dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Didn't even know rice cakes were still a thing :D
    They were hot in the 80's and 90's.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    As a type 2 Diabetic, I can tell you Carbs are just sugar waiting to happen. But Rice cakes aren't terribly loaded with them compared to many grain/bread products.

I hope you know the GI on rice cakes are extremely high and the body metabolizes into glucose regardless.....in terms of being a diabetic.
  • katphi1618
    katphi1618 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I had to explain rice cakes to my teenager. lol However, in all seriousness, if you like it eat it, if not then don't. If there is something you like more, go for it.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    renku wrote: »
    As a type 2 Diabetic, I can tell you Carbs are just sugar waiting to happen. But Rice cakes aren't terribly loaded with them compared to many grain/bread products.

I hope you know the GI on rice cakes are extremely high and the body metabolizes into glucose regardless.....in terms of being a diabetic.

He doesn't appear to be eating them in isolation (from his description -- I haven't looked at his diary), so I don't think the glycemic index of the rice cakes on their own is all that important.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Who'da thunk it? 3 pages on rice cakes and no has posted the fish and rice cakes guy.......