80 Pounds Lost In 21 Weeks

Options

Replies

• LindaBeez
    LindaBeez Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I am so impressed! You are looking GREAT!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    PaulChasinDreams Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    laurasurga wrote: »
    That’s commitment right there 💪🏼 well done! An amazing achievement🙌🏼

Thank you ❤
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    LindaBeez wrote: »
    Fantastic!!! I am so impressed! You are looking GREAT!

Thank you!! ❤
  • JennifrClaire
    JennifrClaire Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That's really amazing. Even if it had taken you twice as long, it would be a great achievement. A round of well deserved applause from here.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    That's really amazing. Even if it had taken you twice as long, it would be a great achievement. A round of well deserved applause from here.
    Thank you very much!! <3
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Great work and results the one thing people leave out is How tall are you? Its good to see a comparison in the changes. I am currently 5'10" and about 208lbs. I was going to the gym and doing weights, but as always I get side tracked and stop going. Good thing is have not gained any weight back. I have no excuses really and just turned 52. I would like to get down to 180lbs which is where I was when i got married in 1996. As my wife says find the guy i married. ;-)
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Great work and results the one thing people leave out is How tall are you? Its good to see a comparison in the changes. I am currently 5'10" and about 208lbs. I was going to the gym and doing weights, but as always I get side tracked and stop going. Good thing is have not gained any weight back. I have no excuses really and just turned 52. I would like to get down to 180lbs which is where I was when i got married in 1996. As my wife says find the guy i married. ;-)

Right on we have some things in common I see :) I'm 5'10 also. You sound like you have your goals set out and know how to get to where you want to be which is a huge part of it all staying focused and determined I have found at least with myself. I give myself smaller goals along the way with one main goal at the end. My doctor/dietician measured my frame size which is large and I do caliper body fat measurements along with Dexa scans for body fat composition testing. So for myself I do have a weight goal I use as a "basic" goal based on that, which is 174 lbs but I am more focused on body fat % to know when I will be at my healthiest in that way. Then my longer goals/plans are to continue with lean muscle building once my body fat is where I want it to be. My lower back injuries has side lined my muscle building for the time being. So far in this 6 months I have been successful with retaining my lean mass while losing the fat which was a big concern for me at the beginning but no longer is. I found what works well for me and I make sure I get in adequate protein every day in my diet. An interesting thing to note is that a few members of our group who have not kept up their protein levels have lost a noticeable amount more of lean mass along with their fat loss. Proving in our group anyway that those protein intake levels do make a big difference even if exercise isn't being done to build lean mass. Well I digressed a bit sorry but some questions spark other observations I make along the way that others may find interesting. :smile:
  • TheRedQueen1981
    TheRedQueen1981 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Well done to you!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You , Sir, Are amazing. Inspirational. Well Done!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    What a transformation! Well done to you!

Thank you! <3
    You , Sir, Are amazing. Inspirational. Well Done!

Thank you! <3
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    you did an amazing job- well done!
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    debtay123 wrote: »
    you did an amazing job- well done!

Thank you! <3
  • xesixb
    xesixb Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congratulations. What a great transformation. You're an inspiration. That's a tough diet to keep up since you're fasting for such long periods. Well done and keep up the good work.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been eating low carb combined with OMAD intermittent fasting.

I'm surprised your RDN went with intermittent fasting! I just started with my RDN, and she explained everything about the importance of 3 balanced meals a day and keeping your metabolism working. But, it obviously worked well for you, so it's true what they say about different things working for different people!

Congratulations, and good luck with your fitness goals!

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    At the top of a local hike today. 2.5 hrs hiking up stairs and rocks to an amazing view over our coast line. <3
    um7pawp8p30x.jpg

You look fantastic Paul. The view was absolutely worth all of your efforts. Thanks for sharing.

• PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    I have been eating low carb combined with OMAD intermittent fasting.

I'm surprised your RDN went with intermittent fasting! I just started with my RDN, and she explained everything about the importance of 3 balanced meals a day and keeping your metabolism working. But, it obviously worked well for you, so it's true what they say about different things working for different people!

Congratulations, and good luck with your fitness goals!
    Yes it's very very true that different things work for different folks and hormones play a huge part especially for insulin resistant people. Yes, having a doctor and dietician who support fat loss and health improvements is a blessing. There's a lot of them out there now actually who support this kind of fat loss but they aren't as easy to find as conventional ones who aren't up to date on newer hormonal research. And the ones that are that I have been in contact with are overwhelmed with how many people are coming to them for help. Especially obese people who are insulin resistant and pre diabetic or have type 2 diabetes. My best friend who is around 400 lbs has finally got on the program now too and has lost close to 20 lbs already and is feeling much much better. His health markers are all very dangerous right now so we are all hoping he chose to get healthy in time.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    edited August 2018
    Options
    At the top of a local hike today. 2.5 hrs hiking up stairs and rocks to an amazing view over our coast line. <3
    um7pawp8p30x.jpg

You look fantastic Paul. The view was absolutely worth all of your efforts. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you! <3 Ya the view was amazing! There's a little quaint town down on the water there where we went after with our daughters to have coffee and they had ice cream. Lot's of folks out paddle boarding, boating, and getting fresh air. Was a great day!

8irsvzyz7d8n.jpg

8s2naynph7yl.jpg

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    um7pawp8p30x.jpg

Thank you! <3 Ya the view was amazing! There's a little quaint town down on the water there where we went after with our daughters to have coffee and they had ice cream. Lot's of folks out paddle boarding, boating, and getting fresh air. Was a great day!

8irsvzyz7d8n.jpg

8s2naynph7yl.jpg

Memory banking 😊 It is picturesque. It's weird that I remember all my family outings to this day from as young as 3 and 4 even. I see a photo ... BooM... Memory lane ... Good, bad and funny moments trickle out. Lol.
  • PaulChasinDreams
    Options
    Memory banking 😊 It is picturesque. It's weird that I remember all my family outings to this day from as young as 3 and 4 even. I see a photo ... BooM... Memory lane ... Good, bad and funny moments trickle out. Lol.
    Lol I'm the same way! Photo's, smells, certain things just flash back right to childhood for me. :smile:

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!