Ketogenic Diet

So I lost 50 pounds originally just by doing CICO on here over a year and a half. I gained almost all of it back and I’m tying to figure out the best way to lose it quickly again.

I know people who have lost very quickly on th ketogenic diet and I was wondering what people’s experience with it was? Like I would obviously still be using CICO in congruence with it.

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    ErinSot wrote: »
    I hear all of you and I get why my OP was confusing/miscommunciated but like I said I lost the original 50 pounds over a year and a half and I did that with a 500 cal deficit a week, which I wouldn’t consider aggressive at all.

I believe the reason I gained it mostly back is due to the fact I stopped logging and life got in the way so I started eating poorly and not working out as often.

I know if I just stick to what I did last time I’d be able to do it, i was just wondering peoples experience with th keto diet.

The great thing is that you know what you have to do in order to get the results you want. Just that this time you know you can't get lazy once you reach your goals. You can give keto a try and see if that helps with your satiety as this can make it easier to adhere to a calorie deficit. I'd just make sure you do plenty of research first to help minimise potential side effects like keto flu.
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    ErinSot wrote: »
    I hear all of you and I get why my OP was confusing/miscommunciated but like I said I lost the original 50 pounds over a year and a half and I did that with a 500 cal deficit a week, which I wouldn’t consider aggressive at all.

I believe the reason I gained it mostly back is due to the fact I stopped logging and life got in the way so I started eating poorly and not working out as often.

I know if I just stick to what I did last time I’d be able to do it, i was just wondering peoples experience with th keto diet.

The great thing is that you know what you have to do in order to get the results you want. Just that this time you know you can't get lazy once you reach your goals. You can give keto a try and see if that helps with your satiety as this can make it easier to adhere to a calorie deficit. I'd just make sure you do plenty of research first to help minimise potential side effects like keto flu.

Very good info thanks!
  • eringrace95_
    rpmkarting wrote: »
    Ketogenic diet works. So does CICO. I lost 100 lbs in 6 months in 2011 without Keto. had a couple of injuries and stopped caring. Gained everything back over a period of 5 years. If you think about it, it is much easier to lose weight than gain. I have been Keto since April and have lost 60 lbs. I don’t feel miserable this time. Personally I feel you can lose weight with any diet. I am really liking the Keto lifestyle. I find it satiating, very easy to follow, I have no cravings for food like I had in 2011. Don’t go too high on fat if you try Keto. Probably 70% max will be fine if you are trying to lose fat. No more than 5% carbs. I only count actual carbs, not net carbs.

Good to know thanks!
  • eringrace95_
    leftsox wrote: »
    You cant do keto successfully without CICO. That's where many go wrong. You must follow the 5% 25% 75% rule where carbs are conserved in order to get the max benefit from keto. Keep in mind you will be cooking homemade dinners 90% if not 99% of the time..

As for fast weight loss, yes on keto the first week usually shows a huge drop..yes most of that is water. However once you are fat adapted you burn fat as energy not glucose. At this point your body will naturally stop craving carbs. Even if you still want carbs there are suit as ble alternative that dont spike your blood sugar....as in.lilys chocolate bars..net carbs are amazingly low for chocolate, they even make chocolate chips. You can bake your own bread..cakes muffins and candy (fat bombs) are all good ways to curb your carb habit but remain true to keto...please research, you can watch Dr Berg on you tube free..

Awesome info! Thanks