I keep binging

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Deviette wrote: »
    angelsja wrote: »
    Deviette wrote: »
    If the scale is your trigger, stop looking at the scale. Either step on it less often (think once a month) or don't use it at all and use other methods of measuring your success. Measure yourself with a tape measure or how much you can run or lift or whatever. Something that isn't a scale.

How long has this been going on for? Personally I get an awful need to binge at certain times depending where I am in my menstrual cycle. When it sets in, all I can do is try my best to limit the damage. I want to eat an entire jar of nutella? I have a couple of teaspoons of nutella. I want all the chips? I have half the chips. Sometimes the decision isn't between eating something and not eating something. It's eating something, or eating less of that thing. And in that case, less is always a better option.
    At the end of the day you have to control your bingeing. Sometimes there isn't an easy fix, you just have to try hard to resist. I've found it does get easier.

from the data i have from my weigh ins 4 times since January started in April with my first binge then pretty much every month since then :(

Sooooo you're saying about once a month? Around the same time in the month?

i know what your going to say but its not hormones i binged this time because it was the food festival last time because we went to a all you can eat Thia buffet cant remember the reasons for the other 2 times too far back
  • angelsja
    I think you should take a step back and realize that your weight isn't a definition of your worth as a human being and that everyone who loves you and supports you will feel the same way whether you're skinnier or heavier at Christmas dinner. I think you need to take the emotion out of this because it's making you panic and self-sabotage.

Then, once you've realized that losing weight is more about you taking control of your health and your life and accomplishing a goal, THEN come up with a rational plan that fits your taste buds and lifestyle and needs. Something where you're not going to walk around feeling annoyed or deprived or like you're "being good" or anything else that's an emotional/judgmental/self-critical approach to weight loss. The calorie count per day is probably going to be a lot higher than 1200--whatever you need to be at a 1 lb a week loss.

Then give that a shot and weigh in once or twice a week. Be aware that if you've gained weight, that might just be a fluctuation, but also be honest with yourself about what you've actually been eating. And if you gained weight because you overate, that's fine. Normal. What people do. Just commit to focusing more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is--don't panic, be mad at yourself, overdo it...none of these behaviors will help you lose weight. (I know, I tried myself! ;-P)

calorie goal puts me at 1450 to lose 1lb per week :( i dont feel annoyed or deprived just want to not binge when i hit 11 stone 11 this time last year i was 11.4 i think having my fitbit is hindering my progress so ive come up with 2 options A disconnect my fitbit then when i workout/walk etc look at what fitbit says i burned and log half into mfp. Or B set myself at maintenance and just use exercise to create my deficit
  • angelsja
    You are at 1067 for the day and it is 2PM? Why can't you have a nice small meal of 400 calories just before you get in bed?

because my evening meal will fill me up and i wont be hungry this is what im saying should i eat to fill my calories up even when not hungry?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I'm confused.
  • angelsja
    I'm confused.

what are you cnfused about?
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    I think you should take a step back and realize that your weight isn't a definition of your worth as a human being and that everyone who loves you and supports you will feel the same way whether you're skinnier or heavier at Christmas dinner. I think you need to take the emotion out of this because it's making you panic and self-sabotage.

Then, once you've realized that losing weight is more about you taking control of your health and your life and accomplishing a goal, THEN come up with a rational plan that fits your taste buds and lifestyle and needs. Something where you're not going to walk around feeling annoyed or deprived or like you're "being good" or anything else that's an emotional/judgmental/self-critical approach to weight loss. The calorie count per day is probably going to be a lot higher than 1200--whatever you need to be at a 1 lb a week loss.

Then give that a shot and weigh in once or twice a week. Be aware that if you've gained weight, that might just be a fluctuation, but also be honest with yourself about what you've actually been eating. And if you gained weight because you overate, that's fine. Normal. What people do. Just commit to focusing more.

I guess what I'm trying to say is--don't panic, be mad at yourself, overdo it...none of these behaviors will help you lose weight. (I know, I tried myself! ;-P)

calorie goal puts me at 1450 to lose 1lb per week :( i dont feel annoyed or deprived just want to not binge when i hit 11 stone 11 this time last year i was 11.4 i think having my fitbit is hindering my progress so ive come up with 2 options A disconnect my fitbit then when i workout/walk etc look at what fitbit says i burned and log half into mfp. Or B set myself at maintenance and just use exercise to create my deficit

OK, so eat 1450 a day and do the work you need to do to figure out why you're binging when you weigh in and don't like the result. Whatever it is--if it's not annoyance or deprivation, it's SOMETHING--it's accomplishing the exact opposite of what you want.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I'm confused.

Are you hungry in the evening or not?
  • angelsja

OK, so eat 1450 a day and do the work you need to do to figure out why you're binging when you weigh in and don't like the result. Whatever it is--if it's not annoyance or deprivation, it's SOMETHING--it's accomplishing the exact opposite of what you want.

im not binging because i dont like the result im binging when i hit healthy bmi :/
  • angelsja
    I'm confused.

Are you hungry in the evening or not?

not once ive had my evening meal ive logged all my food including my evening meal and come in at 1067 should i eat something else to make up the calories even if im not hungry ?
  • Running_and_Coffee

im not binging because i dont like the result im binging when i hit healthy bmi :/

OK, so only when you get to a healthy weight, you binge? Is that what you are saying?
  • angelsja

OK, so only when you get to a healthy weight, you binge? Is that what you are saying?

yes :/
  • Running_and_Coffee

OK.
    WHY?
    Do you feel like you did the work to get thin so you deserve to eat more?
    What thoughts are going on in your head AS you binge?
  • angelsja

OK.
    WHY?
    Do you feel like you did the work to get thin so you deserve to eat more?
    What thoughts are going on in your head AS you binge?

i honestly have no idea the past 2 times have coincided with going out to a all you can eat buffet and the local food festival + home stresses so that probably didn't help i have a buffet lunch next weekend that i go to every year and every year i start with the best intentions of ill only have a bit then it all goes to pot