How often do you eat avocado?

Options

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    sue_01 wrote: »
    I eat them every night! Going through radiation therapy, had brain surgery I'n, March I have not had one symptom ,I swear its the avocados . I was suppose to lose my hair week 2 or 3 I still have my hair that and lots of water. I am in week 5.

Glad you're enjoying your avocado and it's perceived medicinal qualities. Wishing you a full recovery from your recent surgery.

By the way, radiation doesn't cause hair loss. That's usually caused by chemotherapy.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Rarely. Either if I go to Panera for a Turkey Avocado BLT or splurge on guac at Chipotle.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Not very often. They tend to be more expensive.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Maybe bi-annually. Avocados don’t grow naturally here. The ones I have bought were either mushy or hard and bland. I don’t think I know how to pick a fresh one and I haven’t tasted one at its peak.

Do you have to keep lime juice handy so it doesn’t go brown?

Try this tip.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thekitchn.com/use-this-simple-trick-to-determine-whether-an-avocado-is-ripe-inside-tips-from-the-kitchn-172933
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I buy 3 or 4 every trip to the supermarket, which would be twice a week. I can't imagine my sandwiches and burrito bowls without them.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Maybe bi-annually. Avocados don’t grow naturally here. The ones I have bought were either mushy or hard and bland. I don’t think I know how to pick a fresh one and I haven’t tasted one at its peak.

Do you have to keep lime juice handy so it doesn’t go brown?

Try this tip.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thekitchn.com/use-this-simple-trick-to-determine-whether-an-avocado-is-ripe-inside-tips-from-the-kitchn-172933

hmm. I never considered that. I always just give em a light squeeze if they feel like a proper tomato they're good to go.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hardly ever. I live in NZ and they’re stupidly expensive here.
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Only when they are less than 99 cents each! Sometimes they have a mesh bag of 5 or 6 for $1.99! Then I eat one every day. I have good luck growing the seeds; I put two outside in pots because I thought they'd like the hot weather, and they were looking wonderful. That is until the chipmunks dined on them. So I just started two new ones. Everyone laughs at me because I live in NE Ohio, but keep trying to grow myself an avocado tree. I get them to be a couple of feet tall, and something bad always happens to them. My favorite way to eat them is just a half buried under some low-fat cottage cheese, seasoned with some jalapeno hot sauce, and I call it lunch.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Every single day at lunch! Healthy and delicious!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Never. I think they are gross
  • MixedbarbieMOM1991
    MixedbarbieMOM1991 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    DoubleUbea wrote: »
    Maybe a once or twice a week what does everyone use them with?
    A fork

Haha I just never know what goes well with them.
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Costco now sells frozen, prepared avocado in the fruit section! No more wasted avocado! I like mine mashed in with chicke, red onions and celery...yum!
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Maybe once every year or two
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Never. It's not that I don't like them... they're just expensive and taste like water to me. And why would I want to waste calories on something so tasteless?
  • Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Never. Can’t stand em!
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    everyday
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Whenever I want, and as with all foods I eat (I don't discriminate between so called healthy or not healthy) paying attention to moderation, serving size and daily calorie budget.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    4 oz of avocado everday...I use it like butter on toast.
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Never. I’ve never eaten an avocado or anything avocado based. Amazingly I’m still alive...
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Diem78 wrote: »
    I really like avocados but they aren't something that I regularly think of buying. When I do- they seem to go bad before I get to them. I know they are healthy but I typically spend my calories elsewhere.

My sentiment exactly :wink: