Support that Doesn't Focus on Challenges but on Relationship

Options

Replies

• Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuieZRMrPL4[/url]

It's trendy to go hiking by yourselves these days. Super egos brag about it all of the time. Most of them need to use their heads besides something to part their ears with. It's not good common horse sense to hike alone. Ever. I don't care how cute you are.

As we say, horse sense is alot like deodorant. Those who need it the most seldom use it. Every year people go missing. Last year was no exception. Some are found at the bottom of a ravine or cliff. They've fallen and get UP. ;)

Bear spray. We simply haven't got the time. Don't hike alone in bear country. Hails bells, I wouldn't go hiking alone in NYC. There's safety in numbers. As my father used to say, it's not a matter of IF, it's a matter of when.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kshtjWAwApo[/url]
    Now get off the couch and start moving a speed above zero. Let's release some endorphins, today.
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yep @mari22na, I saw that online today. Lots going on in the geological arena these days, very interesting! And hey man, I'm putting along ok for an old girl, my head is much younger than my body! LOL I think when the head gets old, you got a real problem. In the meantime, I just keep doing as well as I am motivated to do and not letting the negative stuff boss me around.
  • shnell25
    shnell25 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello. Please feel free to add me. I’m more about accountability and cheering on your accomplishments and encouraging you when necessary.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I don't believe in diets or food resets or weight loss challenges or contests.

Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on your body's part. Waiting until you've eaten it all back because the brain does not care what you do and then jumping into dropping-it-like-it's-hot mode is mind warp.

Truth. All the while you were eating it back or simply gaining to your highest weight, not one single time does the brain alert you that you have a serious MayDay, MayDay up ahead.

"Mayday got its start as an international distress...“mayday" because it sounded like the French word m'aider, which means “help me."

MayDay = Help Me

Putting your body through the paces, demanding that it drop 40 lbs in 2.5 months is the recipe for eating it all back. When the brutally strict diet is through the brain will see to it that you eat it all back in a fraction of that time.

Health is a Vehicle. Health is not a destination. When you add to the stress your body already has from carrying around an extra 100 or 200 lbs, the brain will rebel. Putting more demands on your body that it must drop all of that weight in the shortest amount of time is not only a mind warp but patently unfair.

Your body is the only vehicle you will have for the foreseeable future. You are not getting another one. You can hack your food and hack your life while the body stands alone as your best friend.

When you make your health a destination, losing weight for an event or revenge or an artificial time limit - if you're doing it for the wrong reasons the brain will rebel. At the 5 year mark, few are left standing with their weight loss still intact. Most have eaten it all back and are in the process of starting over and over and over.

Your procrastination does not constitute an emergency. It won't last. So go slow for the permanent WIN.

• Diatonic12
    Options
    Morbid obesity is linked to mental health. There's usually some depression going on and other things. A diet won't fix that. If you're sedentary, sitting at the computer most of the day, it will be a rough game to start moving at a speed above zero. The brain will rebel and it seldom lasts because of those deep grooves in the brain. Those grooves like to take the path of least resistance and return back to operating in the unconscious remote control autopilot mode.

You need to face the music. Sit down with someone. Face-to-Face. There's not a diet on the face of this earth that will fix these issues. Your heart may have the best of intentions but it's duly noted many starters have a flash of wanting recovery only to never be heard from again. You wonder about them and how they're doing. I care.

Genetics matter and so does the environment you live in. Much of this is mental and you can't ignore it. Starting over and over and over is soul crushing. You don't want to go out like that.

More dieting with short-term goals won't fix it either. It's a temporary bandaid. Just give me another food reset of 10 or 15 days and I promise not to throw it away. It's going to fix everything. No. It won't.

Start thinking about the rest of your life and the longterm care of your Vehicle. You.
    Keep dieting and you'll be digging much deeper holes for yourself.

• Diatonic12
    Options
    Highway Don't Care But I Do

Using your health as a destination don't care. Your health is the vehicle. Take care of yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOdmkbmAzeE[/url]

Procrastination on your part does not constitute an emergency on your body. Respectfully. Marina
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    I'm practically an expert at procrastination, but I even fail at that! LOL No seriously, I'm so guilty but the first step is to recognize that, and make up your mind that it's ok and you are headed somewhere that you are ok with or not. My guess is you are probably here because it's not ok, but where from here? I'm thinking on that and I'm thinking about you guys! Have a great Sunday and figure out if your not ok with where you are headed, then what is the next step you take? Later....Holly
  • clight79
    clight79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m Crystal, I’ve been using MFP for several years but I’m new to using the forums. I’m a mom of three and I’m finally at a place of getting to focus more on myself 😃 Currently I’m working more on fueling my body and strength training to lose body fat instead of focusing on just the scale!! I’m looking to expand my friends list, share tips and ideas with each other and cheer each on💕
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    @clight79 Howdy, so many good choices! There's a multitude of members who've been on the forums for years but bounce in and out of the forums and several groups working on strength training, too. salut-smiley-face.gif?1302011418.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I am hyper aware of what's over there. Some of it is sitting on the counter looking all sweet and adorable. Bread. I love bread y'all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoWnT1aWQMk[/url]
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Sleeping in her breadroom.

nbc_bread.jpg.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    Bye Bye Blueberry Pie
    Checked the fridge for milk
    But the milk jug was dry
    The tears welled UP
    I wanted to cry

When the rats had finished
    Their cute little snacks
    They just went away again
    Down the railroad tracks

Glistening in their bowls of coconut milk
    Gazing upon their circular treat
    Made of wheat and Silk
    Their life is now complete

Bye Bye Miss American Pie
    Drove my Chevy to the levy
    And I took a Sunday nap
    Sent 10 spoonfuls
    Down the hatch
    I'm slowly dozing off
    ZZZzzzzzzzz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iX_TFkut1PM[/url]
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    I awakened from my nap when I saw another Clean Eating, Clean Food being touted.

When I think of Clean Food, I think of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGcTcDcrx9s[/url]
  • Diatonic12
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Clean at last, clean at last, clean at last.

Clean Eating
    Clean Food
    Slide the bar to 8:20 minutes
    Clean Comedy
    Clean At Last

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYEYjC2B77I[/url]
  • campfirequeen1
    Options
    LOL that was too funny @Mari22na . I watched the whole thing and loved it!
  • healthby40
    healthby40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I would love support. I’ve been here before and have lost some weight. I’m would like new friends to lose weight with.

• hpurtee1hp
    hpurtee1hp Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I like the sound of helping with accountability and motivation!!! Sign me up!
  • Diatonic12
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @hpurtee1hp and @healthby40 Done and done.

I think we need to shake it up in here. I was mesmerized by this vid, we need this energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2AC41dglnM[/url]

• Diatonic12
    edited July 2018
    Options
    @hpurtee1hp What's your overall plan and strategy? We have a physical body but we can't let the endless pursuit of the perfect body shove living well and doing something meaningful out of the way. We have to be consistent with the basics for the permanent WIN. I'm in it for the long haul. No temporary bandaid or fix.

What's your plan?

Focus and effort matter. Focus is everything.

Body. Mind. Spirit.

Success-Dwayne-Johnson-Quote.jpg.
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GuWouH2RMY[/url]

Welcome to Hollywood! What's your dream? Everybody comes here; this is Hollywood, land of dreams. Some dreams come true, some don't; but keep on dreamin' - this is Hollywood.

What is your dream? Do you have a solid plan to get there.