SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Already I Agree potatoes. Greatest thing on earth
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Fruit.

Close second is milk.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Probably apples. I eat a lot of different kinds of fruit, but when I run out of apples, I go shopping. I currently have Envy and Gala. Also most things I cook have onions or garlic or both.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    Cheese
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I have to vote for hard boiled egg.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    I really love oatmeal. I like it a certain way though, not the flavored packets. I remember the last time I almost had to skip eating oatmeal. I went and got some at McDonald’s (wasn’t quite how I’d make it, but it was oatmeal). My love of oatmeal is maybe a little extreme haha
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    I really love oatmeal. I like it a certain way though, not the flavored packets. I remember the last time I almost had to skip eating oatmeal. I went and got some at McDonald’s (wasn’t quite how I’d make it, but it was oatmeal). My love of oatmeal is maybe a little extreme haha

What about cream of wheat😋
  • DeniseMayree
    DeniseMayree Posts: 133 Member
    Beef!!!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I honestly don't think there is one. I have tried and tried to think what my "staples" are, and not really come to a conclusion - this made me confused for a while, until I realised I'm also actively encouraging myself to be flexible and adventurous, so I can enjoy almost all foods and thrive on virtually any (balanced) diet.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I honestly don't think there is one. I have tried and tried to think what my "staples" are, and not really come to a conclusion - this made me confused for a while, until I realised I'm also actively encouraging myself to be flexible and adventurous, so I can enjoy almost all foods and thrive on virtually any (balanced) diet.

I've been trying to think of one and I'm struggling too.

The past two weeks I've survived without dairy, grains/legumes/beans, most fats, sweets and had limited varieties of vegies and no fruit. I'm still alive! This week my meal plan is completely different and includes most of those things, but has no eggs.... I love eggs! Still not going to die :)
  • alexastoutxo
    alexastoutxo Posts: 139 Member
    Oatmeal. Have had it for my first meal for months/years and not sick of it whatsoever. Love it ;)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member

I've been trying to think of one and I'm struggling too.

The past two weeks I've survived without dairy, grains/legumes/beans, most fats, sweets and had limited varieties of vegies and no fruit. I'm still alive! This week my meal plan is completely different and includes most of those things, but has no eggs.... I love eggs! Still not going to die :)
    Hah! To derail this thread further :D It's only been a couple of days since I realised that the adage "eggs are healthy and cheap, eat more eggs" is good advice, if, but only if, your diet lacks the nutrients that can be found in eggs. I have tried to incorporate more eggs, for years, and struggled. But my diet is almost perfect as it is, so eating more eggs would either take a lot of planning, or potentially distroy my diet. Yesterday I realised that "fruit cocktail" isn't made with strange spooky things I was afraid of as a child, its main ingredients are peach and pear. Getting older means that any new insight gets more and more glaringly obvious :s
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited August 2018
    Tomatoes. It's safe to say that other than days where I was completely abstaining from food I've eaten at least one tomato (often much more) a day for the past 30+ years of my life.

I also eat bread at least 95% of my days.
  • DoubleUbea
    DoubleUbea Posts: 1,115 Member
    Does cranberry juice count as a food? I can't remember a day when I didn't have a glass in the morning. Ice tea for the rest of the day.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Yogurt and/or cottage cheese.
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Water
  • notafatmommy
    notafatmommy Posts: 29 Member
    Coffee and water! I have food that I love and eat often, but nothing that is a must have.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Hot tea with half and half is literally my new comfort food. I also tried to think of a food I couldn’t live without but since I enjoy what I eat it was too hard to isolate one thing. I really don’t think I could live without my tea. lol
  • Mommin75Hard
    Mommin75Hard Posts: 18 Member
    Chocolate. Not a day goes by that I don’t consume a piece or five of chocolate.