Rice Cakes?

Replies

• RedPowder
    RedPowder Posts: 44 Member
    Ok guys so a quick update; I definitely need to eat more and figure out more healthier calorie rich meals for on the go.

xa9et9xu5yif.jpeg
    l5dw4t3hg5nf.png
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    If I were you I would just focus on getting the right amount of calories. Don't worry about carbs. You need to be eating way more. Usually the most filling meals for me that are low in calories consist of lean meat like chicken breast and a lot of vegetables.
  • RedPowder
    hesn92 wrote: »
    If I were you I would just focus on getting the right amount of calories. Don't worry about carbs. You need to be eating way more. Usually the most filling meals for me that are low in calories consist of lean meat like chicken breast and a lot of vegetables.

Oh I definitely will be eating more because I don’t want to get that thing what people talk about where it stores your fat? I’ve been doing my diet this way for about two weeks now and only recently started tracking it with this app.

I’m just so scared of eating more because I want nothing more than to start losing weight and start being healthier. I do understand not eating is doing the opposite and will make me not lose it and have health problems I just have to get over that hurdle or being able to get the balance or eating but not to much.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    You do realize that what you are doing is unhealthy.

Take a step back, weigh and log the diet that you use to eat and were happy eating for 2weeks. Then look at where you can make changes to bring your calories down while still being happy and eating at a deficit that is nutritious.

Over 75lbs to lose a deficit of 2 lbs a week. Less than 40 a deficit of 1lbs a week. Work towards meeting your macro goals eventually, and add in some fruit and veg for their micronutrient value if you can.

You have children be a good example of eating to fulfil your nutritious needs.

Cheers, h.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    @RedPowder have you read through the stickied threads in the subforums? You've gotten some great advice but it sounds like you may need a crash course in the basics. Here is a great thread to get you started:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Also, I just wanted to assure you that eating more than you've been eating will not make you gain weight, as long as you're logging accurately. It's normal for weight to fluctuate from day to day, so if you see a little jump on the scale one day, it doesn't mean you've gained fat from eating "too much" the day before. You are looking for a downward trend over time.

Good luck! :smiley:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

You should start a recipe thread & recreate his leaning tower of rice cakes :).
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Because this topic has popped back up, I used to eat cheddar cheese rice cakes and salsa... now a rice cake covered in guacamole. That with a glass of water or two will fill you up. Great snack.
  • alves_patricia
    alves_patricia Posts: 16 Member
    My favourite thing to do regarding rice cakes is: 7 popcorn rice cakes + 1 container of FF Philadelphia cream cheese. Awesome !
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    My favourite thing to do regarding rice cakes is: 7 popcorn rice cakes + 1 container of FF Philadelphia cream cheese. Awesome !

Also good with Laughing Cow cheese. I have Gouda right now.

OP, please heed the advice here and eat more. As long as you eat less calories than your body burns, and you have no health issues, you will lose weight. It’s a learning process. Best of luck!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    The past three days I've had a rice cake or two with 1.5 tablespoons of White Chocolate Wonderful peanut butter.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    @RedPowder

Plus just wanted to add this! Don't look at weight loss as a hundred yard dash, but rather a marathon. Sure it would be nice if we could all snap our fingers & the weight would just magically all melt off; unfortunately, that's not the case. Go into this process trying to lose weight as healthfully as possible (that's not to say you have to eat nothing but 'healthy food'), but you want to instill healthy habits into your daily regime that will last a lifetime.
  • alves_patricia
    alves_patricia Posts: 16 Member

Also good with Laughing Cow cheese. I have Gouda right now.

OP, please heed the advice here and eat more. As long as you eat less calories than your body burns, and you have no health issues, you will lose weight. It’s a learning process. Best of luck!

I like Laughing Cow too, but I'm just super hooked on cream cheese (and low fat ricotta) !
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    How much actual fruit & veggies are you eating? They are high volume, low calorie, and help keep stuff moving along.
  • RedPowder
    edited August 2018
    Just because the topics popped back up I’ll share my changes.

I’ve been eating rice Cakes with peanut butter and also been having them with my fish. Today for my Dinner I had them with my noodle soup which was pretty bodanging.

@Fire usually fruit and veg are a big part of my diet and something I count on to give me enough energy and nutrients throughout the day.

My diary’s open to friends to feel free to add me if you want to have a peak.

Edit: I forgot to add I found this Carmel rice cakes and omg they’re to die for they taste like popcorns Yummmmmmy
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    One of my favourite snacks is white cheddar rice cakes topped with pepper jack cheese :smile: so good!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    I like to put a little cheese over a rice came and heat it up. Crunchy with warm, melted cheese.
  • Candyspun
    Candyspun Posts: 370 Member
    I love them! Aldi has sour cream and onion flavoured ones that I eat on their own (great replacement for fatty chip cravings!), and the plain ones, I have with avocado or dip. I also love the ones from Aldi that are covered in dark chocolate on one side. I’ve been losing weight while enjoying all of these.
  • randielizabethwatts
    randielizabethwatts Posts: 51 Member

Omggggg just changed my food world 😍
  • kellyjellybellyjelly

You should start a recipe thread & recreate his leaning tower of rice cakes :).

Too easy :)

Have you seen his leaning tower of rice cakes? Some of them are pretty massive. Could be interesting to see the combos you come up with.