What keeps you going during exercise?

Options
I was just thinking in my bootcamp gym class today how competitive I am:devil: ,like most things in life, my motivation and dediation gets me a long way:glasses: . My main thing that keeps me going is that im soooo competitive:laugh: ...

What keeps you going when you feel your unable to push yourself that litte bit further then out of the blue you surprise yourself with carrying on:smile: ...

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm currently doing Turbo Fire and the music keeps me going... and Chalene yelling "you're not tired!" and "you know what? You just got your second wind." She's usually telling the truth and reminding me that it's all mental.
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    You know, I'm not sure. The other day I jumped on the treadmill and was only going to do a minimal amount of work, but ended up doing 25 minutes of very tough high intensity intervals. I think I could keep going because I go as fast as possible for about 1 minute; then I walk uphill for a minute and a half to recover; then I run at a reasonable pace; and I keep mixing it up like that.
  • tasman11
    tasman11 Posts: 79
    Options
    Offcourse the view of stunning girls working like mad in the Gym.To show our manhood we push ourselves to the limit. So the simple answer is Beautiful slim girls are my inspiration in a gym haha.
  • jarrettd
    jarrettd Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I keep going because I'm a bit of a rebel. There are those I love who think this is all a temporary obsession for me, and expect me to give it up as soon as it gets "too hard". When I want to quit, when it's too darned early, or I'm just too tired, or my hip hurts, or I'm really not feeling it...I think of how smug they would be if they could say "I told you so". So I dig in, hunker down, and REFUSE to give them that opportunity!
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    The pain. The music. The thought of progressive overload.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I am the same way as the OP, totally competitive to the point of being pissed off when I lose, but I handle it gracefully ;)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Zombies.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Lately, when I workout, I have been telling myself to not be lazy and that I know I can push harder. It seems to work!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    If not done, then keep going until done.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    if i can still speak i'm not working hard enough. Keeping this in mind, keeps me going!
  • sh0ck
    sh0ck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Zombies.

Totally agree.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    Breaking records usually keeps me going. If I know I did a 15 minute mile last week, I'll push for 14:30 this week. Then next week it will be a 14. That & Britney Spears' new album are what keep me from hopping off the treadmill.
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    Whoops. Posted twice :)
  • NRBLANCHARD27
    NRBLANCHARD27 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thinking about being thin and healthy and fitting into the clothes I WANT to wear not that i HAVE to wear because that is all that fits.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't really think my when I'm exercising. I like 'listening' to my body, experiencing how it feels while being put to the test...that it's getting stronger with each and every workout. It's my 'relaxation' time really...when I don't have to think about a thing.
  • LeslieMartina
    LeslieMartina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    - great music
    - topping my personal records
    - not being the fat girl who can't finish (been there and don't want to go back)
    - I think about the next few minutes instead of the end. It's easier for me to tell myself to just get through the next 5 minutes 6 times in a row than to tell myself to get through the next 30 minutes.
  • lpeacock06
    lpeacock06 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    if i can still speak i'm not working hard enough. Keeping this in mind, keeps me going!

this is me....there are a couple of ppl in our boot camp that chat while they're working out....IMO you're not working out hard enough if you can talk!!!!
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I set goals to better myself each week so I use that to keep me going. I'm pretty self motivated and I hate failing to achieve a goal. The only thing I hate more is admitting to others that I missed a goal so posting my goals public ally keeps me going too.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    the image i keep in the back of the mind of the body i want to have...it really gets me going!
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    During Zumba I try to be in the very front or close to it at the gym. My reasoning is this...It's a lot easier to stop when you're in the back, in the front it's a little embarrassing so it pushes me to keep going.