Eat Keto Diet Daily and Track - 30 Day Challenge

Replies

• rugbymurf
    rugbymurf Posts: 3 Member
    2busyb wrote: »
    rugbymurf wrote: »
    Count me in. It's really inspiring to go through all these posts and see so many people doing this. I feel kind of like a lone weirdo among my family. And unfortunately I happened to start this just as I herniated a disc in my back, but in fact it's actually a blessing. Cutting the sugar out of my diet has been majorly anti-inflammatory and has helped me bounce back from the initial first couple of days of agony. I've done this before and it took way longer to get mobile, and I really think that the Keto diet is what has helped. I'm starting to realize how insidiously addictive and harmful refined sugar and carbs in general are. I'm just 5 days in, but I feel clearer, I'm sleeping better and I've been able to deal with this back thing with no narcotics or steroid pack. Yaaay Keto! BTW, is just grass fed heavy cream okay for coffee?

Yes, heavy whipping cream (HWC) is great. I'm a coffee drinker, it's taken a while for my taste buds to adapt to stevia, but I'm good now. If I need to mix it up I turn to less than 1/2 packet of s&l in my coffee. There are alot of variances, I bounce between HWC, unsweetened almond milk, coconut oil(blended in N.bullet w/sprinkles of ground cinnamon ). Theres but bulletproof coffee recipes all over, research & see what works best for your body. Good to see your trying dietary changes for health & wellness before pharmaceuticals if you can. Best wishes for a speedy back recovery. 👍

• rugbymurf
    rugbymurf Posts: 3 Member
    Okay, I feel like a real "Newb" asking this but I hear everyone talking about "Bulletproof" coffee. What makes coffee bulletproof? Is it just adding some kind of healthy fat to it? and not adding sugar? Does the fat settle on top? I'm kind of thinking for at work where everyone has some kind of icky creamer in the fridge. Convenience. I usually just make sure that I'm using one that doesn't have any sugar in it. And I'm a little scared to blend hot coffee cos I usually just use a hand blender for stuff. Jeez. I'm a little high maintenance. Might need a real blender soon. I do have a nutribullet. But I have a feeling it isn't intended for hot things. I got on my bike today and my disc is playing ball so far. Got the MRI report. That was not very good. It reads worse than I feel. But that just reinforces my belief that the anti-inflammatory effects of the kept diet are what's keeping the disk injury from being super painful.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    edited July 2018
    This is my favorite coffee recipe so far-

Coffee
    Grass-fed butter
    Tbsp or so of heavy whipping cream
    Knox unflavored gelatin - just a sprinkle
    1 stevia packet
    1 tbsp of sugar free hazelnut syrup
    Dash of cinnamon

Blend and enjoy!

Yum!!! What what does the gelatin do? Helps froth it up??

OK - ignore I just saw your post on the gelatin! Now I understand!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Today is day 1 of no (or low) carbs for 5 days. Breakfast was a total of 2 carbs and lunch will be about the same. I'm trying to keep carbs under 10 per day for 5 days. I'm following some people on instagram doing the same thing! Fingers crossed I can make it!!!
  • hippienana
    hippienana Posts: 201 Member
    I am just starting the Keto way of eating. I need to lose 60 pounds and cant wait to start feeling better. I went on vacation visiting family and was shocked at my weight in the pictures. You don't realize until you have a candid picture of how bad you look. This was a wake-up call for me. I'm in.
  • jor3c
    jor3c Posts: 40 Member
    so fell completely OFF the wagon in massive way since this started ... weekends HARD!!...trying again today, but got to figure out how not to feel completely sick as I get back into it... I can't Not function at work, home or with my horses (have to have clear head not feel like crap/exhausted). Heat Warnings this week so not going to push the exercise to begin with...so guess this is as good a time as any to feel like blah/exhausted. I want to do the IF but as someone who has hypoglycemia not sure if I could manage it...the 16:8 is issue... Any ideas? from those who have successfully done it? Reading success stories helps & hoping to get a handle on this and move forward. Have a GREAT week everyone.
  • quijen
    quijen Posts: 2 Member
    I've kind of looked at this, but have had a hard time deciding if this is healthy or not. I've gained back about 20 lbs and I'm just having a terrible time getting rid of it. If I understand Keto correctly it's low to no carb, moderate protein and high fat? Any advice?
  • fyrechild83
    fyrechild83 Posts: 4 Member
    I imagine quite a bit of it is fat or you were carrying a massive amount of water. Just wanted to say well done!
    I've been on Keto for 27 days so far and I've lost 21 pounds! I know most of it is water weight - a pound a day is nothing else - but I'm feeling great! And yes, I love planning out my day and pre-balancing everything!

I'm finally starting to SEE the changes, mostly in my face and my rear, so I guess you're right! Thanks and congrats right back at you!
  • rmbarrett138
    rmbarrett138 Posts: 3 Member
    I would like to join. I need the encouragement. Please.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Joining
  • keishkeish
    keishkeish Posts: 270 Member
    I would like to join.

Today is day one for me. (1/30)
    My meals will consist of:
    eggs & turkey beacon for breakfast
    105 oz water
    cauliflower rice and bake Chicken thigh for lunch
    cauliflower and broccoli with bake pork shoulder for dinner.
    I love water, so no issues with that as long as it's cold water.

• procrox
    procrox Posts: 38 Member
    Yes! Day one, so many good things to come :)
    That's not the only meal plan for all 30 days is it?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Starting my keto journey tomorrow! Any advice tips or tricks for beginners?

Lots of extra sodium to replace the electrolytes you'll lose.
  • xrsize4dad
    xrsize4dad Posts: 29 Member
    Just starting Keto so would like to join, lot's to learn
  • shiggs119
    shiggs119 Posts: 1 Member
    Can people still join?
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    after 8 weeks on, I fell off yesterday with 1 c. of ice cream and 3 Fig Newtons and beat myself up a few hours. Thanks to some good Keto virtual buds here and on my FB group, I was able to rally my spirits. I've done great today and no real repercussions. I don't measure ketones every day so no worrying about that. I have been in a slump losing weight since 3rd week -- maybe 1/2 lb but I am determined this is a way of life for me. I may fall again sometime but I can get back up the next MEAL even. I am feeling determined for my health's sake.
    my best advice for new ketoers is to be prepared and prep ahead of time and enter your food in for the day. Somehow that helps me track better.
  • AnEoakli
    AnEoakli Posts: 2 Member
    I,m in. Been doing keto off and on and need to get back to my ON! I make bone broth frequently and really spice it up and this and coffee with low carb protein powder is how I make it through my day, but have not been in ketosis for a long while, mainly because of bad binging. I know this is well into the original 30 days but hope this group continues on.
  • pfolsom35
    pfolsom35 Posts: 3 Member
    I am in and this is my first day on Ketol. I am wondering what is the difference between Keto and the Atkins diet?
  • Tami_in_Idaho
    Tami_in_Idaho Posts: 26 Member
    I would love to join this challenge. Been doing Keto since Feb 1 (with a few cheat days along the way). Down 45 pounds. Currently doing a 7 day Keto egg fast.