New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    ocucnzc9cz6j.jpg

The Berry Crumble actually sounds good haha

Nothing really that new or exciting though :/ Those flavors are pretty typical cereal flavors, if they want to speak to the kid inside me they need to do a cotton candy flavor cereal! Why has that never been done, again? ;P

Omg that is genius idea. Why is cotton candy flavored cereal not a thing!? I could see a rice krispy texture cereal or puffed balls working well for it.

I wish they’d bring back the cotton candy Oreos because I never got to try them.

I wish there was a Ginger or Gingerbread cereal. The Trader Joe’s Ginger Granola cereal was amazing.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    88x2re4bv6od.png

I had one of these in chocolate the other day. Pretty good. 7/10. Kind of reminiscent of a brownie. Good texture.

I can't wait till 4pm so I can get mine !

I stopped at every gnc I drove by today, lol, some gave me two, and my mom grabbed 4... thanks for the heads up

kgutvdd47y3w.jpeg

Oh shoot I forgot about this!!! And i work right next to a GNC :( Home already now.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    So... Bang has ANOTHER new flavor apparently, rainbow unicorn? I’ll wait for a review from someone else here, the last time I tried something “unicorn” flavored it tasted like bubble gum... and it’s not even in their caffeine free drinks so if I’m going to feel like I’m about to have a heart attack, it’s gotta be worth it!
    k7bomwjy5wko.png
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    So... Bang has ANOTHER new flavor apparently, rainbow unicorn? I’ll wait for a review from someone else here, the last time I tried something “unicorn” flavored it tasted like bubble gum... and it’s not even in their caffeine free drinks so if I’m going to feel like I’m about to have a heart attack, it’s gotta be worth it!
    k7bomwjy5wko.png

I will be on the lookout !
  • Sallyw2004
    Sallyw2004 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    88x2re4bv6od.png

Thank you for posting this! I got my free cookie today. I’m a member of GNC’s rewards program and they never notify me when there are promotions or giveaways. I went last month for the free One bar that someone posted here, which I also wouldn’t have known about. The worker in the store hadn’t heard and had to look it up to verify it.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    88x2re4bv6od.png

Thank you for posting this! I got my free cookie today. I’m a member of GNC’s rewards program and they never notify me when there are promotions or giveaways. I went last month for the free One bar that someone posted here, which I also wouldn’t have known about. The worker in the store hadn’t heard and had to look it up to verify it.

Your welcome I'm a member as well and it's very rare they send me notifications I just happened to get this email.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    88x2re4bv6od.png

Your welcome I'm a member as well and it's very rare they send me notifications I just happened to get this email.

I got the notification about the ONE bar, but never the SinFit cookie! Go figure!
  • Scubagirl713
    Scubagirl713 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A new Starbucks opened up near me and I went in tonight to check it out. I’m super caffeine sensitive so I got hot chocolate, but I noticed they have protein coffee and nitro cold brew ON TAP! Has anyone tried either of these??
    971jtd4dlpmw.jpeg
    l2v9zu4er1cn.jpeg

Nitro cold brew is amazing. I've had it from Starbucks many times.

Same love nitro cold brew but never had the protein ones

Starbucks has the best nitro IMO. There is a place near me though that has a maple cream nitro that is TO die for.

You wouldn't happen to be in the DC area would you? Local coffee company Compass Coffee does a Nitro Maple cold brew that is spectacular. Wondering if that is what you are talking about.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Aaron_K123 wrote: »
    josette06 wrote: »
    Also, has anyone heard of Dragon Breath? It's like nitrogen infused cereal puffs... I was at Union Station today in Washington DC and there was a stand on the bottom floor with the food court selling them. A cup was $7 (only one size, no samples) and I wanted to try it but
    A. Couldn't find it in the database to log
    B. I read some articles online about it being really dangerous to ingest... it can explode your stomach and burn your skin?
    What are everyone's thoughts on this? haha

I have heard that if you have asthma to avoid dragon's breath because it can cause a severe asthma attack in those with even mild asthma.
    It can cause skin burns because it is liquid nitrogen (dry ice), so if you touch it with your skin, you will be burned. You're supposed to wait a few minutes until you actually eat it. Other than that, I think for the most part, you'll be fine.

Liquid nitrogen is not dry ice, they are completely different things. Dry ice is frozen carbon dioxide. Liquid nitrogen is...well...liquid nitrogen. Liquid nitrogen is MUCH colder than dry ice. The difference in temperature between liquid nitrogen and dry ice is equivalent to the temperature difference between frozen water and boiling water....it is that much colder. The only way I could see it causing an asthma attack is if cold air causes asthma attacks...which it very well might, but I think people are being over-dramatic about the "dangers". The "danger" of liquid nitrogen is that it is cold, in the same way that the "danger" of boiling water is that it is hot. A cup of liquid nitrogen isn't any more dangerous than say a cup of hot coffee. Yeah if you freaking inhale it it is going to hurt you but just realize it is very cold (or very hot in the coffee example) and just be careful. If anything it is safer than hot coffee due to the leidenfrost effect making it so spilling it on yourself isn't actually that bad.

My apologies, it does look like I was implying they were the same. I was trying to point out like dry ice if you were to touch it, it would burn you. It won't kill you like dry ice in an unventilated car will.

However from the asthma point of view

https://www.snopes.com/news/2018/08/02/dragons-breath-candy/

Cold affects many people with asthma, especially people with exercise induced asthma. It's fine to try them but just be cautious as this can exasperate something minor. I think it's less of a concern for adults but far more of a concern for children who will be more excited to blow smoke from their mouths than to read the directions thus resulting in burns.
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I just got an email from SO Delicius, it’s a for survey- free mousse. I completed it and at the end it says sorry this offer is no longer available! I completed it within 5 minutes of the email!!!!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I just got an email from SO Delicius, it’s a for survey- free mousse. I completed it and at the end it says sorry this offer is no longer available! I completed it within 5 minutes of the email!!!!!!

Contact them on facebook or via their website and I bet they will send you a free coupon for your troubles ;)
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    For those asking: I think the reason I got to choose my cookie flavor was 1) The guy had no idea about the promotion and had no clue what Sinfit cookies even were; and 2) He was playing on his phone when I found the cookies and asked him if I could take one. So he didn't even care what I took, I think he just wanted me to leave him alone LOL. They only had PB and Birthday Cake left, and the BC sounded more appealing to me.

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    k7bomwjy5wko.png

it's not that great - FYI @hgycta @vnb_208
  • hgycta
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    k7bomwjy5wko.png

What did it taste like??

Also... this looks AMAZING
    rwi4tk05vuc4.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    Options
    k7bomwjy5wko.png

What did it taste like??

rwi4tk05vuc4.jpeg

I love me a good old fashion apple cider donut from our local apple farm so I high doubt I'd try the donut but the coffee i might
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    k7bomwjy5wko.png

What did it taste like??

rwi4tk05vuc4.jpeg

@hgycta best way to describe it would be skittles, but even that isn't really accurate. my boyfriend bought a case before the flavor was announced... he already gave most of them away.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    k7bomwjy5wko.png

What did it taste like??

rwi4tk05vuc4.jpeg

I need this in my life! Can't wait for August 27! >:)
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Proyo is supposed to be 2 bucks a pint at Trader Joe's
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Saw this pop up on Instagram! Lenny and Larry Crunchy Cookies!

sy41bvrt0gx9.png