What's your golden rule that you try not to break?

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I never miss a Monday for working out, unless I am on vacation or sick or injured.
    Don't eat out more than 2-3 meals a week. (I failed at this last week)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    30 minutes exercise every day.
    Fruit or veggie at every meal.
    At least 32 oz water per day.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I heard once that if you wouldn't eat an apple then you're probably not hungry and it's become sort of a go to thing when I'm thinking of snacking - and I've bought apples :D

What's yours?

If I used this rule, I would weigh 800 pounds. Am I the only person who just really loves apples? :lol:

I think the trick is to find a food that you find palatable but not so delicious that you'd eat it just because. So I have a version of this rule, but I use salad greens instead of apples (because I also really love apples!).
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have a minimum amount of water I need to drink a day (or my joints get achy), treats must taste "worth" the calories or it's a waste, and the only calories worth drinking involve booze.
  • reposadojo
    reposadojo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Don't give into temptation and eat, sweets, candy. Crisps, pop, soda through the week.. Save it for the weekend..
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Focus on what matters, ignore the rest.
  • OuijaCat
    OuijaCat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine is to always over estimate rather than under estimate my calories. I have a pretty good idea of calories in most foods and if I don't know for sure I'll usually just assume it's at the higher end of my estimate rather than the lower end.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Be nice and don't take other people's stuff (kindergarten ethics).
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Mine is "Everything in moderation - including moderation."
    Love this! My dad always said that about life in general. I should have paid better attention;)

• shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Mine is to always over estimate rather than under estimate my calories. I have a pretty good idea of calories in most foods and if I don't know for sure I'll usually just assume it's at the higher end of my estimate rather than the lower end.

I did this while cutting, I go the other way now that I'm bulking again!