Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Congrats to calition , lmmiller1, & szczepj on being the biggest losers! Great job! woot woot!

Congrats to all of Team Skinny for kicking butt on those additional miles!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to hit the woodchoppers today. Also, I can do many, many of the crunches. I need 'em!

On another note, I need to get some heavier weights. The little 2lb-ers aren't cutting it anymore! I can also almost do a real pushup now!! Bye-bye kneeling pushup!! This is a huge NSV for me since I've never had any arm strength - ever!

I'm down for September. I still have 50lbs to lose and I love the challenge and team spirit!
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey tagrady... I think you're doing a great job as captain, so if you're willing to do it again, that's great. If you feel like you need a break, though, just say so and I'm sure any of us would be willing to step up, if necessary. I could see it getting old trying to beg people to turn in their numbers every week. :)

I say we make a list of people who want to be on the September challenge, and the first 10 + Captain we get can be on Team Skinny A and if there are more, maybe we can start a Team Skinny B (call it something different, probably), as well. I also have a MFP friend (unlucky irish) who's looking for a team, so if we're short, maybe we could include her. I just noticed a lot of people at the August challenge who wanted to take part but didn't get a team in time, so I'm hoping we can make sure everybody who wants in gets in this time.

Here's the list so far for Team Skinny A:
    Captain: tagrady
    1) u2fergus
    2) heofon
    3) kdmallon
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Team Skinny B
    Captain:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)
  • u2fergus
    Options
    On another note, I need to get some heavier weights. The little 2lb-ers aren't cutting it anymore! I can also almost do a real pushup now!! Bye-bye kneeling pushup!! This is a huge NSV for me since I've never had any arm strength - ever!

kdmallon! Real pushups! You're doing awesome!!! I haven't been able to do a real pushup since high school, and I imagine it'll be a while before I get to where you are. :) Keep up the good work!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hey tagrady... I think you're doing a great job as captain, so if you're willing to do it again, that's great. If you feel like you need a break, though, just say so and I'm sure any of us would be willing to step up, if necessary. I could see it getting old trying to beg people to turn in their numbers every week. :)

I say we make a list of people who want to be on the September challenge, and the first 10 + Captain we get can be on Team Skinny A and if there are more, maybe we can start a Team Skinny B (call it something different, probably), as well. I also have a MFP friend (unlucky irish) who's looking for a team, so if we're short, maybe we could include her. I just noticed a lot of people at the August challenge who wanted to take part but didn't get a team in time, so I'm hoping we can make sure everybody who wants in gets in this time.

Here's the list so far for Team Skinny A:
    Captain: tagrady
    1) u2fergus
    2) heofon
    3) kdmallon
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

Team Skinny B
    Captain:
    1)
    2)
    3)
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)
    8)
    9)
    10)

count me in! :)
  • ChristB
    ChristB Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi Team Skinny,
    Just wanted to send out a "GREAT JOB!" to you all and to let you know that I am cheering you on always.

A family emergency called me away last week so I apologize for my absence and not maintaining my commitment to the team.

Keep working hard towards your goals, I know you all will kick some serious butt in this August Challenge!!

Always,
    C
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Ok... for the challenge today, I did 3 sets of 12 woodchoppers, but I couldn't manage the squat kicks on only one leg, so I picked a similarly difficult leg exercise that I can do on my knees (where you get on your hands and knees and do a back leg extension) and did 100 instead of 50. Hopefully that will pass muster for the challenge today. I also did 100 crunches toward our weekly total.
  • lmmiller1
    Options
    Count me in on the september challenge!!!!
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Just did 125 crunches tonight along with my workout. I am trying to get out of my crabby mood of no loss this week. I need to get out of that neg mood and become positive quickly!
  • kiltbunny
    kiltbunny Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I feel like my arms are going to fall off right now. Woodchoppers + 30DS (L2D5) + yesterday's Ken Po burn in a good way.

Just did 125 crunches towards the team goal, too, and then capped it out with those squat kicks. Man I am BEAT!
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    So today I woke up and my thighs are SORE....I have really strong legs and can't remember when I worked them so hard my muscles were sore the next day....totally from the wood chops! I love that exercise! Thanks to the challenge for helping me discover it!!! :D
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    Ok SKINNYs....

My car was towed to the shop. Not sure whats wrong, it started no problem but then I couldn't get it to shift out of park????

Anyway, I got home at 9:30, had my husband find me a rental car and I grabbed my sneakers and went for a run...It was a GREAT run!
    The weather here in NC has finally dipped below 90 and there was actually a breeze! (NSV...I think it's time for a new route, when I got home I felt like I could have kept running!)

I've completed my challenges
    50 squat kicks
    50 wood choppers ( I think I did too many...oh well)
    100 crunches.

I think I'll eat dinner now!

Goodnight all

p.s. about the Sept. Challenge...I want to do it but I don't know how much help i'd be points wise....because... Thanks to the August Challenge and Team Skinny....i think I just might reach my goal!!!!!!!!! But I will be cheering you on ALL the way :0)

TEAM SKINNY ROCKS
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Can't wait to hit the woodchoppers today. Also, I can do many, many of the crunches. I need 'em!

I'm down for September. I still have 50lbs to lose and I love the challenge and team spirit!

THAT IS AWESOME!!! Congrats on the NSV...you've earned it!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Hey Team... anybody have suggestions about what I could substitute for the extra mile today? I'm still on crutches and my armpits are way too bruised already to consider trying to walk a mile on crutches. I've been practicing piano an extra hour every night as a way to burn a few extra calories (I know it sounds lame, but it burns something like 250 calories an hour and it lets me take the weight off my right foot) in addition to the strength exercise challenges, but I don't have any ideas right now. I would just put it off till the end of the week, but I'm not sure I'll be able to walk by then, and I don't want to let the team down. Suggestions, anyone?
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Hey Team... anybody have suggestions about what I could substitute for the extra mile today? I'm still on crutches and my armpits are way too bruised already to consider trying to walk a mile on crutches. I've been practicing piano an extra hour every night as a way to burn a few extra calories (I know it sounds lame, but it burns something like 250 calories an hour and it lets me take the weight off my right foot) in addition to the strength exercise challenges, but I don't have any ideas right now. I would just put it off till the end of the week, but I'm not sure I'll be able to walk by then, and I don't want to let the team down. Suggestions, anyone?

Oh no...I missed your post I had to go back to see what happened about stepping on nails! So sorry!
    How about swimming or rowboat or even pretending to row a boat if one isn't available....grab a weighted bar sit in a chair and row away (~ 10 min mile maybe???)
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Oh no...I missed your post I had to go back to see what happened about stepping on nails! So sorry!
    How about swimming or rowboat or even pretending to row a boat if one isn't available....grab a weighted bar sit in a chair and row away (~ 10 min mile maybe???)

oh, that sounds like a great excercise! i might have to try that one sometime! I'm always looking for stuff to do at my chair at work. I've turned into such a fitness dork, I think everyone around me is ready to disown me! I had to unload a truck today, and I was lifting everything like barbells! (at least I acknowledge i'm a dork right?)

Kcgslp~ CONGRATS! I didn't know you were that close to your goal!!! Keep up the good work!!!

Sharesb~I'm with you today, pulled muscles up & down my legs!! ouch!!

I'm upset that I didn't get my mile in this am before work. My mother & father in law were here overnight, and i would have had to go into their guest room to get to the elliptical in the garage. My husband forbid me from waking them up...something about it being rude :P, I was going to run outside, but it was raining, and i'm not a fan of rain! uggggg, I promise i'll do it tonight!

Was anyone else as clueless as me as to how much 10 lbs really is? I've only lost 10.5 lbs, my wedding rings are nearly falling off (put string on inside), I went from an XL shirt, bought the same shirt in a size LG, and it's already somewhat baggy! I really should have gotten with the program years ago!! Only 9 more lbs and i'm officially NOT overweight!!!

On a sad note: Tenisha M and Watrmlon have resigned from the team. Dropping like flys girls! Lets FINISH STRONG because WE'RE WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    WELL GIRLS, WE FINALLY GOT A CHANCE TO MAKE UP SOME POINTS WE LOST FOR LAST WEEK'S DROPPED MEMBERS!!!

WHO'S WITH ME ON THIS!!! I CAN TOTALLY DO 1000 CRUNCHES, THAT'S ONLY 142/DAY! WE GET 10 EXTRA POINTS FOR EVERY TEAM MEMBER THAT DOES 1000!!!

GARY JUST POSTED THIS!!

Its rough when you take abuse from people. Its worse when its from your teammates. I have a teammate SuzMac1981 that is talking all kinds of smack today.....She actually had the nerve to challenge me to do 1000 crunches this week so that between the two of us we could elimintate 1/2 our teams crunch challenge. WELL ITS ON LIKE ROBOT DONKEY KONG! Yeah I'm up for your challenge Cheerleader Dancer Girl! I'm wondering if there is anyone else out there that can compete with the MACHINES on Weapons of Mass Reduction. (*****This is additional do not email me saying you can't do it******) ADDITIONAL WEEKLY CHALLENGE! For every teammate that will commit to 1000 crunches this week I will award 10 extra points per person to that team! This could be a big point spread folks. Thanks SuzMac1981 for keeping us challenged you are the best!
  • u2fergus
    Options
    That is an awesome suggestion about the chair rowing. I'm going to do it! :) Thanks!

As far as the crunches, I totally agree... let's each do 1000 this week and show them what Skinnies are made of. Whoo-hoo!! Besides beating the pants off all the other teams, we're going to have the awesomest abs in the world after this month. :-)
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    I'm totally in for the September challenge! This helps keep me motivated even at home! :)

And hecks yes, I will do 1000 crunches this week. I've got 150 down from yesterday and am about to do a ton more. We can do this!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options
    Also, just finished my exercise challenge for the day. :) And did 250 more crunches.

Total crunches: 400