LiftHeavyThings27105 - starting Lyle McDonnald's Rapid Fat Loss diet (2018 AUG 01)

Okay, folks. Here is the thread. I will upload the pics once I have them. For those of you who can see my wall, I will link this thread in the post that I just made a few minutes ago. Okay....now off to get those starting physique pics (UGH!). Folks - fair warning: not gonna be pretty! Yet!!!!

Replies

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Okay....remember, I gave fair warning....pics are being uploaded NOW!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    #45yzceix2bev4.jpg
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Ha! Forgot to take my watch off.....too funny!
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 265 Member
    I’m looking forward to seeing your progresss. Who knows...I may eventually posts pictures of myself too! :)
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 272 Member
    I did this one a few years ago. Lost 5lb in 1week eating 8 oz of chicken 3 times per day. Good luck
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    I read McDonald's and was hoping for a super diet that meant fast food 😂
    Hope it goes well!!
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Can you post a brief description of the diet and workout routine?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited August 2018
    annaskiski wrote: »

Lots of protein (calculated to your stats), very little else, limited training

The period of time spent doing the diet before a recommended diet break depends on your stats, as does the frequency of refeeds
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Really? No heavy lifting? That's surprising...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Really? No heavy lifting? That's surprising...

I said limited, not light! I'm doing higher volume (8-10 reps), but as heavy as I can to leave 1-2 in the tank.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    @LiftHeavyThings27105 looking great ! Can't wait to see your progress :)
  • billkansas
    billkansas Posts: 267 Member
    LiftHeavyThings... best wishes. You and I are about the same size, weight, age, BF%, and have run similar powerlifting type workouts. You're way more outgoing... I'm keeping my photos to myself! :D

Most guys our age would kill for a bod like yours though. Get to it and let us know how it goes!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    edited August 2018
    billkansas wrote: »
    LiftHeavyThings... best wishes. You and I are about the same size, weight, age, BF%, and have run similar powerlifting type workouts. You're way more outgoing... I'm keeping my photos to myself! :D

Most guys our age would kill for a bod like yours though. Get to it and let us know how it goes!

Thank you, man! But I am fat and have little definition in my upper body. Lower body (and, no fears - not posting any pics of my *kitten*) is where things are pretty awesome - if I do say so myself. And, for those of you wondering - YES, Starbucks bathroom selfies! Hey, I am there all the time, so why not!

I am starting officially today. I am interested in seeing how the weight training is going to go. I mean, I totally get the "lower weight, higher reps" concept here. I don't thing that I would want to try (and I can not do this today....but three months ago or so I did this....) 365lbs deadlifts at any sets | reps....yet alone 5x5. And squats would kill me.

I was totally pumped about a program that I have in mind (written by yours truly - based on science) that I was going to do five times a week (a lot of upper body focus....really want to get the upper body back to something where I have a hard time keeping my shirt on....was not that long ago). But, gotta get this weight and fat gone. Goal is 191lbs.....but, I am more of a range kinda person so 188lbs - 194lbs would be a great range.

I *think* - as I have stated - that I will do this for two weeks, then eat at maintenance for one week (read: do my Keto stuff) and then do it again (same break down) and then likely do it one more time.

So, there is a "five hour" diet break once a week and there is a re-feed once a week. I am also doing training sessions only three times a week (which is gonna kill me). I will be SO TEMPTED to do way more. That has always been my problem....sticking to the plan. Shoot, when I did Strong Lifts 5x5 I modified that (did it four times a week instead of three times a week....and added way more dead lifts than prescribed).

And, it was really difficult for me - as silly as that sounds - to post pics. Five years ago....no problem. But yesterday and five years ago are vastly different. Gonna go get that "five years ago" body....you all are welcome to stick around for that journey!
  • LiftHeavyThings27105

It is a "Protein Sparing Modified Fast". So, essentially, I am eating a lot of protein. For me and my number of meals consumed a day, I will be getting 205g of Protein each day. The training sessions are more "full body" in nature and are in the "higher" rep range....now, keep in mind that I had been doing powerlifting for the last 18 months so everything there is 2 - 6 reps. This is a little higher....no idea how I am going to respond (with respect to training and the intensity that I will be able to maintain) because I have (clearly) feed the machine previously. LOL! Thus, the desire to do this "Rapid Fat Loss" diet.

And, I have consistently professed a propensity to investigate and to experiment. I am the type of person that loves to know the theory....but book smart is indeed B.S. (see how I did that?). I like to see how the book smart translates to real life. Not to get political, but there are a lot of really very smart people who subscribe to a particular political thought that consistently fails real-world implementation....no matter what "version" (think Venezuela as a recent example). So, book smart is all fine and dandy....does the s**t work in real life? Well, I am the guy that does it to see.....

I do Keto usually because of high A1C so I have a little bit of a drawback. Not an excuse, just one more hurdle....but all good. We all are different....everyone responds a little differently. Forget "Army of 1"....I am "Experiment of 1"! HA! Not dead yet from anything that I have tried.....yet!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    I like to think of RFL or PSMF as the "cat food diet"....lots of dry fish & chicken...lol.
    Try to keep your sanity about you (tough as hell)
  • aklrn
    aklrn Posts: 20 Member
    Well you look great and if it can help get you in a spot where you feel better, awesome!

It's pretty amazing what the body can do when treated as an experiment!