Metal!!!!

Options

Replies

• miss84
    miss84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im not exactly into metal (i dont like the screaming) though I do love heavy stuff when exercising like Seven Dust, Machine Head, Disturbed (sorry Tia haha), Karnivool, Cog, Mammal, Floating Me, Dead Letter Circus, The Butterfly Effect (<-- A few quality Aussies bands!!) , Deftones,Tool. I put my earphones in, put the tunes up so I cant hear myself puffing, and i can go harder for longer running than if im listening to my feet pounding!!
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How about Lamb of God, Suicide Silence, Devil Driver...

Not so much Lamb of God. Suicide Silence tho for sure and I don't mind some of Devildrivers ****.
    I'll take me some Wednesday 13 too. Murderdolls were great haha
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    Im not exactly into metal (i dont like the screaming) though I do love heavy stuff when exercising like Seven Dust, Machine Head, Disturbed (sorry Tia haha), Karnivool, Cog, Mammal, Floating Me, Dead Letter Circus, The Butterfly Effect (<-- A few quality Aussies bands!!) , Deftones,Tool. I put my earphones in, put the tunes up so I cant hear myself puffing, and i can go harder for longer running than if im listening to my feet pounding!!

lol awwww at least you said sorry =P
    I use to hate Aussie metal but in the last couple years they've come out with some good stuff. Especially in the hardcore section.
    Amity Affliction, I Killed The Prom Queen, Parkway Drive. They're all doing good especially giving Australia a decent name. Better then Kylie to me haha
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options

You are now my fav person on here....
    thank you haha
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity, what's wrong with Metallica? :)

Two words: Bob Rock. He ruined them. They used to be my favorite band, and I will always love their old stuff. The black album was the beginning of the end. And then the napster stuff was the last nail in the coffin. The new album is produced by Rick Rubin and has a lot of the flavor of the olden days - long tracks, solid riffs, solos, and even an actual instrumental track. If anybody would be able to "bring them back" it would be Mr. Rubin.

But the damage has been done. Most people who were fans back in the day are either feel betrayed, disgusted, or have simply grown out of metal.

Anyway, I still have their older stuff and even Death Magnetic on rotation when I'm lifting. As well as Slayer, Megadeth, Sepultura, Death Angel, Black Sabbath. I'm pretty much stuck in the olden days when it comes to metal. None of the modern stuff appeals to me.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I Wrestled A Bear Once and Evergreen Terrance (which my husband grew up with the singer and he is awesome.)
  • xxxTiaxxx
    Options
    I Wrestled A Bear Once and Evergreen Terrance (which my husband grew up with the singer and he is awesome.)

EXACTLY!!! And that guy IS good haha
  • inthequiet
    Options
    I'm more into Hardcore/Post Hardcore, etc..

Every Time I Die
    The Bled
    GlassJAw
    Our Last Night
    A Static Lullaby
    Mars Volta
    How Water Music
    Bear vs Shark

Only ones I can think of right now, I'm sure there's more though.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Karnivool, Cog, Mammal, Floating Me, Dead Letter Circus, The Butterfly Effect

You are speaking my language here! Fellow Aussie with an addiction to the above bands. Check out Tesseract, they are like Karnivool but a bit heavier.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    HELL YEAH. Here are some I didn't see on my skim (note some of these are deemed alternative, but I think they're pretty heavy):

Chevelle
    Black Sabbath
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Godsmack
    Seether
    Evanescence
    Korn
    Lit
    Soundgarden
    Garbage (not really metal, but some slamming music anyway)
    Audioslave
    Hatebreed
    Nickleback
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Drowning Pool
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'll add some too;

Meshuggah
    Opeth
    Lacrymae
    Tesseract (see above)
    Animals As Leaders
    Periphery
    Soilwork
    Fair To Midland
    HELM (just found these guys a few months ago, another Aussie band. Like a more melodic Isis)
    Red Fang
    Clutch
    Shihad
    The Sword
    Twelve Foot Ninja
  • leopardlushh
    Options
    Hey, as long as you named TOOL, that's what counts!

AGREED!!! What about SIX FEET UNDER or Sepultura?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Always been a Metallica fan since they came out. Priest, Dio, Y&T, Sabbath, AC/DC, ...............the list goes on.
  • robinellis
    Options
    decapitated, cannibal, cannabis corpse, Obscura, municipal waste
  • AndrewTub
    AndrewTub Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yea I can be a bit of a metal head at times ! Usually listen to fairly modern stuff like - Bullet For My Valentine, - Asking Alexandria

Cool thread xD
  • ericjr7210
    ericjr7210 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Anthrax... Black Flag
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    b-b-bump
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Facecage
    Slayer
    Slipknot
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

Five Finger Death Punch

\m/
    ^^ totally

I'm not a death metal fan If I can't sort of sing along it ain't happening for me! lol

I love
    Danzig
    Old Metallica
    Kiss
    Bad Religion
    Anthrax
    a bit of Megadeath
    even some WASP and DIO (I'm old what can I say) lol
    AC/DC of course.. but mainly Bon Scott stuff
    Sabbath / Ozzy
    Motorhead
    and teenage stuff like Gn'R and Whitesnake.. I'm a child of the 70's so I grew up with that sort of stuff.