Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is there a way to pre-log a week or two of intended meals?

I know this sounds kind of odd, but there is reasoning behind the question. Since coming back to MFP in early May of this year, I have been diligent about the weighing on my food scale, and recording all food before eating. And have been successful as a result. My concern is on August 13th I am having surgery on my right elbow, and am very much right handed. I already know that I will have a cast from right above fingers to above elbow. Will be nice and straight no bend in it. For 12-14 days. Then off, and splints, and PT and so on.

I am making and bagging ahead of time as much as I can for meals, snacks and will have some assistance. As I am going to stay on track during all of this. But I really wondered can we pre-log a week or two in advance. I know that the logging of food and exercise have really kept me on course and do not want to lose track.

Replies

• MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    If you go to your diary, you can page ahead. I’ve never logged that far ahead, but I’ve pre-logged breakfasts before.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 300 Member
    Works on my laptop: Click on the calendar icon, pick your dates, and start logging.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Yes.... I do a couple of weeks at a time. I tend to eat the same meals a lot so just copy from one day to the next
  • maureenkhilde
    maureenkhilde Posts: 850 Member
    OK, thank you I appreciate it. I too have a tendency to eat same cycle of foods for 3 to 5 days in a row. It keeps me on track better. I will get this done this week. Thanks all for replying. One less thing to worry about.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I often prelog ahead of time by using the arrow to move ahead. One word of advice though if you haven't been made aware; when recovering from injury or surgery you really should be eating at maintenance as this will enable quicker and better healing.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    I love the "copy yesterday" or "copy from date" function because I basically eat the exact same thing every day up until dinner lol