Have you had success because of The Obesity Code (book)?

Options
13»

Replies

• Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I think most of us are here because we have issues with portion control, plate size, and food selection. Nothing ever "burned off" me unless I helped along in the process. Working within a calorie limit compels me to make better food choices, i.e., what will give me a feeling of satiety until the next meal.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    AmyG1982 wrote: »
    I love the idea of not having to count. If his theories are correct and you eat good food at the right times your body will burn off the extra calories through a whole bunch of body processes... I should say I haven't finished reading the book so I don't know all the ins and outs but I like what I've read so far. Counting gets tiring.

Slimming World counts points rather than calories and from what I understand the healthy foods are 'free' points wise. Maybe try that?

you can gain weight on healthy foods if you eat more than you burn .trust me thats how I became obese in the first place. I thought I could eat as many healthy fruits,veggies and so on and not gain. nope not true. everything but water has calories. calories add up.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I read his book as well. I believe if someone is healthy, and not Obese then it makes sense for the Calorie deficit method only. But if you are truly Obese and have been so for any length of time, then you really need to pay attention to more than just calorie in and calorie out, and burned. I am not talking about someone who is a bit overweight I am talking about Obese.
    Because if one is Obese over time, the facts are we have damaged organs inside our bodies. So the way to correct this as much as possible is about more than just burning more calories than we consume. This is where paying attention to Carbs and what kind, proteins, sugar, sodium and all of the rest come into play. Me, personally I do not follow anything that Dr. Fung wrote. But each person, has to decide what they are going to follow, and be comfortable with. Yes I need to burn the calories got it. But also track Carbs, and 99% of the time that means no pasta, no bread, no starchy veges, and no grains for me. And I have test results that back up why this was a great decision for me personally. And others it would not potentially work, and I get that too.

As someone who had been obese since childhood and morbidly obese since I was a teenager... I am now in the ‘normal’ BMI range and healthy enough to enjoy HIIT and hiking up hills. I achieved this on a high-carb diet, controlling only my calories.

Avoiding carbs is making it easier for you to control your calories. That’s all.

Not sure if you are talking for everyone else, but that's false. We are all made different. My body for example needs high volume, regardless if they come from carbs or fats. If I did keto on a diet, the volume wouldn't be so high because high fat diets mean high caloric foods (remember 1g of fats = 9 calories), so it won't be long before I want to eat again because that's how my body is wired. With carbs, you can have a huge amount of volume of foods especially through vegetables which is why I thrive on them especially for the gym. At the end, it's all personal preference.

...yes? You sound like you think you’re disagreeing with me, but you’re not...