Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    _1cb14c48-ef66-11e6-9744-939f10ba6c21.png
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    _1cb14c48-ef66-11e6-9744-939f10ba6c21.png

Even the people I know who do Crossfit often quote that saying.
  • seasideliving
    seasideliving Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Andy__Dane wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I’m going to go along and check it out and decide from there. I don’t think CrossFit is as much of a ‘thing’ here in the UK as what is is in the US so hopefully some of the bad traits of encouraging over training/ poor form which lead to higher levels of injury haven’t come across the pond with it. I did get a good vibe from their website which contained a lot of videos from people who go there. There Facebook page also has lots of good reviews.
    I’ll check back in with you all at the end of the week to let you know how I’ve got on! 🤞🤞🤞I’m still paying for my old gym so if all else fails I’ll go back to that and probably hire a personal trainer to help me learn good form on weightlifting and putting a programme together.

I'm in the UK (Norwich), most of our coaches are all BWL qualified coaches too. Outside of London, it's also a relatively cheap option, I pay £41 a month and train 5 times a week, makes it a bargain in my book.

It's £105 here in Worthing for unlimited (1 coached class a day) or £90 for 2 classes a week. Some are slightly cheaper but further to travel.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    To the Original Poster:

Did you go? What did you think?
  • Andy__Dane
    Andy__Dane Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Andy__Dane wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I’m going to go along and check it out and decide from there. I don’t think CrossFit is as much of a ‘thing’ here in the UK as what is is in the US so hopefully some of the bad traits of encouraging over training/ poor form which lead to higher levels of injury haven’t come across the pond with it. I did get a good vibe from their website which contained a lot of videos from people who go there. There Facebook page also has lots of good reviews.
    I’ll check back in with you all at the end of the week to let you know how I’ve got on! 🤞🤞🤞I’m still paying for my old gym so if all else fails I’ll go back to that and probably hire a personal trainer to help me learn good form on weightlifting and putting a programme together.

I'm in the UK (Norwich), most of our coaches are all BWL qualified coaches too. Outside of London, it's also a relatively cheap option, I pay £41 a month and train 5 times a week, makes it a bargain in my book.

It's £105 here in Worthing for unlimited (1 coached class a day) or £90 for 2 classes a week. Some are slightly cheaper but further to travel.

oof bit of a difference then!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I tried a crossfit class a couple of weeks ago. Most boxes will let you do a few classes for free to get the feel of it. I didn't go back, it just made me want to go back to my regular gym more. It wasn't for me. But, the coach was great. He gave me tips on form and was both cautious with me but also let me do the work they were doing in class at an appropriate level. Definitely a great coach.

Part of the reason I went was because there is so much hate for crossfit, I wanted to try it for myself. If it were more affordable AND they offered childcare, I'd be much more likely to give it a longer try. But it's expensive. Everyone who does it knows it. And for some reason, offering workable childcare is so far outside the realm of possibility for most boxes. Regular gyms seem to manage it just fine.
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I tried a crossfit class a couple of weeks ago. Most boxes will let you do a few classes for free to get the feel of it. I didn't go back, it just made me want to go back to my regular gym more. It wasn't for me. But, the coach was great. He gave me tips on form and was both cautious with me but also let me do the work they were doing in class at an appropriate level. Definitely a great coach.

Part of the reason I went was because there is so much hate for crossfit, I wanted to try it for myself. If it were more affordable AND they offered childcare, I'd be much more likely to give it a longer try. But it's expensive. Everyone who does it knows it. And for some reason, offering workable childcare is so far outside the realm of possibility for most boxes. Regular gyms seem to manage it just fine.

But I see people post their crossfit pics with their dogs hanging in there.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I love CrossFit too. It works the whole body and doesn’t eliminate one area in favour of another. The WODs are the same for everyone but you scale to your ability. The energy and support is fantastic. It gets you in good condition and you can go do what you want outside the box if looking for other activities