Anybody lost weight only by watching what they ate (by counting calories) and no exercise?

Options
Thanks.

Replies

• TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That would be me,. I have a knee injury that keeps me in a recliner. I follow a 1200 calorie a day plan. I log everything I eat. I've lost 25 lbs.

That's nice. In what duration have you lost it?
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yes. Lost 26 kilos from June last year till around Christmas when I started maintenance.
    Lost the last kilos while already going up in calories.
    Went from 1700 to 1200 calories for a good amount of months. Then slowly came up again.
    Currently maintaining at 2000 and becoming far more active and have added strength training now too.
    Good luck!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Yes. I haven't been able to run for over a month and CICO is working just fine.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    matfox wrote: »
    I lost 100 pounds that way. I wouldn't recommend doing it how I did, but I lowered my calories to 1350 (way too little for a person of my height, age, and sex)

I went from 265 to 165, then still didn't like how I looked so I got big into the gym to regain all that muscle lost. If I could do it again, I'd do a less aggressive diet and go to the gym throughout to prevent losing all that muscle mass.

Exactly what he says!
    I'm now catching up and regaining muscle.
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    08_GreenEyedMomma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Another adding my name to this! So far down 13lbs (off & on since March) without exercising. I do every once in a while when the mood strikes, but usually nothing. I know I should, still working on getting into that mindset/forcing myself to add another thing to my days.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Yes, I dropped about 50 lbs in a year. Slowly dropping calories, nothing too aggressive (about 5lb loss per month). But I did a little activity by occasional walks (once a week) and taking the stairs at work when I could (I'm on the 3rd floor of a warehouse).
    I have a toddler who didn't sleep much at night, so I was always exhausted. I am also a single mom, and didn't have time to get to a gym, so by the time I got home from work, I am usually ready to drop. I lost 50 lbs with just calorie counting, and then was finally able to start at the gym a few months ago (not regularly though) and get a little more exercise in.
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    When I first met my boyfriend (now husband) I was pretty overweight. I started watching what he ate and ate less. I think I lost close to 30 pounds.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I lost about 25 pounds many years ago without exercise and my job was sedentary.

My body was smaller, but was still flabby. That made me lose my motivation and I gained it back.

For my goals and for a better body composition, adding in exercise was a better fit and it has been much easier keeping the weight off.
  • highlightshadow
    highlightshadow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    In 2017 i lost around 37Kg pretty much exclusively by keeping an eye on things.... struggled this year for other reasons but back on the plan now
  • TimeToReduceFat
    TimeToReduceFat Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Yes I have lost 32 pounds so far with no added exercise at all. I bet soon I will start to plateau; I recently changed my goals using my current weight as my starting weight, and I am supposed to eat about 130 calories less than before, I guess since my smaller body needs fewer calories to run on. This is tempting me to add some exercise so I can eat as much as I was eating previously, but we will see!
  • tbright1965
    tbright1965 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Does it count if we were exercising already?

The first time I did this back in 2011, I did the first 9-10 months with no exercise, just limiting my food, going from 275 to about 225. However, once I got below 240, I did start exercising.

I got back up to 265 or more by not paying attention to what I was eating even though I was working out 4-6 days most weeks.

For me, it’s more about the food I eat than it is the exercise.

For FITNESS, you need both. To just lose weight, you can do that at the dinner table alone.

There is a difference.
  • app_119
    app_119 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I lost 82 pounds, no exercise.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!