Replies

• aimeetu
    aimeetu Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Every day if possible!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Every few weeks, maybe. It's calorie dense and not something I love that much so I don't have it often.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    You can tell they are ripe when that little stem pops off or is missing from the fruit. The flesh will be darker, it should be slightly soft. The softer it is the more ripe it is and the quicker to going bad.
  • ballerbryan
    ballerbryan Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Basically everyday. I'm an avocado addict...
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Umm... I dunno once every few weeks I guess. Depends what I’m having for dinner. I had some tonight because we ate tacos/burrito for dinner.
  • AnitaKundu
    AnitaKundu Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I haven't had them for a long time as they are out of season and $6 each, which I refuse to pay. I am in New Zealand.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Not very often. They don't pair well with the majority of other things I eat.
  • MixedbarbieMOM1991
    MixedbarbieMOM1991 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Maybe a once or twice a week what does everyone use them with?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    It's a little like asking how often one eats butter, or hummus, or cheese. They each have their place and go well with certain things, and sometimes they're interchangeable, but I can't think of a reason to have it more frequently than the others.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Maybe a once or twice a week what does everyone use them with?
    A fork
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Maybe bi-annually. Avocados don’t grow naturally here. The ones I have bought were either mushy or hard and bland. I don’t think I know how to pick a fresh one and I haven’t tasted one at its peak.

Do you have to keep lime juice handy so it doesn’t go brown?
  • Elphaba1313
    Elphaba1313 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Toasted cheese and avocado sandwich is my favourite lunch in the world. I have one every work day. On big gym days I have two.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Only when I can buy them cheap.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1/4 avocado everyday. But I recently reduced my cal count by a couple hundred points and avocado had to go.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I really like avocados but they aren't something that I regularly think of buying. When I do- they seem to go bad before I get to them. I know they are healthy but I typically spend my calories elsewhere.

Most of my avocados are free when they're in season, so I'd just keep on eating every day until they're all gone.