Where are the Nerds??

Options

Replies

• shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    Nerd/Geek here.

Former vintage car collector/hoarder who also has a soft spot for 80s Shelby Dodges hence the user name.

Would not be opposed to seeing some of the vintage cars. The important question with Star Trek is who is your favorite captain?

I wish I could say I had a lot of photos of the vintage cars, but I had a major shop fire in '96 (arson - long story) and lost nearly all my photos of my early and awesome build from when I had my shop. Plus I lost a ton of cars. But I do have a photo or two I might be able to grab real quick that managed to survive.

cbe2dne0z5rn.jpg

I did this 60 VW Bug in my early teens. Wasn't even finished in the photos. Got the car in SE Iowa and hauled it to NE TX. Replaced nearly every panel on it. Numbers matching car with original 36HP engine. Started a VW obsession and wound up owning a handful of other VWs and a warehouse full of parts before I sold them all to a collector around 1993.

n5ilc6shefxr.jpg

Weird project I tackled a few years ago that I got in Michigan. 84 Dodge Rampage combined with an Shelby Charger to make a Shelby-ized 2.2 turbocharged Rampage.

And I still own my car from high school. 28 years now.

lpaa4p2oo8ft.jpg

As for other cars I did I was mainly into Ford stuff - 49 - 51 Fords, 63 - 64 Galaxies, 60s Lincolns, etc. Also had a 1917 T-Bucket hot rod, 36 Ford, Dodge Duster, Ford Torino GTs, Ford Rancheros, old Ford Trucks, and some oddball things like a Jaguar XJS with a 350/350 Chevy V8 swap. I used to buy/sell/swap cars constantly and at any time I probably had anywhere from 15 - 25 cars on hand before I sold nearly everything off in 2005 - 2006. Even if I tried to compile a list I'm sure I'd forgot a bunch of cars.

As for Trek captains that's a tough one. Every time I rewatch there's things I like and dislike about every one and it's hard to pick just one. But if I had to pick a least favorite overall I'd have to say Janeway and Voyager even though I still appreciate the series overall. Sorry Voyager fans!

• sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Lol I’m more of a closet case. I keep my nerdiness on the dl. Shhh.... I love tabletop, pinball and retro games mostly, am an avid reader, particularly the horror genre. Supergirl is my weight loss/fitness inspiration annnnd I play Pokémon GO ev-er-y-day! 😀

All of the above is amazing. Except keeping it all on the DL. Haha. If you play every day, we need to exchange player codes!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Marvel movie nerd here and comic con stuff. My whole family is gaming nerds even though I dont game, not because I am not interested but because I dont know how to play with controllers. I would on the computer. Use to play WOW religiously on a PVP server as a undead mage

xtx0f9kiw4vq.png
  • CNG24
    CNG24 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    CNG24 wrote: »
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

If I had a PS4 and time to play, I'd totally help...but....I'm lame...bahaha

Haha. No worries. I like to think I have the time and money for all of these games, so it's probably for the better no one has responded with game ideas.

Hahaha, time better spent doing other things I suppose. I'm seriously like the best gal to have around, I seriously love watching folks play...I'm weird. But also easily entertained?? Haha cheap date i guess.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

Haha. No worries. I like to think I have the time and money for all of these games, so it's probably for the better no one has responded with game ideas.

Hahaha, time better spent doing other things I suppose. I'm seriously like the best gal to have around, I seriously love watching folks play...I'm weird. But also easily entertained?? Haha cheap date i guess.

Nothin' weird about that, at all, in my book! I enjoy watching folks, play, as well. Just haven't met enough people that like to game so I can kick back and relax and watch. I am also way too easily entertained.
  • CNG24
    Options

Nothin' weird about that, at all, in my book! I enjoy watching folks, play, as well. Just haven't met enough people that like to game so I can kick back and relax and watch. I am also way too easily entertained.

That's awesome!! Let me just say that watching me game would be more of a repetitive comedy show than progressive...bahaha. worst hand eye coordination. Ever.
  • sdanemrtn
    Options

That's awesome!! Let me just say that watching me game would be more of a repetitive comedy show than progressive...bahaha. worst hand eye coordination. Ever.

Haha. Now that sounds like a good time. Just need to make it a fun button masher like Super Smash Melee or something fun like that.
  • CNG24
    Options

Haha. Now that sounds like a good time. Just need to make it a fun button masher like Super Smash Melee or something fun like that.

Yessssss. Then a hand massage afterwards. I'm always pressing those damn buttons too hard because apparently it helps...bahaha.
  • sdanemrtn
    edited August 2018
    Options

Yessssss. Then a hand massage afterwards. I'm always pressing those damn buttons too hard because apparently it helps...bahaha.

Video Games and hand massages? Now that sounds like a perfect evening. If we're going for comedy night, me playing Rock Band will achieve it. It's not pretty.
  • CNG24
    Options
    Video games and hand massages? That sounds like a really good night. If we're going for comedy night in games, we can watch me play Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It's not pretty.

Ah, hell yes. can't play it to save my life bahaha could turn it into a drinking game :P hmmmm....
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Video games and hand massages? That sounds like a really good night. If we're going for comedy night in games, we can watch me play Rock Band or Guitar Hero. It's not pretty.

Ah, hell yes. can't play it to save my life bahaha could turn it into a drinking game :P hmmmm....

The jerks I played with always chose the fastest song when it was my turn so midway through the song, the drinking game was about the only game I was playing. And throwing crap at my friends.
  • CNG24
    Options

The jerks I played with always chose the fastest song when it was my turn so midway through the song, the drinking game was about the only game I was playing. And throwing crap at my friends.

Lame...lol. I'll go easy on ya haha 😉
  • sdanemrtn
    Options

Well I appreciate that. I'll return the favor on Smash Melee. 😁
  • quoteloveunquote
    quoteloveunquote Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nerd/Geek here.

Former vintage car collector/hoarder who also has a soft spot for 80s Shelby Dodges hence the user name.

Would not be opposed to seeing some of the vintage cars. The important question with Star Trek is who is your favorite captain?

As for Trek captains that's a tough one. Every time I rewatch there's things I like and dislike about every one and it's hard to pick just one. But if I had to pick a least favorite overall I'd have to say Janeway and Voyager even though I still appreciate the series overall. Sorry Voyager fans!

Totally agree! My husband gets so irritated that she can't delegate. Like *kitten* will be going down and she'll say, "Chacotay, I'm headed down to engineering to do someone else's job. You've got the bridge."
  • sdanemrtn
    Options
    Nerd/Geek here.

Star Trek lover including Enterprise and Discovery. Also loved Fringe and House MD and could literally watch reruns every single day. Really enjoyed the new Lost in Space on Netflix, too.

Linux user, current desktop flavor is Ubuntu MATE. Used to be an IT guy in the 90s and early 2000s but got sidelined by chronic illness. Also was heavy into mobile audio/video and home theater at one time.

That really stinks about the photos and such. Sorry to hear about that. My dream, if it ever happens, is a '67 GTO. I didn't mind Janeway, all that much, but I grew up on TNG, so it'll always be Picard, for me.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    Options

Have you played through the latest God of War? It’s pretty awesome
  • CNG24
    Options

Haha...don't let me win. That's no fun bahaha. I lose like a champ bahaha

Totally wanna just lay around in pjs and play all night. Lol
  • sdanemrtn
    edited August 2018
    Options
    theresa120 wrote: »

Have you played through the latest God of War? It’s pretty awesome

Ya know, I haven't, and haven't played one since God of War 2. Is the whole series worth the money?
  • sdanemrtn
    Options

Haha. What is going to me more painful for me.....letting you win or beating you? That does sound like a solid plan.
  • CNG24
    Options

Haha. What is going to me more painful for me.....letting you win or beating you? That does sound like a solid plan.

Letting me win. It's no fun to just let me win. I wanna fair fight, itd make for a great night!!