Have been at same weight for 4-6 weeks

2»

Replies

• woodlandrdmom
    woodlandrdmom Posts: 12 Member
    Ironically I lost a 1 this week!!! Finally. I think the biggest thing is that I had no idea you could turn the adding calories back option off😂 I just thought MFP was being generous 🤔 I think that small change will make a big difference! Thanks for your thoughts! Really appreciate it!
  • woodlandrdmom
    Made some small changes, mainly turning off the adding back burned calories feature (which I didn't know was on:) and voila, lbs lost!!👍💪
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I never knew that option was available...Haha! Good thing though. I stick to 1400 and I lose slowly with plateaus. But the overall trends are downward which is what I want with no time or date in mind. Being 61...I can be very patient :D
  • woodlandrdmom
    Good to know!!! Thanks!!!
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    dsboohead wrote: »
    I never knew that option was available...Haha! Good thing though. I stick to 1400 and I lose slowly with plateaus. But the overall trends are downward which is what I want with no time or date in mind. Being 61...I can be very patient :D

its only an option if you pay for premium.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Never use your exercise cals as credit. Keep to your cal balance

MFP doent count your purposeful exercise calories so you are supposed to eat them back. MFP is set with your deficit built in without exercise,if you exercise you will have a bigger deficit which is not always a good thing.if you do the TDEE method then your exercise calories are already built into your calories.