Protein Bar recommendation (no nuts)

2»

Replies

• tcrazyc
    tcrazyc Posts: 3 Member
    The best nut free one I found is Luna Lemonzest. It has roasted soy nuts but I don't think they count
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    tcrazyc wrote: »
    The best nut free one I found is Luna Lemonzest. It has roasted soy nuts but I don't think they count
    Yeah but it's manufactured in a facility that uses nuts, hence the "may contain peanuts and tree nuts" in their allergen statement.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Given that you're allergic to peanuts and tree nuts I second the suggestion of making your own. I suspect that the vast majority of nut-free protein bars are processed in facilities that process peanuts and tree nuts. Quest bars being a good example of this.

Quest bars directly contain nuts. Every single bar contains nuts...

As do ONE bars and basically all of these recommendations.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    One bars definitely! You can buy a sample pack on Amazon.. 😬
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    edited August 2018
    mg07030 wrote: »
    One bars definitely! You can buy a sample pack on Amazon.. 😬

LOL @pancakerunner and @Mexicangreensalsa right after...

I haven't personally tried them but I've heard avalanche and zego bars are good.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    aokoye wrote: »
    Given that you're allergic to peanuts and tree nuts I second the suggestion of making your own. I suspect that the vast majority of nut-free protein bars are processed in facilities that process peanuts and tree nuts. Quest bars being a good example of this.

Quest bars directly contain nuts. Every single bar contains nuts...

As do ONE bars and basically all of these recommendations.

Reasons why it would make sense for the OP to just make their own. It's not a difficult process either (I personally find it fun but I also like cooking).
  • divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    The Oh Yeah One key lime pie bar is my favorite!!