Most filling snack for 100-200. calories?

2»

Replies

• DebTavares
    DebTavares Posts: 87 Member
    I have a Pure Protein peanut butter and chocolate protein bar every night at 9 pm along with a piece of fruit (lately watermelon which I love).
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I enjoy vanilla light greek yogurt with some walnuts and a few maraschino cherries. Less than 200 calories.
  • sweetsal64
    sweetsal64 Posts: 23 Member
    Hey Megan, I start by drinking a large glass of water. Then I might choose either a Lemon Zest Luna bar (190 calories and 8 grams of protein), or 1 oz of Cinnamon glazed almonds (130 calories) plus a small apple to equal approximately 200 calories. These choices are both nutrient dense, have some fat and conquer my sweet tooth. I know that you didn't ask for this advice, but, If I were you, I would get rid of the junk food so it isn't so tempting. Give it away or throw it out or donate whole packages to the local food pantry. Good luck! Don't be afraid to try something new...and then do what works for you.

• happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Any of those low-calorie high-protein ice creams (halo top, enlightened, sweet habit etc.) fill me up with one or two servings. I guess it’s a combination of the fiber and protein but if I’m still hungry after dinner, I have half a cup and I am good.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Still hungry only a little over 200 calories left?
    Help this has been happening a lot.
    The house is also filled with unhealthy foods which is so tempting

Are you getting enough protein, fats, and fiber? Those things help most to feel satisfied when they are getting enough calories.
    Is your calorie goal too aggressive or are you not eating back exercise calories? Sometimes if you are very hungry every day then you are just not eating enough and could adjust your intake.

For 100-200 calories you might have:
    A large pile of vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cabbage, tomato, celery, spinach, cucumber
    A couple of whole eggs
    Some cheese
    Yogurt
    Cottage cheese
    A granola bar
    Some fruit
    Air popped popcorn

Log things and find something that fits your goals.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    1 slice whole wheat toast, peanut butter and sliced half banana

Apple with peanut butter

Greek yogurt with a few spoonfuls of granola
  • makkimakki2018
    makkimakki2018 Posts: 414 Member
    Cliff bars, quest bars, energy bars.