Where are the Nerds??

Replies

• hutazi
    hutazi Posts: 13 Member
    about to have some free time for a month and gonna nerd out LOL finally. gonna finish up a buncha games and catch up on a buncha movies/series ive been missing, and gonna do it all in 5.1 surround ... they did not tell me that after having a kid, games had to be enjoyed with headphones. LOL. time to turn up the bass.
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    edited August 2018
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    I would probably consider myself a mini-nerd lol. I’ve got some definite nerd going on 😁

What gets the nerd going for you?

I’m mostly a game nerd, havent done any cosplay nerding lol, and some tv and movie nerding

• kchapman588
    kchapman588 Posts: 55 Member
    I am a nerd and a geek because science, will Ferrell, super Mario, and seeker. Hell yeah, I’m in it to win it
  • ugottafriend
    ugottafriend Posts: 97 Member
    Hello fellow nerds!!! Cosplay, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Pokemon, Voltron, Art, NaNoWriMo, Minimalism, Netflix documentaries, board games, comic books, Marvel...bring it!!!!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Not really into any fandoms, but a massive data, rock and other stuff geek.
  • quoteloveunquote
    quoteloveunquote Posts: 16 Member
    Hello fellow nerds!!! Cosplay, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Pokemon, Voltron, Art, NaNoWriMo, Minimalism, Netflix documentaries, board games, comic books, Marvel...bring it!!!!

I get so excited to meet ("meet") others who do Nano! My seven year old did it with me last year with a much smaller word goal. I've managed to finished twice in the last ten years. We are just about to get started planning for this year's!
  • HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    What is up my peeps. I consider myself a nerd haha. I play nintendo switch, pokemon, dragon ball, watch marvel, star wars, marvel and Dc. Just last wk i wore pokemon socks to the gym. I saw some young kids, nerdy looking, glancing at my socks. They were probably think, "hes a nerd and works out too"
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Haven't been called a nerd in a while, but my wife calls me a dork regularly for my corny sense of humor. Does that count? :smile:
  • orochiwarrior
    orochiwarrior Posts: 97 Member
    Etiqueta wrote: »
    I looove Doctor Who, Torchwood, Supernatural, Firefly, Mystery Science Theater 3000, and so much more. I play a lot of Sims, Minecraft, Don't Starve Together, RimWorld, Banished, and Diablo III. I read books and comic books when I can, but it doesn't happen often because I have a 5 year old that interrupts every 30 seconds.

I love the sims. I have lost count on how much I have spent on the sims 4. I have loads of PS2 sims games also.

• sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    edited August 2018
    Seeing a lot of Star Wars on here, which begs the quedtion: Favorite Star Wars movie, and why?

Mine is Return of the Jedi, mainly for the space fighting scenes and the fight on Endor. Thought my all time favorite scene is Kenobi and Qui Gon against Maul.
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    HdezJ wrote: »
    What is up my peeps. I consider myself a nerd haha. I play nintendo switch, pokemon, dragon ball, watch marvel, star wars, marvel and Dc. Just last wk i wore pokemon socks to the gym. I saw some young kids, nerdy looking, glancing at my socks. They were probably think, "hes a nerd and works out too"

Are the socks of a certain Pokemon or the brand?
  • agympho
    agympho Posts: 4 Member
    Sign me up. Looking for some like minded nerd... err friends
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Me: I'm not a nerd, I just like books a lot.
    Also me: *has spent the last year making my way through TNG, DS9, and Voyager chronologically by star date*
    I just finished Enterprise and moved onto TOS, I’m also listening to a podcast: Star Trek, the Next Conversation and watching TNG episodes along with the hosts.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Seeing a lot of Star Wars on here, which begs the quedtion: Favorite Star Wars movie, and why?

Mine is Return of the Jedi, mainly for the space fighting scenes and the fight on Endor. Thought my all time favorite scene is Kenobi and Qui Gon against Maul.

I agree with Jedi, partially because it’s cool to see Luke as a Jedi Knight in Jabba’s palace and partially for the three story weaving of the climax.
    I’ve always felt the prequels could have gotten from A to B in a much better story involving Anakin fighting for justice in the Galaxy at a dark cost and his love for Padame being fueled by their ideals
  • AltarNative7008
    AltarNative7008 Posts: 3 Member
    Skyrim, Dragon age, Miyazaki, Labyrinth, and many others. I like music, art, video games, Movies, graphic novels, and all things fantasy. Trying to lose weight and get skinny again! And make some friends along the way!!
  • quoteloveunquote

Am I still a nerd if I haven't seen one all the way through? :smile:
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member

Have you seen any of the Harry Potter movies all the way through? If you have, then yes, you are still a nerd.
  • quoteloveunquote

Have you seen any of the Harry Potter movies all the way through? If you have, then yes, you are still a nerd.

Does reading all the books count? I can't remember ever watching the movies. I'm beginning to think I may really be more a geek than a nerd.
  • debrakgoogins
    edited August 2018
    Does reading all the books count? I can't remember ever watching the movies. I'm beginning to think I may really be more a geek than a nerd.

Reading all the books counts. You might be a geek if...that could be a whole new thread. It's the dork version of "you might be a redneck".
  • debrakgoogins
    i have not seen any star wars OR harry potter movies..

don't kick me out plz

What can you give us that proves your nerd worthiness?