Silly rabbit calorie countings for kids!

Options
I just jumped ship from lose it to this app. I was counting calories and thought that be enough to lose the weight Hahahaha, silly 30 something ! Those tricks are for kids ! I’d been eating my weight in sugar and had no idea. I’m looking to get back on track, I need to figure out a way to cut back on sugar....way back on sugar. What do you guys eat for breakfast/Lunch/dinner and snacks. I’ll appreciate any and all the support I can get, thanks !

Replies

• swagosweetheart
    swagosweetheart Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Fresh express Asian salad is my favorite breakfast. We also raise free-range hens and so eggs are high on our list of breakfast foods. I never liked sweet breakfasts because then I crave sugar all day long. I'd say to start your day off with what you "should" feed it all day and get it off to a good start. Canned 99% fat free chicken is also a great breakfast. I heat it in the microwave and add tabasco, or worchestershire, or some other very low sugar sauce. The thing about sugar is it makes you crave it. If you completely give it up for a few days, the cravings go away. My pic was shot 50 lbs ago. Set yourself up to succeed by starting your day off with good proteins that are naturally low in fat. low sodium deli turkey breast is delicious and on some 647 bread, isn't a lot of calories and is very satisfying also. Your breakfast doesn't have to be a "traditional" breakfast food.
  • Millicent3015
    Millicent3015 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just jumped ship from lose it to this app. I was counting calories and thought that be enough to lose the weight Hahahaha, silly 30 something ! Those tricks are for kids ! I’d been eating my weight in sugar and had no idea. I’m looking to get back on track, I need to figure out a way to cut back on sugar....way back on sugar. What do you guys eat for breakfast/Lunch/dinner and snacks. I’ll appreciate any and all the support I can get, thanks !

I'll have fat free, no added sugar or skyr yogurt with fruit for breakfast, or a sausage, bacon rasher, mushrooms and tomatoes, sometimes with an egg, or fish, a little rice and asparagus, or 25-40g of Fruit & Fibre, low sugar granola or no added sugar muesli, all with semi skimmed milk.

Lunch might be meat, fish or cheese with vegetables/salad, or a homemade soup, or if I'm out a sandwich, protein bar/shake with fruit or salad, or I get a kids' meal with a fruit bag from a fast food place.

Dinner is stir fries, stews, curries with a bit of rice and pulses, pasta with meat sauce, meat/fish and vegetables.

Snacks are generally fruit, nuts, and I have sugar free sweets or a protein bar or shake if I want a sweetness hit without worrying about sugar. My weakness is Nature Valley granola bars, but I'm managing to knock that habit on the head.

I find that filling up on vegetables and fruit helps me feel fuller for longer, and I've gradually got used to smaller portions. The less added sugars I eat, the more chocolate, ice cream toppings and other sweet stuff puts me off, as it's way too sweet for me. I haven't touched chocolate, pastries, sugary sweets and cakes (I used to crave and eat that all day every day) in months. I'll still eat it if I fancy it, but I don't fancy it nearly as much as I used to.

It's taken almost a year to change my eating habits, so take it slow, and gradually replace sugary stuff with lower sugar alternatives, fruit and veg, until you find yourself in a pattern of eating where the occasional sugary thing is a want instead of a need. Stay within your allotted calories, whatever you eat, and weight loss should happen.
  • Hitmecaffeine323
    Hitmecaffeine323 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing these tips. I’ve got some other issues coming in, that are making this weight loss journey just a little harder. Hormones are a little out of wack.
  • scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    A low sugar protein powder (I use dymatize) mixed with nonfat (or lowfat) Greek yogurt goes a loooooong way if you’re looking for something sweet. I generally eat it as a snack after the gym instead of a traditional protein shake. As for cutting out most sugar it’s fairly easy as long as you give yourself a few grumpy days to get past the cravings and when you just can’t shake it, go for something like fruit or yogurt instead of candy.

For breakfast I have oatmeal with PB2 and sugar free maple syrup (I used to use real peanut butter and full sugar maple syrup as a kid and I still love the combo) or I’ll have egg whites with a bit of sharp cheddar and 1 slice whole grain bread.
    Lunch is usually later than most people for me since I work second shift so I snack on some veggies between my breakfast and lunch but when it’s time to eat I ALWAYS eat the same thing. I meal prep once a week filling 14 containers for my boyfriend and myself with perfectly measured out curry and brown jasmine rice.
    Dinner is sometimes a ‘cheat’ meal of ‘pizza’ (low cal whole grain flatbread, plain tomato sauce, cheese, veggies for only about 300 calories!!), a black bean burger, or a chicken sandwich with avocado.

I have a daily intake of only 1300 calories and honestly don’t have much of an appetite so I usually hit around 1100-1200. And I don’t fall for the Keto fad that’s currently going on. I love my carbs because they keep me full, I’ve just learned that fat isn’t evil and protein is necessary too.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Breakfast - full-fat greek yogurt mixed with protein powder and berries
    Lunch - Chicken breast (smoke a whole batch on Sundays), with a side. Could be salad, in a wrap, with some noodles or zucchini, etc.
    Afternoon snack - protein bar and a Monster Ultra Zero
    Dinner - whatever the family is having.
    Dessert - ice cream or chocolate, usually

I don't track sugar. I have no medical reason to need to. I already track carbs, and sugar is a carb. I switched my sugar tracker out for fiber years ago. I just make sure to hit my calorie allotment.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I’m coming under the calories and the scale isn’t moving. I do have a medical condition to prevent me from losing the weight. I can gain up to 3 lbs in one day though woohoo. I’ve also noticed adding more exercise makes me gain vs lose weight. It’s like a bulk up super easy. I’ve also noticed if I come way under my body freaks out and thinks I’m trying to starve it and I won’t lose any weight. It’s an insane balancing act.

Came back and deleted my post because I had a rough morning which resulted in my post being blunt, whereas others have said the same thing in a kinder way and offered more explanation. :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I’m coming under the calories and the scale isn’t moving. I do have a medical condition to prevent me from losing the weight. I can gain up to 3 lbs in one day though woohoo. I’ve also noticed adding more exercise makes me gain vs lose weight. It’s like a bulk up super easy. I’ve also noticed if I come way under my body freaks out and thinks I’m trying to starve it and I won’t lose any weight. It’s an insane balancing act.

Stating medical conditions in your first post would have been useful OP.

Anyone can gain that much with water weight fluctuations, that isnt unusual?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I can gain up to 3 lbs in one day though woohoo.

Weight fluctuations are normal. There are lots of things that impact what the scale says. Water weight is the biggest reason for gaining a lot or losing a lot over night. Watch the trends over time or weigh in less often if the fluctuations bother you.

gvlmt5ucqqdb.png

I’ve also noticed adding more exercise makes me gain vs lose weight.

New exercise routines or increased intensity can cause water retention for muscle repair. This can mask fat loss on the scale and even show as a gain. It’s temporary, but for some people it can last up to 6 weeks.