What is your fitness or workout routine???

Options
Hey everyone! I was just curious to know what everyone's exercise routines were? It's always fun to know how everyone does their own routines!

Replies

• RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Get up early in the morning before work and run 4 days during the week w/a longer run completed on the weekend for a total of 5 days running and two rest days. :)
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    2-3 days a week lifting, full body focus every time.
    2 days a week I walk 5km
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 2 hours of walking daily. Not necessarily all at once; if I have errands to run, I'll do them on foot as opposed to taking transit. And I will sometimes go out of my way to pick stores that are further off. I live in a city blessed with numerous library branches, and books can be returned to the branch of choice (not necessarily the branch from which the book was signed out). I will sometimes go to a branch an hour away, just to shove a return in the slot. Or I'll walk down a street and see where it goes.

Currently, I'm training for a 5K. So, three days a week, I do walk-run intervals. Sometimes, I'll curtail the 2-hour walks, sometimes I'll keep doing them, depending on how much time I've got.

Strength-training happens in my basement, five days a week. I alternate between lower body and upper body/core days. I also have a fitness glider down there for days when the weather doesn't permit a walk.
  • garystrickland357
    garystrickland357 Posts: 598 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I run and bike on alternating days. I take a rest day each week. Normal bike rides are about 20 miles, runs about 3. I’ll do one longer run or bike ride (usually not both) on the weekend.
    I make sure to get 10,000 steps per day. I started using kettlebells this summer a couple if days each week.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    At the moment: 3 days full body lifting and 2+ days of running and/or elliptical as per my mood (helps with my depression) and usually pilates once or twice per week.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I'm currently training for a half, so running 3/4 x a week, cycling 2 x a week, strength training 2 x a week
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    On average I cycle about 100 miles a week and strength train 3 times a week.
    Currently training for a closed roads Century event.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Lift weights 4x/wk. On days I lift I aim for 8k steps. On days I don't, I aim for 10k. I've been cycling 2x/wk lately and that usually substitutes for some of the steps.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Ride bikes as much as I can.
    Run when I can't ride.
    Play some basketball on my lunch break.
    Think about lifting.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I usually do a cardio video in the morning before work, lift 2-3 days after work, run 2-3x per week. During the summer, I add in 30 min lap swim 2-3x weekly, lifting heavy gets kind of sporadic to none, walk instead of run...
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    My schedule changes so much with work so it varies but my goals are usually one hike per week (usually 5 miles or so), weight lift twice a week, and just try to stay active and get lots of steps in. On days I go to the gym for lifting weights, I also do some cardio.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Bike 3-4 days a week, run 3 days a week (typically on the same days I bike), physical therapy 1x a week, rowing 2 days a week, and I should be swimming at least once a week. I should also be strength training at least once a week.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Row (on water; it's summer) M-W-F-Sa, spin Tu-Th, ride my bike randomly, lift when I can talk myself into it (because I don't love it), which is sporadic.

Less volume in winter because the river gets all crunchy, so machine rowing a couple of times a week, a little indoor walking (outdoor when whether's not truly awful), a little swimming if I have to, more self-threats about lifting and slightly better compliance.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I do cardio daily - walking mostly, any where from 2 - 6 miles at different speeds and intensity depending on the day (brisk, moderate on active rest days, jogging intervals etc.)

Strength training 4 days a week with upper/lower splits with a variety of workouts such as using my bodyweight, weights, resistance bands, Pilates on my Reformer and TRX.

Sometimes I'll take classes such as barre, Body Pump and pole fitness as well.

I really enjoy my routine. I never get bored and I'm very pleased with my results/progress.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    This week was roughly 55K meters on the rower (around 70/30 mix of easy to hard) along with another hour or so on an Assault Bike along with heavy KB swings, pushups and military presses. This is more or less most weeks for me, though I've thought about incorporating 5X5 lifts soon. I'm obsessed with breaking 7 minutes on the 2K on the rower so most all my training is geared toward that -- no small feat for a guy in his mid-50s that isn't built for rowing. I'm relatively short, not too powerful and have shorter arms/legs - pretty much the "anti-rowing" body.