Where are the Nerds??

Replies

• sdanemrtn
    sdanemrtn Posts: 187 Member
    sdanemrtn wrote: »
    i have not seen any star wars OR harry potter movies..

don't kick me out plz

You should do a movie marathon!!! If you like to read, and you have an interest in HP you should read the books first. If you don’t like to read the movies are still good.

Agreed. The movies weren't bad, but I throughly enjoyed the books. Well worth ready them, and reading them, first.

I may get kicked off the Nerd thread BUT....the only movie series that I feel is better than the book series is LOTR. It took me an embarrassingly long time to finish those books. The details were overwhelming. The movies are awesome though.

I actually agree. I have tried to read the books on a few occasions and I can't make it through them. Go easy on my, thread!
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member

don't kick me out plz

You should do a movie marathon!!! If you like to read, and you have an interest in HP you should read the books first. If you don’t like to read the movies are still good.

Agreed. The movies weren't bad, but I throughly enjoyed the books. Well worth ready them, and reading them, first.

I may get kicked off the Nerd thread BUT....the only movie series that I feel is better than the book series is LOTR. It took me an embarrassingly long time to finish those books. The details were overwhelming. The movies are awesome though.

I actually agree. I have tried to read the books on a few occasions and I can't make it through them. Go easy on my, thread!

SORRY 😐
  • sdanemrtn

don't kick me out plz

SORRY 😐

Haha, meant on me, for the rest of the people. Like you, I'm sure our opinion is not widely shared about the books.
  • terrordawg
    terrordawg Posts: 19,462 Member
    hutazi wrote: »
    I played Shadow of the Colossus when it was out on PS3. Was a great game. Do need to get the new edition. I just finished Uncharted 4 not long ago and kind of want to play through that, again.

If you liked uncharted 4. Then can play the next one. The lost legacy. Haven't played it myself. But heard it was pretty good.

Is Lost Legacy already out?! I love the Uncharted series!
  • terrordawg
    nossmf wrote: »
    Does a degree in astrophysics qualify me for nerddom? If not, let's tack on a complete collection of AD&D 2nd Edition rulebooks, every episode of ST:TNG, a couple dozen dragon statuettes, lover of all things Marvel, a fantasy football fanatic for almost 20 years, and self-published my own novel about dragons (and am almost done with the sequel)?

Let's leave off the part about being valedictorian and holding a master's degree...that would be overkill!

Oh so your one of those smrt nerds... that’s actually amazing, welcome aboard! Also, fantasy football.. tell me you’ve watched The League!
  • terrordawg
    hutazi wrote: »
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

Have you played Shadow of Colossus? HZD? GOW? Um. Titanfall 2 is an awesome FPS. Overcooked is mad fun party game. And the oldie Division is fun if you missed that.

Haha I just played Overcooked 2 for the first time the other day, it’s crazy hard but lots of fun!
  • terrordawg
    edited August 2018
    theresa120 wrote: »
    Need some new ideas of the PS4. Currently playing No Man's Sky and NHL, and the Spyro re-release and Red Dead Redemption coming out later this year, I'm looking for some other legit games. Any ideas?

Have you played through the latest God of War? It’s pretty awesome

Ya know, I haven't, and haven't played one since God of War 2. Is the whole series worth the money?

I’m pretty much in the same boat. I find the story and play through in this one much more interesting and fun than any of the previous GOW games. And it looks friggin beautiful.
  • sdanemrtn

Have you played through the latest God of War? It’s pretty awesome

Ya know, I haven't, and haven't played one since God of War 2. Is the whole series worth the money?

I’m pretty much in the same boat. I find the story and play through in this one much more interesting and fun than any of the previous GOW games. And it looks friggin beautiful.

I am down with a game that looks amazing. That was one reason I loved The Witcher III. It was absolutely gorgeous, even in the swamps. I will take a little less in the gameplay if the looks are great and the world map is big.
  • Totes a Trekie here and you mentioned the best captain ever. I'm a huge FMA & SU fan
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Suited up for a Children's Charity yesterday. Lots of thrilled....and an equal number of terrified kids. 😁💖
  • auzziecawth
    auzziecawth Posts: 244 Member
    Starting my mini early lol
    So adorable!!! Did you make this? My sis in law crocheted a Princess Leia one for my little niece one Halloween. All of our kids dressed as Star Wars characters.
    wpolph3hppaa.jpeg
    So adorable!!! Did you make this? My sis in law crocheted a Princess Leia one for my little niece one Halloween. All of our kids dressed as Star Wars characters.
    I managed to find a pic. It’s been awhile. She’s seven now 😂

Haha I did indeed, I’m a bit of a ‘craft dork’ on top of my nerdness lol.

Totally adorable. Love it 😍
  • aacst13
    aacst13 Posts: 2 Member
    New nerd here. Just joined MyFitnessPal today. I'm into the MCU, animation, disney/pixar, some anime (such as FMA:Brotherhood, Death Note, and my guilty pleasure Yugioh), Game of Thrones, the Discworld books, Harry Potter, and a bunch of other stuff.
    I also love going to cons and cosplay. My biggest hit is Elsa, but I've also done Winry from FMA and lady Thor with some regularity. I've done Deanerys a few times but I haven't made a costume I'm satisfied with yet.
    Let's see, what else?
    Oh, does anyone around here do Zombies, Run!? It's a great, nerdy fitness app that actually got me into running. I've only been doing it for a few weeks but I love it!
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    wpolph3hppaa.jpeg
    I managed to find a pic. It’s been awhile. She’s seven now 😂

Haha I did indeed, I’m a bit of a ‘craft dork’ on top of my nerdness lol.

Totally adorable. Love it 😍

Me, too! We used to have “Crafty Day” when my sis in law lived closer. I croquet, too, but nothing that elaborate.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Lol I’m more of a closet case. I keep my nerdiness on the dl. Shhh.... I love tabletop, pinball and retro games mostly, am an avid reader, particularly the horror genre. Supergirl is my weight loss/fitness inspiration annnnd I play Pokémon GO ev-er-y-day! 😀

Avid reader of horror, you say? Have any favorite authors or stories??
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    edited August 2018
    Did some color accuracy and detail work on my Cap suit over the weekend, pictures take a while to load. Next convention is 9/14. y5aywu5tfkko.jpeg
    kvi8ccl4piwz.jpeg
    5hilww6y8rr9.jpeg
    78l5g3r9bykt.jpeg
  • terrordawg
    Reckoner67 wrote: »
    Lol I’m more of a closet case. I keep my nerdiness on the dl. Shhh.... I love tabletop, pinball and retro games mostly, am an avid reader, particularly the horror genre. Supergirl is my weight loss/fitness inspiration annnnd I play Pokémon GO ev-er-y-day! 😀

I love Stephen King of course, The Shining will always remain on of my favourites. Currently in the middle of “Sleeping Beauties” which King co-wrote with one of his sons. I enjoy Sarah Waters and Joe Hill as well. Love anything weird, paranormal and/or bloody. That goes for horror movies too. Got any suggestions?
  • Lawman7788
    Lawman7788 Posts: 32 Member
    <
    Star Wars. "Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try"! relevant to MFP!
  • Lawman7788
    Lawman7788 Posts: 32 Member
    I would probably consider myself a mini-nerd lol. I’ve got some definite nerd going on 😁

Me as well!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Sc-Fi nerd and as a job I work engineering high-powered, high-fluence IR lasers.
  • renku
    renku Posts: 182 Member
    Reckoner67 wrote: »

I love Stephen King of course, The Shining will always remain on of my favourites. Currently in the middle of “Sleeping Beauties” which King co-wrote with one of his sons. I enjoy Sarah Waters and Joe Hill as well. Love anything weird, paranormal and/or bloody. That goes for horror movies too. Got any suggestions?

I've read a little Clive Barker, he's not bad. Neil Gaimen is good for more supernatural stories