Gimme the Skinny - August Challenge Team 21 - (closed group)

Options

Replies

• tagrady
    tagrady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Also, just finished my exercise challenge for the day. :) And did 250 more crunches.

Total crunches: 400

YOUR SUCH A MACHINE!
  • kcgslp
    kcgslp Posts: 212
    Options
    SKINNYs, I do believe you are trying to kill me!

BUT I've never been one to back down from a challenge, sooooo 1000 it is!
    I can't believe I just wrote that.

so sad we lost two more members :( but I guess that leaves us to pick up the slack.

But just to clarify...since I've already pledged 500 crunches...this would be 1,000 more right!
    For a 1,500 this week....I can't believe I just wrote THAT!
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options

so sad we lost two more members :( but I guess that leaves us to pick up the slack.

But just to clarify...since I've already pledged 500 crunches...this would be 1,000 more right!

I think it is just 1000 total..
  • tagrady
    Options

YES, just 1000 total :)
  • u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hey, that gives me an idea... what if others of us on the team agree to do the reps for the challenge that the missing members aren't doing now? Would that qualify us for more points? Captain, can you check with Gary to find out? If so, I'll volunteer to do some extra.
  • kcgslp
    Options
    Hey, that gives me an idea... what if others of us on the team agree to do the reps for the challenge that the missing members aren't doing now? Would that qualify us for more points? Captain, can you check with Gary to find out? If so, I'll volunteer to do some extra.

u2fergus...you are a SUPERSTAR! and if it works....I'm in too :)
  • kcgslp
    Options

YES, just 1000 total :)

Thanks SKINNYs!
  • tagrady
    Options
    Kellie- that's a great idea, I Just asked him:bigsmile:

If this works, I'll totally do more too!

Today's exercise:

50 military presses
    4 sets of 21's
    10 min mile
    50 wood chops
    15 push ups
    200 crunches (100 yesterday 300 so far! Feelin the burn!)
    30 day shred

I was hungrier than normal today and ate 1355 calories. I feel like getting on the elliptical real quick to get the extra 155 off, which is probably crazy because it still says I have 366 calories left. Is everyone eating their exercise calories? I'm trying not to....
  • szczepj
    szczepj Posts: 422
    Options

I was hungrier than normal today and ate 1355 calories. I feel like getting on the elliptical real quick to get the extra 155 off, which is probably crazy because it still says I have 366 calories left. Is everyone eating their exercise calories? I'm trying not to....

I dont eat my exercise calories. I've had pretty good weight loss so far. I'm thinking if I do start to stall on the weight loss I'll start eating a little bit more and see if it helps. But as of now I don't :)
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Also, just finished my exercise challenge for the day. :) And did 250 more crunches.

Total crunches: 400

Boy, you certainly are bringing 'Beast Mode'!

Way to go!
  • kristinmkartist
    kristinmkartist Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have done 200 crunches today!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Holy quivering, Batman! I was not able to get to my challenges yesterday because I got home late from Girl Scouts (one of my assistant leaders brought her 5 day old baby in at the end of the meeting so we had to stay and oooh, and aaaahhh, and talk babies!).

So, tonight I did last nights and tonights challenges. YIKES! My quads and hammies are quivering. My arms and shoulders feel like somebody replaced them with jello. :noway: But I love it! Thanks for the challenge! Beast Mode on! :smokin:
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Just had time to go back to the last page... 1000 crunches this week!!!!:tongue: I was so proud of myself because I did 60 today and thought that was pretty good being 30% of the way to my 200 for the team. Now they seem so inconsequential. :cry:

Okay, I guess I am going to have to drop to the ground everywhere and anywhere and do another 25. I might get funny looks, but I am in!

Oh, and I would love to join the September challenge too. This has been really good, pushing me everyday.
  • mommaski4
    Options
    I have done 200 crunches today!

You go! Nice job!
  • u2fergus
    Options

Today's exercise:

50 military presses
    4 sets of 21's
    10 min mile
    50 wood chops
    15 push ups
    30 day shred

OK... I know it was my idea in the first place to do extra to make up for our quitters, so I feel extra lame telling you I only managed some extra crunches today. :embarassed:

200 crunches (+100 from yesterday = 300 for the week)
    50 military presses
    3 sets of 21's

For the extra mile, I was going to do an improvised 10-minute chair row to simulate the extra 1 mile for the challenge, but lugging 235 pounds around on crutches all day is harder to do than I anticipated and I simply cannot move my arms anymore. Am I allowed to put the extra mile off for a day even just later in the week? I've never had to before, so I hope it's not going to lose us any points... I will make it up one way or another. :grumble:

Regarding whether we eat back our exercise calories or not... I have my calorie level set to lose 1 lb a week, and then I just try to make sure that I have at least 500 calories unused every day (because that will mean I lose 2 lbs a week). If it's a special occasion or I know we're going out for dinner with friends or something, then as long as I don't go over the 1-lb a week calorie allowance, that's ok for that day. I don't ever consider using "cheat days" where I just eat whatever because that is just not how I want to eat ever again... that's how I got in this mess in the first place. I usually don't eat back all or even most of my exercise calories, but I nearly always eat at least some of them back because, frankly, I'm just too hungry not to! When I am exercising a lot and I know I'm eating good foods, I don't feel bad about just eating to lose 2 lbs a week or so. Actually, I think if I want to *keep* the weight off, it's important to eat and exercise in a way that I know I can maintain throughout my life. Letting myself go around with my stomach growling all the time will open the door to too much temptation, so I just try to make sure I'm satisfied with healthy things in reasonable portion sizes.
  • u2fergus
    Options
    Holy quivering, Batman!

YIKES! My quads and hammies are quivering. My arms and shoulders feel like somebody replaced them with jello. :noway: But I love it! Thanks for the challenge! Beast Mode on! :smokin:

You crack me up, mommaski! :laugh:
  • Devani34
    Devani34 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Today's exercise:

50 military presses
    4 sets of 21's
    10 min mile
    50 wood chops
    15 push ups
    30 day shred

Ok.... well, i'm glad I wasn't the only one.... Man! I've been hungry most of the day but I'm eating ....OH! BTW- I'm working on my crunches... 125 left!! It's killing me though....
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Holy cow! 225 crunches done. After all of the other tings I did tonight, I was not sure I was going to be able to pry myself up off of the floor after my stretches. :blushing:
  • sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am really using muscles I don't normally use lately lol...this is great!

I have completed the first three days of challenges and for abs...I have done *so far* 450 abs...so yes, count me in, I am going to whip off 1000 by the end of the week for the team! We can do this...woooo hoooo....!! ♥
  • tagrady
    Options
    I COULDN'T BE PROUDER OF OUR TEAM!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U2fergus~ Yes, you can absolutely put off the 1 mi row/etc for another day this week. Remember we can do the excercises in any order on any day, as long as we finish everything by sunday :bigsmile:

Sharesb~ You're a rockstar!!! machine mode def on!!!

Devani34~ Great job!!!

mommaski4~ Love your dedication!!!

Thanks for the calorie help guys! I want to see the scale move this week!! trying to resist getting on everyday, but that's nearly imposible.

Regarding making up points, I got the email back from Gary. I can re-calculate the spreadsheet to be based on the 18 members we DO have. That way it's still fair, and if the 18 remaining members still complete all of the challenges, than we still are elidgeable for bonus points.

BUT, that figure still goes out the window if we have more drop outs this week. SO what i'd like to do is have everyone check in, if someone is having trouble completing the challenges, please step up & say so. I know a few of us will trade in our day of rest & help out to complete the excercises to get the teams full point potential.

~:heart: Captain