TEAM RED HOT ARSENAL - Week 3 (Closed Group)

Options
AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!

IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO DO ANY OF THE CHALLENGES, PLEASE ASK FOR A MODIFICATION!!! POINTS ARE GIVEN FOR MODIFICATIONS. IF A CHALLENGE IS MISSED, WE MISS OUT ON BONUS POINTS.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please do not hesitate to ask me either via forum or message.

This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team captain for ideas.

Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for the team!

WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #3 YOU ARE NO LONGER ROCKSTARS, YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu)

Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk, run + 3 sets of 21’s
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related)

Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4)

Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.

Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc)

Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own butt this week!

Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge

Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!

*Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.

Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

Replies

• freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    Bump. Alrighty, lets do this!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Bump. . I'm willing to attempt 100 crunches a day towards the team goal. . may change my mind in a couple days lol but I'll give it my best shot!! Go week 3!!! How are we doing points wise and stuff btw?!
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    I ll work on 50 ab crunches each morning for team let's. Call it 300 with one day off
  • tbhoover
    tbhoover Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Ok this is getting intense :o) Love it

Im glad we are doing abs instead of miles this week. I can definitely contribute more to the team.

Let's do it!
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Hoorah! I AM SO READY FOR THIS WEEK! Bring it RHA! also, I completely agree with tbhoover about the abs instead of miles. i can LOADS of abs lying on the floor playing with my son. =)
  • Jemmuno
    Jemmuno Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Bump. Will be working my but off this week to get rid of water weight from TOM. Expecting big results this Sunday!!
  • Charlie175
    Options
    Anyone signing up for the Sept challenge as well? We have to make our own teams. . if anyone is interested, I want to join a team!
  • _Corinne_
    _Corinne_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'll do 100 crunches a day for the team (my abs will be smokin' once all the pounds melt away!).
  • krevelle65
    krevelle65 Posts: 189
    Options
    August 15
    Water over
    Calorie under
    Challenge done
    50 crunches for team
    Everyone have a good night
  • freeloaves
    Options
    Aug 15
    Challenge done
    Water on par
    Cals on par
    no crunches as of yet.
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Im wanting to do the september challenge :o)
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    Okay, I'm going to try to answer all the questions in one post LOL Today has been rough for me catching up wise. Garage sale all flippin' weekend and so I'm playing catch up with messages, weights, the whole shebang. Bear with me. This is going to be a long one.

As for the September challenge...teams will be teams of 10 instead of 20 so I can totally handle that. If you are interested in being a captain, please feel free to form your own team :smile: My feelings will not be hurt. If you are not interested in forming your own team, but still want to do the challenge, and still want to be on my team, please let me know ASAP so I can forward Gary the roster. If you have a friend who's interested, and you want to be on the same team, message me their info so I can shoot them a message.

As for the questions about where we stand point wise, I'm not 100% sure as Gary hasn't listed the rankings yet. I'm not thinking we are doing so hot at the moment due to a few drops as well as a few members not getting back with me with their recaps and Sunday weigh ins. Without that information, I cannot post points for that teammate :frown: I hate to sound like a drill Sargent, but not only is this a challenge, you joined the challenge for a reason!!! Please think back and remember that reason. Not only did you join the challenge for a reason, you joined MFP for a reason. Correct?!?!? We all fall off the wagon here and there. I'm guilty of it as well. Find your reasons for this journey AND remember those reasons and push!

It's the beginning of week 3. Is your scale needing a time out? Don't you dare be discouraged. It's rough. I know. I've been there. Don't get discouraged, but ask yourselves where you were two weeks ago. Are you doing more than you were then? Are you stronger now then you were then? Are you still committed to see this thing through til the end? I believe you are answering a resounding YES! I knew several of you would see little to no weight loss this week, but look at how far you've come in just 2 weeks. You are stronger, faster and able to last longer. Up/Downs and Globe Jumps were a challenge this week they will be just another exercise! Our team was able to go an extra 100+ miles! This week our team will do an additional 4,000 crunches! Yes, 4,000!!! and you are feeling down? Phalleeeeze! Rise up and conquer this past week and dominate this week! This week is your week, take ownership and push like you've never pushed before! I'm so proud of you and all you have accomplished!

Let's keep up the good work, and kick some serious *kitten* this week!!!!
  • Charlie175
    Options
    Great motivational speech!! So ready for week 3
    Aug 15
    Water done
    Under calories (even had some b-day cake!)
    Challenge done
    100 crunches for the team!
  • freeloaves
    Options
    Awesome motivation speech *gets back on horse*
  • tbhoover
    Options
    August 15th -

Calories - Under
    Water - Done
    Challenge - Done

100 crunches for the team!
  • amwat
    amwat Posts: 10
    Options
    Bump I'm in
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    August 15
    Daily challenge completed
    100 ab crunches towards team.
  • tbhoover
    Options
    Ok I am really feeling yesterdays challenge. My legs and abs are aching :o) Love it!
  • lukybug
    lukybug Posts: 209
    Options
    It has been brought to my attention that an additional challenge for this week has been brought :wink: Let's show 'em how it's done.

ADDITIONAL WEEKLY CHALLENGE! For every teammate that will commit to 1000 crunches this week I will award 10 extra points per person to that team! This could be a big point spread folks. We NEED these bonus points. Remember, these 1000 crunches are in addition to our combined 4000 crunches for this week.

I can't stress this enough...this is going to be a way that we can catch up with our points!!! Let's do this!
  • tbhoover
    Options
    i can commit to that...how many r we each supposed to do to get the team 4000? wanna make sure i do all i need to do