Sixers Spring Clean Challenge--Week 1

Options

Replies

• amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    TuderRose, of course you can join!! Tell us a little about yourself??

Rhiannon - I am okay. Things are a bit of a mess right now. I had a great mini vacation skiing but came home to find I was behind in my school work and my personal life is just kind of up in the air and a mess right now. I think part of me assumes that having someone by my side through the whole stress and grad school thing would make it easier so I seem to focus a lot on finding that person and that gets frustrating, adding more stress. So I've been a little blue lately, and Valentine's Day hasn't helped.

So basically, I NEED this challenge!! I agree Cathy, after the last challenge, I just want to get through this one and do better than last time. Here are my goals...
    - Obviously, get to 145....8 lbs. on this challenge, it will be a loss of 15 overall.
    - Water water everyday!!!
    - Get back to my workout routine!!
    - Try not to let personal issues get me down too much and to really focus on doing well in class.

Great to see everyone, Kristin, I'm a little jealous that your challenge is to GAIN weight!! HAHA!!!

Love you all and looking forward to the challenge!!!
    :heart:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thanks. About myself? Hmm, I'm a twenty year old English student (in my final year). Used to horse ride competitively and look after two horses, so could eat whatever the hell I pleased without gaining a pound. After I sold them (due to school work), I piled on some weight, then went on a diet and got a bit stupid with it (became anorexic/bulimic). After that, I piled on some more weight until, 3 years later, I weigh over 15 stone at just 5'4". I want to lose it healthily this time though! A lifestyle change, not a diet (or eating disorder).

So, besides the 199lbs target, I also aim to :
    -Have no more than 2 caffeine fixes a day (I'm a caffeine fiend).
    -Work out twice a week (I'm STILL lost for what to do now horse riding is off the cards).
    -Not give into to urges to comfort eat, however stressful things may get.
    -Be restrained through celebrations (a birthday meal for a friend, my mother's birthday meal, my own birthday meal and trip to London with my boyfriend, my housemate's birthday party (alcohol and snacks).
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    HI TudorRose!!!! What is your first name (if you are comfortable sharing)? Glad to have you join! I'm adding you to the list!!

Cathy
    SW 210.2 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 210.2 PROGRESS 0
    EM:
    SW 148.4 LBS/GW 142.0 LBS / CW 148.4 LBS PROGRESS 0.0 LBS
    Connie
    SW 258 lbs / GW 250 / CW 258 PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    AmyLou
    SW 153 lbs. / GW 145 lbs / CW 153 lbs. PROGRESS 0.0 lbs.
    Deb
    SW 204.8 lbs / GW 194 / CW 204.8 lbs. Progress 0.0
    Katie
    SW 172 lbs/ GW 165 lbs / CW 172 Progress +/- 0 lbs
    Kristin
    SW 159.5 lbs/ GW 163 lbs/ CW 159.5 Progress 0 lbs
    Rhiannon
    SW177.6lbs / GW 167lbs / CW 177.6lbs Progress 0 lbs
    TudorRose----SW 211 lbs/ GW 199 lbs/ CW 211 lbs Progress 0 lbs

AmyLou...Believe it or not, I'm not excited about "gaining" on these challenges...but all I think about is the little plum inside me right now which I am so excited to say graduated to a "fetus"!!!!!!

Rhiannon...I won't worry too much about what I gain...more about what I am doing. I know I'll be fine!

Well...off to have some lunch! I'll BBL!
  • kistinbee
    Options
    SO...I decided dinner...just add this after my afternoon snack of grapes...

Quaker Chewy Rainbow Chip - Granola Bar, 1 bar 130
    Total afternoon snacks 192

Dinner
    HomeMade - Crispy Parmesan Chicken Breasts, 1/6 of total 230
    Potatoes - Baked, flesh and skin, with salt, 1 potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia) 161
    Giant - Cut Green Beans Frozen, 1 cup 45
    Total dinner 436

PM snacks
    ???

Total: 1,720
    Your Daily Goal: 1,980
    Remaining: 260

SO...260 is plenty for me to have some sort of snack this evening. Just depends on whether I crave sweet or salty. But I think today is a good day!:drinker:

Hope you all have a good afternoon! I gotta get back to some work, but I'll BBL!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    Katie
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Lauryn
    SW 159 lbs/ GW 155 lbs/ CW 159 lbs Progress 0 lbs

21lbs to goal weight for me. Holy cow. I can do this.

I have lost my positive attitude as of recent. Someone stole my sunshine, but I found a little bit today while jogging. Then I found a little more afterwords when I stepped on the scale. I've been controlling the night time emotional binge eating, journalling my heart out instead. It's been helping. So I set the scale to read 160, my last weight from a week ago, expecting to have my heartbroken. To my surprise, I had to bump it back-- to 158.5!! YIPPEE SKIPPEE!

Speaking of the out of control emotions (marital separation), my husband (who is still in the house because he can't really afford a place on his own yet, but I can afford the house on my own, sheesh) has decided he's really sorry he took me for granted for all these years and wants to make amends. I'm not sure I have it in me. I'm afraid I might be too far gone and over it. I feel more journalling ahead!! Why can't life be just a little easier? Just a little more clear? :ohwell:

Tudor, your goal is totally possible. I started out at 205lbs myself. Soooo much happier now, almost 50lbs gone! I've done it extremely slowly... two years worth of slow, but the weight has STAYED OFF and I am so much healthier now and more energetic and feel younger! Welcome to the Sixers, you will love this group!

AmyLou, 8lbs? GET IT GIRL! Heck yeah, do it! You are awesome! (I am wimping out with my little 4lbs goal, haha.)

Kristin, I am so glad you are monitoring your weight. I gained 60lbs :noway: during my pregnancy, already at 185lbs when I started. Yup, you did that math correctly -- 245lbs when I gave birth. It was terrible. I wish I didn't have stupid Army doctors who didn't guide me well at all. I am so excited for you. I think pregnancy is fun!! :laugh: (I am totally serious.)

Rhiannon, no day like a bloated day to do an initial weigh in!! :wink: So glad you are finally feeling better.

Chipper, you seem to be healing really well. I am so glad! :flowerforyou:

Shanell, that reminded me that I need to measure. Haven't done so since Thanksgiving. Hope it turns out well! LOL

Deb, you are so right. Shorts and tanks are right around the corner, and then :indifferent: BIKINIS:indifferent: (not for me though :laugh: :sick: :laugh: :sick: :laugh: )

Connie, HI!!! So happy to see you returning!

RedSox, how goes the water today? (I am seriously so glad your av is no longer a Big Mac. That was killing me dude!!) :laugh:
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    Katie
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Katy
    SW 166.8lbs/GW 159.8/ CW 166.8lbs Progress 0lbs

Hey Ladies! Wow, my weekend really did me in, ha! Starting off this challenge at 166.8lbs! I put my goal as 159.8lbs..which is a total of 7lbs to lose..or about 1.2lbs/week....PLUS it would put me in the 150s by the end...barely in the 150s, but none the less!!! I think this is do-able for me, as long as I continue to work out good, and control my eating a little better!
    The last challenge I ended with losing 6lbs even, my goal was 8lbs, so I didnt meet it but I am happy at the progress I did make! Had I behaved myself this past weekend I would have hit it but oh well...! New challenge, new mindset :)

:heart: :flowerforyou:
    Glad to see most of you ladies back again :) You all are such a fantastic support system, I dont know what I would do without you!! I am just sorry that things get soo busy with me right now I barely have time to do the quick check in!! I am lurking and reading up when I get the chance though!

Off to the gym now.. :wink: Have a great evening ladies!!
    ~Katy
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    Katie
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Lauryn
    Katy
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    welcome tudorrose :drinker: this group is WONDERFUL....good luck to you.

katy...you do so well, have a good workout.
    lauryn...best of luck to you. i will keep you in my prayers.

everyone else have a great night. gotta go cook dinner....pop corn night with biggest loser.....dog loves tues. pop corn night. LOL.

later
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Mmmmmm...popcorn!:tongue: **drool** I think that will be my snack this evening!!:love::laugh:

Funny how I get these cravings! I never quite understood...now I do!:laugh:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hellooooooo Ladies!!!

Way too much to write at the moment, but I saw that I made it in time for the cahallenge!! So I'm in! I've been going to the gym every weekday morning for the last couple weeks.

Drama Drama...blah blah blah....like I said above too much to say....

My goal is a huge one! But I'm determined to make it happen!!
    I weigh about 190lb right now, and my goal by the end of March is to be 170lbs. Yep, that's 20 pounds. I have been drinking at least a gallon of water a day so that is on point.

Congrats Kristin! I'm soooo excited for you!! :flowerforyou:

I'll be on soon. :happy:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    hey ladies. i tried to read through all the posts... but i am too busy tonight to spend any quality time on MFP :grumble: BUT part of the 'busy' night is a new gym membership!!!! yeay!!!! :bigsmile: so i am off to do that and hopefully (since I set a low goal) I will exceed it and feel better about my lack of loss last challenge. anyways good to see everyone back!!! and welcome to any newbies!!! :bigsmile: water... hmmm 3 cup... plus 2+ at the gym and after... so i should be good for the day :smile:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    CASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm SO happy to see you here!! MWAH!
  • gonabfit
    gonabfit Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    Katie
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Lauryn
    Katy
    Tiff
    SW 153.4 lb/ GW 143.0/ CW153.4 Progress 0.0 lbs <
    ME :bigsmile: :blushing:

Hey Everyone! crunch time for exam sorry I will be m.i.a all week!!! But wil lcatch up on Friday! Sorry :-( Gotta do well on this test though! My goals will be 10 pounds. My start weight is 153.4 b/c TOM. >:{
    We will all catch up soon and get to know each other.. by the way my name is Tiffani :blushing: nice to meet you all!!!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tiffani- so glad to know your name! Good luck with your exams, you can do it!

Welcome newbies, so glad to have you!

Ok, so today, I only got in one serving of veggies and no fruits, gasp, how did I let that happen? I went over my calories by just a bit but did get to the Y and swam for 52 minutes and did a nice walk on the treadmill for 23 minutes. A friend asked the kids to come over to play, so I took advantage of the time. I also got to sit in the sauna and steam rooms for a bit, wonder how many calories that burns? :wink:

Got in plenty of water today. Did I tell you all about the FABULOUS new water bottle that hubby and kiddos got me for VDay? It is pink, ergonomic, and has a handy counter at the top to help you keep track of how many bottles you have drank in a day, the bottle holds 24 oz so 3 bottles and the minimum goal for the day is met. No housework at my own house today, yet. I did help my friend do the dishes after she provided me dinner. I am so excited for this new challenge guys! We are gonna rock it!

Good night guys!
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Add to that a goal of getting at least six hours sleep a night. I'm wolfishly hungry and I think that has to dow with still being awake. After all, if I'd got to bed when I should have, I wouuld be asleep and unknowing of said hunger. I'm incredibly tired, yet unwilling to sleep. (3am here.) :yawn:

Katie, the water bottle sounds great :) I'm incredibly jealous- sounds like you have a great family to be so considerate.

Thanks for all being so welcoming- and good luck :)
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am so ready for this challenge. I really need to get myself into gear! I have some important events to loose weight for!

Welcome to the newbies! Love to have new people on here!

Cass- So excited to see you are back sweetie! :smooched:

Ok. here are my goals....

Current weight is 202(:grumble: ). Goal weight will be 190. That is 12 pounds. Its alot but I MUST put the pressure on myself.
    I am making it my goal to log on and speak to you ladies DAILY! I really slacked with this last challenge.
    I drink plenty of water, sometimes too much(lots of bloating from it)
    I want to make it to the gym 5 times per week for 45 min per visit. This will be a super big challenge.

Now, keep in mind I see a surgeon on Thursday so this may be all out the door before I even know it. We will see when they want to yank this gall bladder out of me.

Good luck everyone!
    Amy:flowerforyou:

Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    Katie
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Lauryn
    Katy
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 202 lbs Progress 0.0 lbs
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    CASS!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! So happy to see you!! :bigsmile:
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Cathy
    EM:
    Connie
    AmyLou
    Deb
    Katie
    Kristin
    Rhiannon
    Lauryn
    Katy
    Amy
    SW 202 lbs/GW 190/CW 202 lbs Progress 0.0 lbs
    Shanell
    SW 210.5 lbs/GW 199/CW 210.5 lbs Progress 0.0 lbs

So I finally put in my wieght. I had kinda of a weird day yesterday and was only on the computer for like 10 minutes at home. I have struggleing with my oldest's temp. She has had a fever since Fri and we would be able to brake it, but it would jump back up withing hours. Took her to the doctors last night because it jumped back up and they just gave her some antibiotics to kill what ever it is attacking her system. Still don't know what's wrong. In fact she is acting the complete oppisite. She is normally shy and quiet and keeps to herself and lately she has been talking everyone's ears off and driving me nuts. Hopefully she'll get better today.

I still have to catch up with posts, but I saw Cassey is back! Welcome back girl!!!!:flowerforyou:

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hopefully I can do some catching up tonight. Later.
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I've been lurking, just not posting much. I had a miscarriage, and even though I didn't know I was pregnant (I am on a b.c. that I don't have periods anymore), it's really thrown me for a loop. I've become like another person, evil and hateful to everyone. I've quit caring about how I eat, exercise, look, heck, I think I went almost a week without showering.

Anyways, I know I need to pull myself out of this slump, so I'm starting to force myself to do some of the things I should be doing. You know... like showering... and caring for myself and my family...

I'll be back later with my weight and stuff...
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    good day guys....

bunny....i am so sorry. rest
    cass....glad to see you again. hope things are getting better.
    shanell...can't beleive she still has that fever.
    pdx.... yes, your goals will change. my surgeon released me on monday. said the air and swelling lasts 4-6 weeks. i have just getting my tummy down when this happened. so had been discouraged by the big tummy again. but, now knowing it still can be awhile. all i can do is plug along. i will get it back. not having the attacks anymore make it worth it. he also told me that my liver has to learn to function again. that foods are going to act differently now. some will cause problems, some won't. some that did won't, some that didn't will. like chinese it use to cause problems, ate it sunday and didn't bother me at all. (as in needing the bathroom). let us know what happens tomorrow.
    tiff...good luck on your exams...
    tuburrose....sleep is very important. it does affect your weight loss. sleep....:yawn:

DH has court today. cable company coming today. need to get workout done. eye itching and now swollen. i really need to get going.....

back later....