CNG24 wrote: »
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    Video games and hand massages? That sounds like a really good night. If we're going for comedy night in games, we can watch me play Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It's not pretty.

Ah, hell yes. can't play it to save my life bahaha could turn it into a drinking game :P hmmmm....

The jerks I played with always chose the fastest song when it was my turn so midway through the song, the drinking game was about the only game I was playing. And throwing crap at my friends.

Lame...lol. I'll go easy on ya haha 😉

Well I appreciate that. I'll return the favor on Smash Melee. 😁

Haha...don't let me win. That's no fun bahaha. I lose like a champ bahaha

Totally wanna just lay around in pjs and play all night. Lol

Haha. What is going to me more painful for me.....letting you win or beating you? That does sound like a solid plan.

Letting me win. It's no fun to just let me win. I wanna fair fight, itd make for a great night!!

Okay, sounds good. Fair fight it is. Bring it on!!

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong!

Excellent. It's about to go down. Expect no mercy.

Haha love it! Cracking open a beer as we speak!!

Hmmm, what kind of beer? Important question.

Bahaha, it is a make or break question. I have a bunch of different kinds in the fridge but currently drinking a porch rocker by Sam Adam's. I'm a fan of the summery beers.

Solid choice. I like the summery beers. Haven't had a Sam Adams in a while, though.

It's so tasty! I also have some Leinies in the fridge too. Summer Shandy is bomb too!

Clearly, you're winning the beer game. All I have in the fridge, currently, is Blue Moon.

Living in Grand Rapids, MI (beer city, USA) I have access to quite the selection of craft brews

OKC has really stepped up their craft beer game the last few years. I just need to get out, more, and discover them all.

Currently drinking a fantastic blackberry ipa from Perrin brewing co.

That sounds amazing. Last night was my first venture in blueberry alcohol with some vodka, and it was amazing. A local brewery just came out with a peach IPA I can't wait to get my hands on.
  • hutazi
    hutazi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

Have you played Shadow of Colossus? HZD? GOW? Um. Titanfall 2 is an awesome FPS. Overcooked is mad fun party game. And the oldie Division is fun if you missed that.
  • sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    hutazi wrote: »
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

Have you played Shadow of Colossus? HZD? GOW? Um. Titanfall 2 is an awesome FPS. Overcooked is mad fun party game. And the oldie Division is fun if you missed that.

I played Shadow of the Colossus when it was out on PS3. Was a great game. Do need to get the new edition. I just finished Uncharted 4 not long ago and kind of want to play through that, again.
  • hutazi
    hutazi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I played Shadow of the Colossus when it was out on PS3. Was a great game. Do need to get the new edition. I just finished Uncharted 4 not long ago and kind of want to play through that, again.

If you liked uncharted 4. Then can play the next one. The lost legacy. Haven't played it myself. But heard it was pretty good.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options

If you liked uncharted 4. Then can play the next one. The lost legacy. Haven't played it myself. But heard it was pretty good.

I have been thinking about it. Just hard for me to get excited about it within the characters from the first 4.
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Just seeing this thread now!!!
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Just seeing this thread now!!!

Welcome to the madness. It's a great time to be a nerd.
  • competeagain
    competeagain Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I’m literally in bed with Yoda, Vader, and a gammy guard
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Options

The new god of war is definitely good. They definitely stepped up from ‘just’ the hack and slash but without wrecking the feel of the game that makes god of war a classic
  • sdanemrtn
    Options

The new god of war is definitely good. They definitely stepped up from ‘just’ the hack and slash but without wrecking the feel of the game that makes god of war a classic

I'll have to give it a look. The whole father/son aspect of it seemed a little odd, but the reviews are outstanding and I really did enjoy the first two.
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Video games and hand massages? That sounds like a really good night. If we're going for comedy night in games, we can watch me play Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It's not pretty.

Ah, hell yes. can't play it to save my life bahaha could turn it into a drinking game :P hmmmm....

The jerks I played with always chose the fastest song when it was my turn so midway through the song, the drinking game was about the only game I was playing. And throwing crap at my friends.

Lame...lol. I'll go easy on ya haha 😉

Well I appreciate that. I'll return the favor on Smash Melee. 😁

Haha...don't let me win. That's no fun bahaha. I lose like a champ bahaha

Totally wanna just lay around in pjs and play all night. Lol

Haha. What is going to me more painful for me.....letting you win or beating you? That does sound like a solid plan.

Letting me win. It's no fun to just let me win. I wanna fair fight, itd make for a great night!!

Okay, sounds good. Fair fight it is. Bring it on!!

Oh it's on like Donkey Kong!

Excellent. It's about to go down. Expect no mercy.

Haha love it! Cracking open a beer as we speak!!

Hmmm, what kind of beer? Important question.

Bahaha, it is a make or break question. I have a bunch of different kinds in the fridge but currently drinking a porch rocker by Sam Adam's. I'm a fan of the summery beers.

Solid choice. I like the summery beers. Haven't had a Sam Adams in a while, though.

It's so tasty! I also have some Leinies in the fridge too. Summer Shandy is bomb too!

Clearly, you're winning the beer game. All I have in the fridge, currently, is Blue Moon.

Haha! Blue moon is my fav fall/winter beer. They make a cinnamon horchata that just puts me in the mood to accept the cold *kitten* temps and many feet of snow that's always inevitable...
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    emmaycarl wrote: »
    Comic nerd here! Also academic nerd but that’s not as interesting and comes off as pretentious. I read Ms. Marvel, Squirrelgirl, A-force, Captain Marvel, etc. Marvel heroines are the best. Also! Old doctor who, Star Trek (I met William Shatner in real life! Proudest moment), and film geek.

Embrace your academic nerdiness!!! Of course, my opinion may not count since I am an Algebra teacher....
  • yogidani77
    Options
    Starting my mini early lol
    So adorable!!! Did you make this? My sis in law crocheted a Princess Leia one for my little niece one Halloween. All of our kids dressed as Star Wars characters.
  • yogidani77
    Options
    wpolph3hppaa.jpeg
    So adorable!!! Did you make this? My sis in law crocheted a Princess Leia one for my little niece one Halloween. All of our kids dressed as Star Wars characters.
    I managed to find a pic. It’s been awhile. She’s seven now 😂
  • laurenb1994
    laurenb1994 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! My people!

I’m into PC gaming (though I’ve played on all different systems over the years). Built my own PC 2 and a half years ago. Hop around from game to game but lately I’ve been playing RS3, No Man’s Sky and Overcooked/Overcooked 2. Welcome to add me on Steam; https://steamcommunity.com/id/jellybeanmusic

I also love reading . Finished 44 books so far this year. Love all kinds of genres. Also welcome to add me on Goodreads; https://www.goodreads.com/saussage1994

Nice to meet you all! 🙂
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    wpolph3hppaa.jpeg
    I managed to find a pic. It’s been awhile. She’s seven now 😂

This is pure gold. I love it!!
  • sdanemrtn
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Hello! My people!

I’m into PC gaming (though I’ve played on all different systems over the years). Built my own PC 2 and a half years ago. Hop around from game to game but lately I’ve been playing RS3, No Man’s Sky and Overcooked/Overcooked 2. Welcome to add me on Steam; https://steamcommunity.com/id/jellybeanmusic

I also love reading . Finished 44 books so far this year. Love all kinds of genres. Also welcome to add me on Goodreads; https://www.goodreads.com/saussage1994

Nice to meet you all! 🙂

Welcome to our cozy, nerdy corner of MFP!!! What is this Goodreads that you speak of??
  • crptpyr
    crptpyr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anime, D&D, Skyrim, Lolita, Fashion History, Hand me any well done medieval rpg and I'll be more than happy
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    crptpyr wrote: »
    Anime, D&D, Skyrim, Lolita, Fashion History, Hand me any well done medieval rpg and I'll be more than happy

The hard part is finding a really well done medieval RPG.
  • yogidani77
    Options
    i have not seen any star wars OR harry potter movies..

don't kick me out plz

You should do a movie marathon!!! If you like to read, and you have an interest in HP you should read the books first. If you don’t like to read the movies are still good.

Agreed. The movies weren't bad, but I throughly enjoyed the books. Well worth ready them, and reading them, first.

I may get kicked off the Nerd thread BUT....the only movie series that I feel is better than the book series is LOTR. It took me an embarrassingly long time to finish those books. The details were overwhelming. The movies are awesome though.