New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Is the Cold Stone Creamery Birthday Cake cereal worth purchasing?

I didn't try it and haven't seen anyone try it on here yet, but I think junk banter said it wasn't that great. I really recommend the strawberry blonde one, that was delicious!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Where are all the enlightned?5o1omxudqjnf.jpg

Either people are really picking up on it or there's an issue with the distributor.

There 2 for 6 like every other week I never seen the entire section out
  • vnb_208
    Options
    e2od3z3pmubi.jpg

First time trying these 160 for the package and nice and sweet
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Noosa-Maple-Yoghurt.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1

New Noosa flavor.

Charms-Fluffy-Stuff-Birthday-Cake-Cotton-Candy.jpg?resize=362%2C600&ssl=1

Found at Dollar Tree
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Oui-Petites-Chocolate.jpg?itok=XAGAfusN

Yeah... chocolate and yogurt just doesn't work. Meh. I'll stick to the regular flavors.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    jgiokwiz26e7.jpeg
    I’m not a huge cereal eater but the nutter butter was pretty solid, I liked it. But as for peanut butter flavor it was the same as Reese’s Puffs minus the chocolate so for that reason it’s not something I would choose again when I can just buy Reese’s Puffs... the chocolate rounds it out, after all!

Strawberry blonde I vote !!!! That one is amazing. You already tried the nutter butter. But for some reason it looks and tastes even better than when it first came out LOL. But really it is amazing especially if you like pb so if you forgot how good they are it’s between that and strawberry blonde.

LOL oh my goodness, I can’t ever keep track of what I tried and didn’t try!!!! I wasn’t crazy enough about it to get it again, but I never got any chunks of peanut butter like you did — maybe they all sank to the bottom on my and my brother got them or maybe they did change the recipe!!! I’ll be looking for that strawberry blonde cereal though!

I tried the Flapjacked pb&j mighty muffin tonight as a dessert because I was too impatient to wait for Sunday breakfast. Not nearly as good as I remember their muffins! Tons of mix ins, but the flavor was lacking. Not sweet at all and the pea protein gave it a funky taste I don’t remember noticing before? I could finish it but it’s certainly not worth 230 calories, I could’ve had Halo top for a little more than that and been way happier >.<
    9fung1fzk75c.jpeg
    49l5h8st0lb3.jpeg

I tried the Banana Caramel today. After reading your post, I topped it with a little maple syrup, which made a huge difference. I definitely agree that it needed a sweetness boost! I thought that the texture was nice. I’m not sure if I’d buy it again.
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    5md8b7rxe77e.png Interesting

I saw those online and they look interesting. Let us know if you try them!

Tried all the products this company offers at Expo in March. Really nothing special about it. And loaded with additives. Really funky aftertaste as well.

Thanks for the info. They definitely don’t sound like something I’d go out of my way to try!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    FYI Yasso pints 50% off
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yeah... chocolate and yogurt just doesn't work. Meh. I'll stick to the regular flavors.

I found these at my 99 cent store,I hate chocolate yougurt :s
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »

I found these at my 99 cent store,I hate chocolate yougurt :s

I'm in the same boat. It would be different if it was like an actual chocolate ganache with a whipped yogurt.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I picked up these today.... Yet to try them, but I love the salty + sweet combo, and have had chocolate covered chips before so figure the choc bars will be similar :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Little-Debbie-Birthday-Cakes.jpg?resize=599%2C325&ssl=1

Bought this at Walmart finally since I've been wanting to try this for awhile. For a generic kind of baked good it's not bad & definitely has notes of yellow birthday cake. Would I buy this again? Probably not.

Looked for the new Arctic Zero pints & didn't even see any Arctic Zero (this Walmart in general took forever to even get the newer Halo Top pints). Have any of you found the limited edition jelly/peanut butter kind of pint at Walmart?

At Giant I bought the Nooch stuff everyone is always talking about on the Volume Eaters thread.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

Bought this at Walmart finally since I've been wanting to try this for awhile. For a generic kind of baked good it's not bad & definitely has notes of yellow birthday cake. Would I buy this again? Probably not.

Looked for the new Arctic Zero pints & didn't even see any Arctic Zero (this Walmart in general took forever to even get the newer Halo Top pints). Have any of you found the limited edition jelly/peanut butter kind of pint at Walmart?

At Giant I bought the Nooch stuff everyone is always talking about on the Volume Eaters thread.

What nooch stuff o:?

Also, has anyone tried Krispy Kreme’s new outrageous doughnut yet? It’s gotten awesome reviews, I wish there was one close to my house!!!
  • vnb_208
    Options

Also, has anyone tried Krispy Kreme’s new outrageous doughnut yet? It’s gotten awesome reviews, I wish there was one close to my house!!!

NOOCH is a nutritional yeast sold in stores but idk what it does and why people use it lol
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

NOOCH is a nutritional yeast sold in stores but idk what it does and why people use it lol

It has a rich, savory, kinda "cheesy" flavor that some people like. You can use it to make sauces, mix it into soups or into mashed potatoes, or put it on top of things like popcorn or pasta. It is rich in B vitamins and a pretty good source of fiber and protein.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    tbbugjkapcbj.jpg
    I haven't seen this Valsoia brand before, but they've got several different non-dairy gelato flavors out and I decided to try cappuccino made with cashew milk. The calories aren't too bad - 130 calories for 2/3 cup/70 gram serving, and 390 for the container (it's not a full pint and only has 3 servings).
    hg9na5ngwc1q.jpg
    I like the taste of it, and you can't really taste the cashew milk in this flavor, mainly the cappuccino. In terms of texture, it's very aerated as you can tell by 2/3 cup only being 70 grams. Very light feel and it seems more like a cool whip texture than a gelato texture.

9quzdftk2aog.jpg
    72xozg312c6l.jpg
    Graeter's dark chocolate brownie is relatively new. It has a good chocolate base, but I wasn't that impressed with the brownie pieces. I much prefer their flavors that have chocolate chips in them.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    Options

It's used a lot among vegans, because of the B vitamins. I think it was actually designed as a supplement for vegans? I use it (vegetarian here) on vegetables and pasta.
  • Scubagirl713
    Scubagirl713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    84njwchlx6a0.jpeg
    lmi8471bu41u.jpeg
    53kvxp16wsao.jpeg
    @pancakerunner thanks for letting us know won’t be buying lol

I know others posted and these aren’t new but I don’t think I posted how much I love the butter cereal. Look at that huge chunk of nutter butter goodness. 10/10 just delicious. I loveee when cereal has powdery flavoring. Probably the best peanut butter cereal I’ve had.

I DIDN'T KNOW IT HAD THE NUTTER BUTTER FILLING INSIDE IT. Ok, my cereal closet is getting crammed, I need you guys to choose which one is worth getting the most out of these:
    Cold Stone Creamery Our Strawberry Blonde Cereal, Peanut Butter Cocoa Pebbles, or this Nutter Butter cereal... I LOVE peanut butter...
    Speaking of coffee... :o

cb5lfk699iu0.jpg

I was on their Kickstarter and got 4 dozen for under $1 each. Figured that would last a while. WRONG. These are sooo good. Especially the mocha!

Uh oh... I'm in big trouble! How many calories/caffeine are in each one, do you know?

I didn't see the mocha on their website, may have been just for the kickstarter, but from their FAQ:
    "FORTO contains 0 to 7 grams of organic cane sugar per bottle depending on the flavor, with some of the sugar occurring naturally within the organic whole milk. The calorie count ranges from 0 to 35 calories per bottle."

and

"We have 100mg flavors equal to 1 full cup of coffee and 200mg flavors equal to 2 full cups of coffee."

So a little high in sugars- I imagine the high side is for the Hershey's flavor, but the taste is so amazing, and one serious caffeine kick if you ask me:

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

It's used a lot among vegans, because of the B vitamins. I think it was actually designed as a supplement for vegans? I use it (vegetarian here) on vegetables and pasta.

I believe it was designed to help people get sufficient B vitamins, as this used to be more of a problem in some areas before food fortification became more widespread (things like beriberi and pellagra are both caused by these deficiencies). B vitamins are found in high quantity in meat, so during things like poverty and war/unrest could be a real issue in getting enough B vitamins before flour was regularly enriched. Now the B vitamin deficiency most of us are used to hearing about is B12, usually in the context of veganism. But this is relatively new, so nutritional yeast and foods like it would have been a real benefit in some parts of the world.
  • vnb_208
    edited August 2018
    Options
    88x2re4bv6od.png