Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    iowalinda wrote: »
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I bulk my oatmeal with wheat bran every morning!!! It adds fibre and makes it way bigger. Also can add egg whites and protein powder and stick it in the microwave to watch it grow. Others have added zucchini for bulk too!!

I also do the microwave trick. You microwave in huge bowl with lots of extra water for like 5 min then cool then 3 min and it puffs up like 10x the size. I’ll have to take a pic next time. 100 cal packs end up huge.

What makes it increase in size so much? Is it the wheat bran, the egg whites, the protein powder or what? Also, how much do you add?

I personally add 10 grams of wheat bran!! And 25 grams of protein powder, 5 grams chia seeds and 10 grams of flax seeds (not necessary, but I am increasing calories)
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    moogie_fit wrote: »
    I bulk my oatmeal with wheat bran every morning!!! It adds fibre and makes it way bigger. Also can add egg whites and protein powder and stick it in the microwave to watch it grow. Others have added zucchini for bulk too!!

please, could you post pictures and recipe for the oats? thanks!

Here's my recipe for oats:

1 pkg instant oatmeal microwave for 2 min at 50 percent heat (level 5 out of 10 on my microwave) with 1.5 cups of water, then I add dry ingredients of 25 g protein powder, 10 grams of wheat bran, and 5 grams chia seeds and 10 grams flax seeds. Mix together and it will thicken, and add a lot of cinnamon on top!!bjuciyjslj4j.jpg
  • samuelgina91
    samuelgina91 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love volume eating.

Dinner last night was a green salad with tomatoes on top seasoned with salt and pepper, chipotle mango seasoning, no dressing (1/3 of my plate), a rice paper wrap filled with greens and a third of a can of tuna mixed with a little sesame oil, mayo, and siracha plus salt and pepper and some finely diced onion, carrot, green onion strips with some cucumber rounds and zucchini rounds (1/3rd of my plate) my play on a spicy tuna roll and finally a side of macaroni salad with chopped veggies (carrots/onions/etc) and a boiled egg mixed in with minimal mayo.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I stalk this thread a lot. I would like to suggest a new name. Maybe not volume eaters thread,but: The way we should eat with occasional highly dense food and we might not have an obesity epidemic in America thread? Any thoughts?

Could that be anymore wordy?

Said in Joey Tribbiani voice
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Didn’t get pix, but tonight was a HUGE sweet potato baked, with rice & bean with a kale pesto mixed in. Super filling. For dessert, I just tossed frozen strawberries in the food processor with a 1/4 scoop vanilla pea protein and dash almond milk. Delish! Good base for one or 2 little wines.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Pretty decent volume for the macros oe6yfov8s2cm.jpeg
    t7codwhdu2vm.jpeg
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Pretty decent volume for the macros

Holy crap - nice protein/calorie! I had some amazon gift card money sitting around - just ordered an 8 pack to try.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    I eat a pound or two of veggies and pickles for lunch so that I can eat like this for dinner once and awhile.abjgvignfcse.jpg

How does one even eat that LOL?

Maybe this guy?

steven-tyler-mouth-open.jpg?quality=95
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    I took a chance on buying a ninja blender today and was amazed at how absolutely incredible my fluff turned out (with ONE appliance only)!! It came with a food processor attachment so I can make my cauliflower rice without grating it by hand and a really nice spiralizer attachment too. Total game changer! Huge thanks to all of the fluff and blender coaches on this thread!

I just bought a food processor at Walmart the Hamilton Beach Stack & Snap

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Stack-Snap-12-Cup-Food-Processor-Model-70725/38813707

I made protein ice cream/fluff (I didn't have any ice haha), but it still turned out extremely creamy without a lot of fluffiness.

Will have to buy a few bags of ice the next time I'm at the store.

The only thing I hate about making protein ice cream/fluff is the way that the xanthan gum gets caked onto the food processor/blender.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I just had a 1.5 pound salad and I am still hungry.

That’s why I make 5-6lb salads....and I’m not joking...I’ll show the scale....

Why in the world would you do this????
    Also, dont believe it unless you load if with heavy items.

Because I have the freedom to do so and have an insane appetite? You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want, I don’t have a prob with anyone believing me or not believing me. I weigh everything out for the sake of tracking if you’d really like me to be specific....

Seriously now... when you have that 5-6lbs salad, please post whats in it and a photo. I just dont see anyone eating that much, by weight, of a salad in one sitting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kc3Iu7sZvI

He makes a pretty big salad.

I know I've made some massive salads when I put a frozen meal on top.

@pinggolfer96 will have to look into the various sugar free/low calorie sno cone mixes!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Because I have the freedom to do so and have an insane appetite? You don’t have to believe it if you don’t want, I don’t have a prob with anyone believing me or not believing me. I weigh everything out for the sake of tracking if you’d really like me to be specific....

Seriously now... when you have that 5-6lbs salad, please post whats in it and a photo. I just dont see anyone eating that much, by weight, of a salad in one sitting.

@pinggolfer96 will have to look into the various sugar free/low calorie sno cone mixes!

That looks so much like exactly how I make my massive salads. Hot sauce mustard seasoning cooked zucchini broccoli green peppers just like that. I can’t quite eat that much though probably half. But I am tiny compared to him so I see how it’s doable now. I forget I’m not the size of a grown man.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options

That looks so much like exactly how I make my massive salads. Hot sauce mustard seasoning cooked zucchini broccoli green peppers just like that. I can’t quite eat that much though probably half. But I am tiny compared to him so I see how it’s doable now. I forget I’m not the size of a grown man.

Yeah my appetite is ridiculous. After I finish filming this month, I’m going to broken yolk to do the Ironman omelette challenge (which I honestly think will be a breeze lol)
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I took a chance on buying a ninja blender today and was amazed at how absolutely incredible my fluff turned out (with ONE appliance only)!! It came with a food processor attachment so I can make my cauliflower rice without grating it by hand and a really nice spiralizer attachment too. Total game changer! Huge thanks to all of the fluff and blender coaches on this thread!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hamilton-Beach-Stack-Snap-12-Cup-Food-Processor-Model-70725/38813707

I made protein ice cream/fluff (I didn't have any ice haha), but it still turned out extremely creamy without a lot of fluffiness.

The only thing I hate about making protein ice cream/fluff is the way that the xanthan gum gets caked onto the food processor/blender.

Congrats on the new blender! I've been using mine once or twice every day since I got it a few weeks ago. I don't always use xanthan gum in my fluff. I've found that my blender whips up most of my protein powders so well that it's not even necessary. I always keep two full ice cube trays in my feeezer and I'm set for fluff or slushes or whatever I feel like. Nothing ever takes more than one full tray. The trays don't take up much freezer space.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

My issue is the the gum getting into the plastic part that holds the blades from the bottom. I now use chopstick to scrape it out. Easy.

On a side note, I made this couple of time in my Vitamix and for anyone who cares you need to add much more liquid to the mix and the Vitamix melts the ice too quick so you have to place it in the freezer as you clean up to set a bit more. For volume, its almost the same as food processor.

I've gotten 'past' the gum sticking situation by blending the mixture first (with no gum) then adding the gum to a small portion of the mix and adding it back into the machine to continue mixing.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Today I bought the nooch you guys are always raving about at Giant. Will try it on some shirataki noodles for lunch.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    wait so im hearing you guys say make protein fluff in a food processor? I thought the fluffing came from the beaters does a food processor work the same?
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    wait so im hearing you guys say make protein fluff in a food processor? I thought the fluffing came from the beaters does a food processor work the same?

I haven't been able to get it to work, even with the 1200 watt blender I just bought. I don't think it aerates it enough, and it warms up my ice too much. I have to blend it until ice is nearly dissolved (but still ice cold) and then whip it in my kitchen aid. I also have not been using xanthan gum, but my protein powder already has it in it. :grey_question:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »

My issue is the the gum getting into the plastic part that holds the blades from the bottom. I now use chopstick to scrape it out. Easy.

On a side note, I made this couple of time in my Vitamix and for anyone who cares you need to add much more liquid to the mix and the Vitamix melts the ice too quick so you have to place it in the freezer as you clean up to set a bit more. For volume, its almost the same as food processor.

I've gotten 'past' the gum sticking situation by blending the mixture first (with no gum) then adding the gum to a small portion of the mix and adding it back into the machine to continue mixing.

This is what I do too!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    That giant salad looks soo good!!
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    tried with my food processor...*kitten* did it ever work. awesome :D 2 overflowing cereal bowls of thick dense fluff for 150 cals and only one mchine :D