fibromyalgia and trying to get fit

Options
Looking for people whom have fibromyaglia or something similar as they will know the pains of working out with this disease, the fatigue it can cause, etc. Trying to stay positive to get positive results! :smiley:

Replies

• Divyanshu91
    Divyanshu91 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fibro patient....but researched much about it cuz there was a time in my life where I was misdiagnosed with this terrible condition....turned out to be it was severe vit D defiency...it feels like fibro........but I do know about this condition a little....stay strong.... you'll get good results.....👍🏻
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi @tismeagain77 (& everyone else on here). Why don't you all join us on this Forum https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1937-fitness-with-fibromyalgia
    There are more than you think in the same boat. :)
  • tismeagain77
    tismeagain77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Our illnesses sure do not make it easy to get fit. I was an over achiever, had tons of energy, my house was spotless - like magazine cover spotless, could run around with my son, dance for hours on end, my energy was endless, now I feel like I have been hit by a truck, no real energy. I miss the old me.
  • MahiMahi81
    MahiMahi81 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I don't think the old us is ever coming back though. But, we can still make due with what cards we've been dealt. I've been doing thirty sit-ups every hour or so and I'm feeling beat but I can at least do that much before reaching exhaustion. And if next hour I can only do twenty, or even two, that's still more than zero.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    I have been surprised to find that exercise seems to help my fibro, but everyone is different. I haven't had as much pain (although hot humid weather and changes in weather set off a flare). All we can do is the best we can.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    Options
    Our illnesses sure do not make it easy to get fit. I was an over achiever, had tons of energy, my house was spotless - like magazine cover spotless, could run around with my son, dance for hours on end, my energy was endless, now I feel like I have been hit by a truck, no real energy. I miss the old me.
    Do you ever have one of those really good days when you aren't in any kind of pain and you have a bunch of energy like you used to? While it is great, and I run around getting all kinds of things done - it also reminds me how far I have fallen.
  • Hbestrn
    Hbestrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Elsie,
    Oh how I wish I could be pain free, even for a day. I miss those days. I haven't had a pain free or even mostly pain-free, energy-filled day in at least 6 years. I have a headache everyday but mostly tolerable. The chronic fatigue, fibro, arthritis, muscle spasms, neuropathy, and severe plantar fasciitis make it difficult to push through. Being on the keto diet has helped to clear a little of the brain fog and give me a better attitude/spirit/outlook.