Playing hooky from work

Options
Just_Mel_
Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
I called in sick to work today. I'm not sick at all. But I told boss man I'm throwing up. I know it's not a completely original excuse, but no one wants to work with a puker.

What are some better excuses I could use for next time?

Replies

• WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I wish I was hooking right now :p

I think it's probably best to keep it simple, with the sickness excuse. Also I hope none of your coworkers are on MFP. LOL.

I'm jealous. I hope you have an awesome personal day!
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    1) You have the squirts.
    2) Your child is sick and you have no one to watch them.
    3) You need time to yourself
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    you are having issues with your MoonCup being stuck.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    you are having issues with your MoonCup being stuck.

i6vj8qsfv9at.gif
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Your having a root canal or even better a colonoscopy.

You have leaky pipes :smiley:
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    My face is purple, skin is all flakey, and nose is running.

No joke it was yesterday when i went to order a smoothy i saw a person with these symptoms. Im surprised the manager had that person continue working even though they looked all kinds of messed up and sick. I immediately cancelled my order and left the store. Nope nope dont want what ever they got. Hope the person got to go home and see a doctor though.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    The puking one is good, actually. All problems of the digestive tract are better than the sniffles or pain or whatever in the skeptic eyes of boss man.

But you don't want to be too graphic. Just say you have... indigestion, with a small uncomfortable pause there. If they insist, tell them you really can't leave home like this. Unless they bring you in with a port-a-potty.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,231 Member
    Options
    Don’t mean to hijack your thread but I would say the vast majorities of supervisors KNOW when the employees are faking sick leave. Especially for one day of too sick to go in but AOK the next day.

As a former supervisor. IMHO
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    I know male colleagues round here can't handle it when a female colleague calls in sick with "women problems" LOL
  • covetthycarbs
    covetthycarbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Vaginal spasms
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Call me nuts but i only call in sick when i am and that rarely happens. You can always say you have a vision problem....you can't see yourself coming to work...~¿~
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Don’t mean to hijack your thread but I would say the vast majorities of supervisors KNOW when the employees are faking sick leave. Especially for one day of too sick to go in but AOK the next day.

As a former supervisor. IMHO

I believe this! I never call in sick unless I really am. I hate going in the next day and everyone asks. "How are you feeling?". I'm a horrible liar. I would make up other excuses though.

- pipe burst in my basement
    - waiting for repairman
    - taking a sick relative to the er
    - car wouldn't start

anything but sick.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Illnesses are rarely just one day. If you're gunna be ill in the middle of the week take the rest of the week off too. If you're off with anything to do with digestion just for one day then it's obvious you were bunking off.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I called work this morning and whispered, "Sorry boss, I can't come in today. I have a wee cough." He exclaimed, "You have a wee cough!?"
    I said, "Really?! Thanks boss, see you next week!"

:D:D:D
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I would never tell an untruth.

never.
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I called in sick to work today. I'm not sick at all. But I told boss man I'm throwing up. I know it's not a completely original excuse, but no one wants to work with a puker.

What are some better excuses I could use for next time?

As your supervisor, I hereby inform you that you're fired.