Do you have a favorite way to prepare salmon?

Options
Retrolexie
Retrolexie Posts: 7 Member
If so please do tell ^.^

Replies

• mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    I like to drizzle mine with a little honey before I bake/grill it. Just about 5-6 grams of honey makes it just a little sweet without the calories.
  • Retrolexie
    Retrolexie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I will be using these! Thanks! Thy all sound super yummy!! ^.^
  • MiaisMIAinMiami
    MiaisMIAinMiami Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Drizzled with lemon and topped with dill 😋
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    cake filet with chili powder. roll it up and refrigerate overnight. grill skin down a few minutes until meat flakes with a fork. slide spatula between skin and meat to remove from grill. top with a squeeze of lime.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    wild salmon has 2/3 the calories of farmed salmon.
  • mariluny
    mariluny Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    My favorite way is:

In a pan sauté diced mushroom, bell peppers and tomatoes (Are or switch vegetable as you wish, but keep the tomatoes) until the veggies get a bit soft and start realeasing juices. Season with sal and pepper, dried herbs of you choice (oregano and basil is a favorite of mine).

Put salmon on foil and pour the veggie mixture on top. close th efoil to make a papillote around the salmon. 15-25 minutes at 425 in the oven. it's amazing!
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Baked with salsa (any kind) on top.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Raw / Seered / Baked with a variety of flavors from very simple to more robust. In other words, How I like my salmon is yes.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I'm boring. I like mine well seasoned and then seared hard on the skin side. The meat side only gets kissed by the heat.

Serve over rice pilaf with lemon or a lemon/caper/butter sauce. Some kind of veg sauteed in butter or bacon fat on the side.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,621 Member
    Options
    Raw in a poke bowl.
  • JasonDee1989
    JasonDee1989 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Season the filet. Coat the bottom of a glass baking dish with a tbsp of olive oil and some white wine. Place the filet in skin side down and dump some fresh chopped dill on her. Bake it. Bangin good.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    a good cut of salmon, with a solid yummy spice (there have beenna few) on the bbq
  • Nadspee
    Nadspee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper and paprika all over, then toss it skin side down in a hot pan with a little butter. Wait until the skin side is crispy, then flip and cook a little on the other side. Finish off with a little squirt of lemon on the plate! So good!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Wrap it in tinfoil on top of lemon slices and topped with salt and pepper then BBQ on 300 to 450 for 25 mins! No need for added oil because it cooks in the natural fats
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    All the above are great, as there is nothing better than salmon. for a different dish, I have been into the following:
    • Grate 1 tbsp fresh ginger
    • Mince 3 cloves garlic
    • Add 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
    • Add 1/4 cup soy sauce
    • 1 heaping TBSP of korean chili powder
    • 2 TBSP honey or to taste.

Marinate salmon for 15 minutes, pan sear halfway. Add marinade and reduce until it thickens, spoon over salmon while cooking. Remove salmon, serve with remaining sauce. Yum!!
  • brisadeldesierto
    brisadeldesierto Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cedar planked salmon! (or other type of wood as well). The downside of course is that you need the wooden plank, and a good quality one can be a little expensive (about 20 dollars), although they can definitely be used 4-5 times, depending on how well you treat them and if you enjoy the stroger smoky flavor.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Another vote for just cooked in a pan, skin side down til crispy and a quick cook on the flesh sides. Sprinkled with salt.... Yummmm