What is your favorite snack when you want to stay on track?

Options

Replies

• ShelbyLynnMFP
    ShelbyLynnMFP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love to snack at night, and crave both sweet and salty. I have a “Night Snack” in my recipe builder that includes a serving of semisweet chocolate chips, 2 cups of popcorn, and .25 cup of pomegranate seeds. It is under 200 calories and satisfying.
  • Leannep2201
    Leannep2201 Posts: 441 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    My fave snack is a hard boiled egg. Fills the gap between meals. I also snack on low-cal crackers and laughing cow cheese or a spread of avocado, raw veggies and hummus, fruit, Special K cereal bars, individual pottles of yoghurt, and have recently discovered dried nori snacks- perfect if I want something salty!

(Of course, I dont have all of the above in the same day!!! :p )
  • TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    veggies and homemade dip made from yogurt. cannot get enough of this.
  • davepollack
    davepollack Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Almonds or Peanut Butter. ~200 cal that fill me up.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    salt and vinegar rice cakes
    popcorn
    square of dark chocolate (Lindt is on offer at Tesco atm, and a bar lasts me for 10 snacks now)
    Pretzels

All these generally portioned out to 100cal snack bags :)

or
    20-40g cheese depending on cals left. I do love cheese.
  • Sladams07
    Sladams07 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I want something sweet I eat sugar free chocolate pudding and 2 tablespoons of redi whip. Tastes like dessert and under 100 calories. Grapes are yummy and easy too.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Pork rinds!!!! All flavors!
  • Debmomto5
    Debmomto5 Posts: 12 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Noosa salted Caramel Yogurt
    Monster trail mix
  • tracey19uk3470
    tracey19uk3470 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Popcorn, salt and vinegar rice cakes (33kcal), yoghurt, banana, pear, mixed fruit and nuts
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    just depends, it's something different each evening but I eat whatever I like as long as I have the calories left for the day. If I don't then I for sure eat grapes, bananas or apple slices to keep the calories low.
  • Blondienv
    Blondienv Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like Dannon light & fit greek yogurt, strawberry kind especially. Only 80 calories and 12g of protein. The Oikos triple zero greek also by Dannon I found disgusting and flavorless so YMMV.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cake with peanut butter or tomato basil rice cake plain

Where do you buy those flavored rice cakes?
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I don't snack anymore but when I did my favorite was a piece of turkey lunch meat, spread with light cream cheese, topped with shaved scallion (green onion), and rolled up. I would make them up on the weekend and store them in a Ziploc in the fridge. They were simple but for me they were super satisfying. I tried them with sun dried tomatoes once but they had a weird texture.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    GreenValli wrote: »
    Chocolate rice cake with peanut butter or tomato basil rice cake plain

Where do you buy those flavored rice cakes?

most grocery stores including walmart has them.
  • GreenValli
    Options
    Blondienv wrote: »
    I like Dannon light & fit greek yogurt, strawberry kind especially. Only 80 calories and 12g of protein. The Oikos triple zero greek also by Dannon I found disgusting and flavorless so YMMV.
    Yes, Blondie,
    I pack the Dannon light and fit Greek yogurts in my lunch almost every work day. So many good flavors, too. I just tried pumpkin pie, So good. I was surprised that that flavor is on the shelves already.
  • rhsdancer5
    rhsdancer5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 90 calorie desserts, grapes, cheese sticks, baked lays chips
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Watermelon, so much watermelon. Fills you up good and has extremely few calories. Of course, then you have to pee every 20 minutes ...
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    It's not the foods I eat that keep me on track, it's the foods I choose not to or quantities that don't fit my goals. I eat a lot of fruit, but I also eat fun size candy bars and/or pop tarts sometimes; it just has to be worth the trade-off to me.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and prunes is a staple for me. But when im on long bike rides then i prefer cliff bars. For my upcoming race im gonna pack a few oreos in my back pocket. Im kinda skeptical about oreos for quick energy, but Lance Armstrong said that was his favorite fuel so why not?
  • GreenValli
    Options
    So many good responses! Whenever I get bored I look over this thread and try something I have not been eating for snacks. Thank you, everyone!