What's your golden rule that you try not to break?

Options

Replies

• New2ket0
    New2ket0 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Don’t go to “group meet ups”
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Eat dessert first.
  • lizzyfit2
    lizzyfit2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Its old, but I've always lived by it...
    "Eat to live, don't live to eat"..

• bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    katphi1618 wrote: »
    The biggest rule I've ever lived by was, if I can't do it myself than I probably don't need it. This is towards food. It took me to the point where I had dairy goats and made my own butter, cheese, yogurt and ice cream, not to mention garden, livestock, poultry and mini brewery. I was thinner and stronger back then. I let it lax in the last couple of years but I'm working back to it.

I'd probably die, as I am the only person I know with such a black thumb that I can't grow weeds.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Don't piss off the wife is the only rule that I live by.

That's a very good rule! Same rule my grandfather had, he had a long and happy life because of it.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Be honest with myself and what I am eating. I find I tend to stop logging when I have not been following my healthy eating plan, eating too big portions. (I also do this weird thing with myself. I remind myself this is not my last supper and at some time in the future, I will eat what I love, but just not today). In life, I try to be kind and give other people the benefit of the doubt.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,359 Member
    Options
    Focus on what I can influence or control to help achieve my goals, not on stuff I can't change. Strive to balance current Ann's hedonic impulses with future Ann's health needs, because both of me are important. And have fun.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Stay within my calorie goal for the week. If I'm going to go over my goal for the day, I log the extra for the next day and force myself to stay under goal for that day.

General rule for life: Choose kindness

• lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My diet is in check so my only other kind of health related goal is that at 11pm whether I'm tired or not; I turn off all the lights and put my phone away so that I fall asleep. I used to be up till 3am regularly so this was a huge deal for me.

This is a rule I need to enforce on myself!
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    A friend always used to ask herself, do I need this or do I want this? She always swore by it. I do like the apple theory in the OP- going to try it!