Options

Replies

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    solorex wrote: »
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    A sprained ankle. Slipped on some wet pavement. The pain was so intense I thought for sure it was broken. Luckily it was just a sprain, but it swelled up to the size of a softball for a few days 😫

Some of those sprains are nasty! I had a doctor tell me once that they can be more painful and a lot harder to heal that just a clean break.

Yes my Dr told me the same thing! She said a clean break would have actually been easier to heal. Crazy!

Yep, I got the same speech. Twice as long, never as strong.

l-17837-neat-things-about-the-human-body.jpg
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    solorex wrote: »
    A sprained ankle. Slipped on some wet pavement. The pain was so intense I thought for sure it was broken. Luckily it was just a sprain, but it swelled up to the size of a softball for a few days 😫

Some of those sprains are nasty! I had a doctor tell me once that they can be more painful and a lot harder to heal that just a clean break.

Yes my Dr told me the same thing! She said a clean break would have actually been easier to heal. Crazy!

Yep, I got the same speech. Twice as long, never as strong.

l-17837-neat-things-about-the-human-body.jpg

This is so true! It caused me pain on & off for at least a year. It still bothers me on occasion, especially if I try to wear heels.
  • solorex
    solorex Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    I have 2 scars on the back of my head from being cracked open twice. I can only snap one on my own

"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory...lasts forever."
    Bonus points if you know where it's from. ;)

But in all seriousness, head injuries are no bueno.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 casts on me. One, I was about 4 years old, and fashioned a ladder from a too-short segment of a white picket fence. Standing at the top of the too-vertical position of the 'ladder', I over-balanced and the whole assemble went down I broke my left arm. The bone did not penetrate the skin. That was my worst. Later, in 9th grade football practice, I torqued a bone in my ankle enough to get a fracture. I missed the whole season with a cast on my leg.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    oh that reminds me.
    i've been sliced deep with a bread knife on my knuckles
    nose possibly broken trying to catch a fly ball. i squished it back, it crunched, no long lasting issues
    i was cut by a metal broom while breaking a pinata.
    we didn't know we were going to break our own so my partner and i made it extra hard. no one had a bat so we were using a broom with the bottom screwed off. i was blind folded. they handed me the sharp end. i hit that sucker and it vibrated all the way down my arm. a few more times and it broke. while picking up the candy, i saw red spots on the ground. scar from my pinky across my palm. can't feel in the area of the scar

also i have a habit of putting hot pans on the counter. counter not made for hot things. so i grab them. lost some feeling in my thumbs from regular burns
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    -broken nose
    -sublexed my shoulder twice
    (top two are swimming injuries)

-fractured my hand below the pinky inward (was painful/couldnt grab anything/drive) was my dominant hand too

I'm pretty stable and unharmed :)
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    Tore ligaments on both sides of my arch in my right foot when I was 17
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Broke my are 3 times, fractured my hand, sprained my ankle that gave me a limp for 6 weeks also.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Burned approximately half my body when I was young. Spent 3 weeks in a Burn Ward. Another month in the hospital. Almost blinded in my left eye. Doctors wanted to amputate my left arm, but my father wouldn't let them. I forget about the scars until some says "What did you do to your arm?"
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Wait. I did suffer a paper cut once.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Traumatic, hope you're okay.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    Machafin wrote: »
    shaf238 wrote: »
    Traumatic, hope you're okay.

I think I will be. With time.
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Fractured wrist from drinking too much beer...
    3 broken toes from running upstairs and tripping..
    ETA: sliced open palm by dropping a glass of beer...6 stitches

Those aren't really bad injuries...more like dumb injuries.
  • afence23
    afence23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Broke spine, pelvis, leg, and nose oh and hit my head in a car crash....had to be in a wheel chair all that summer.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Fractured my ankle playing tag fell in a pot hole
    Damn you Chicago roads
    Been popping since then
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    Broke my collarbone when my brother jumped on me.
    Broke my arm falling while trying to lift my brother.
    Broke my other arm while being pulled along downhill in a big wheel tied to the back of my brother's bike.

Notice a theme here?

Busted my chin open but can't blame that on him. :)

• AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Broke my other arm while being pulled along downhill in a big wheel tied to the back of my brother's bike.

Notice a theme here?

I bet if you tried really hard you could find a way to blame your brother for the chin
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I ran into the side of a running car when I was 6. My foot got caught up in the drive shaft and was torn all up. I spend a month in the hospital and had 3 skin grafts over the next 3 years because the first two grafts didn't heal properly. The last graft came from the side of my butt. So for years I will show people my "butt" by lifting up my pants and pulling down my sock.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,845 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Notice a theme here?

I bet if you tried really hard you could find a way to blame your brother for the chin

Well, I guess if he had been at the park with me when I made the bright decision to try and skip 4 of the monkey bars, he could've talked some sense into me. So it could be his fault for not being there?

(Though in all honesty, he probably would've told me to try for 5)
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    AliNouveau wrote: »

Notice a theme here?

Well, I guess if he had been at the park with me when I made the bright decision to try and skip 4 of the monkey bars, he could've talked some sense into me. So it could be his fault for not being there?

(Though in all honesty, he probably would've told me to try for 5)

Fotra love brothers. I blame him for one of my concussions. He fell on my head