Post weight loss - tummy tuck/excess skin removal experiences?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    I had a friend who lost 140+ pounds, and has kept it off for several years. She had skin surgery. She said recovery was terrible but worth it. Research the providers that do this surgery. She had several drains. I personally want to wait until I lose all my weight to even think about it, so I can figure out all what i need done.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Excellent discussion!!!
  • vburgy
    vburgy Posts: 15 Member
    I have lost 95lbs. And the only extra skin issue I have is in my boobs. (TMI sorry!) So if you had/have huge boobs like I did than you may have some loose skin. But it can be fixed with a breast lift, if it doesn’t go away with exercise
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    I've lost 100 pounds as well and have terrible loose skin. I had a vertical tummy tuck with a small horizontal cut also, and had my arms done at the same time. I had no problems like the above poster did. I went back to work in 8 days and I'm a hairdresser. I'm having my thighs and bum done July 31. Last but not least I will go in January for my boobs. I love it. I love how flat my tummy is. I will definitely wear a bikini, the scar doesn't bother me and it's faded a lot. Looking forward to doing that next summer. I'm also happy to answer any questions. Feel free to message me as well.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery--you must be SO excited! :smiley:
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    I've lost 100 pounds as well and have terrible loose skin. I had a vertical tummy tuck with a small horizontal cut also, and had my arms done at the same time. I had no problems like the above poster did. I went back to work in 8 days and I'm a hairdresser. I'm having my thighs and bum done July 31. Last but not least I will go in January for my boobs. I love it. I love how flat my tummy is. I will definitely wear a bikini, the scar doesn't bother me and it's faded a lot. Looking forward to doing that next summer. I'm also happy to answer any questions. Feel free to message me as well.

Good luck on your upcoming surgery--you must be SO excited! :smiley:

Thank you Julie. I'm so excited, and scared. I have a feeling this one is going to be much more painful and more recovery than the other. That said, I have hated my thighs for 20 years! And my bum looks much like yours did before your surgery, probably worse. Lol... looking forward to seeing the results. I'm going to look like I'm out of a criminal minds episode, like I was stitched together. Haha
  • randielizabethwatts
    randielizabethwatts Posts: 51 Member
    Download the app real self. Has tons of before and after a, real experiences etc.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    @VUA21 Hoping for a speedy recovery and a nice outcome for you <3
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I watched, he was very thorough in his explanation.