Aussie on a mission DUROMINE 30mg

Options
Sab8484
Sab8484 Posts: 16 Member
Hello,

I’m 34 from Aus. Starting my weight loss journey. Looking for people who have similar circumstances.

Goal to lose 30kg I’ve just started on Duromine 30mg tabs (day 1)

Who’s with me?!

Replies

• cupcakesplz
    cupcakesplz Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I’m from wa and on Duromine.
    I have 37kg to lose.
    I’m also loving the IF 18:6
  • Sab8484
    Options
    Hi!
    What’s IF 18:6?

How’s your experience with the Duromine?
  • cupcakesplz
    Options
    Intermittent fast. I fast for 18 hours and eat in the 6 hour window
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    hi how are u i am from australia to
  • Sab8484
    Options
    I’ve never heard of that. Do you stick to a set amount of KJ in a day still?
    What times are you fasting and eating?
  • cupcakesplz
    Options
    The Duromine gives me the energy that I need to keep my body moving and it helps with my headaches and nausea. I have been on it for 2 weeks. In the first week I lost 4kgs and the second I didn’t lose much about .5kgs
  • Sab8484
    Options
    johnw83 wrote: »
    hi how are u i am from australia to

Hi John! I’m in Brisbane :) how is your journey going?
  • Sab8484
    Options
    The Duromine gives me the energy that I need to keep my body moving and it helps with my headaches and nausea. I have been on it for 2 weeks. In the first week I lost 4kgs and the second I didn’t lose much about .5kgs

Are you referring to headaches and nausea caused by not eating it side effect of Duromine?

I’ve just started the tabs today. I feel nothing. 🤷‍♀️ Hoping I don’t get any of the bad side effects though.

• Sab8484
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

I understand your view completely. I’m not taking the medication to fix the issue. I am using it only as a kick start to help me along. I am making lifestyle changes along the way as I want a long term outcome.

Yesterday was day one of MFP Aand I was really surprised at the calorie intake of regular things in my day (coffee,tea etc). So that was a good eye opener to the things I’ve looked past. I make healthier choices with everything I eat now. I’m not saying it’s the BEST or the HEALTHIEST of choices as I’m still learning, but certainly more aware of the bad things.

I’m excited for this journey and a little scared as well. I’ve been overweight for so long that it became normal.

Day 2 today! On a mission to hit my step target as I missed out yesterday.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Like you I was surprised by how many calories I was eating when I first started logging. I logged for a week without changing anything so I could see where I needed to make changes. A lot of it was mindless eating, huge portions and snacking high calorie things late at night.

Whether you take diet pills, do IF, go low carb, or any of the many different ways of eating it will all come down to eating less than you burn. So sticking to your calorie allowance is paramount.

I wish you luck and hope you don't suffer any ill affects from the pills.

This place is full of very well informed people who are glad to help with advice and tips on how to manage weight loss in a healthy way. I am sure you will be able to use the site to achieve your goals.
  • RedDragonfly8
    RedDragonfly8 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm from Australia too add me 😄
  • cupcakesplz
    Options
    Sab8484 wrote: »

Are you referring to headaches and nausea caused by not eating it side effect of Duromine?

I’ve just started the tabs today. I feel nothing. 🤷‍♀️ Hoping I don’t get any of the bad side effects though.

I get headaches and feel nauseous when I don’t eat every 3 hours. Even then I still feel a bit sick. I have found that if I don’t eat breakfast and just wait until lunchtime I don’t get headaches or feel nauseous. I don’t feel the need to eat every hour or think about eating. Duromine helps me with the headaches and nausea at the start of changing my habits
  • cupcakesplz
    Options
    I count my calories as well
  • Sab8484
    Options

Can I ask what is your intake allowance for the day? I think I’m on 1200.
  • cupcakesplz
    Options
    I’m on 1570
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options

Can I ask what is your intake allowance for the day? I think I’m on 1200.
    You're not "on" anything on MFP, and what other people do, isn't necessarily what you need to do. You get a calorie suggestion based on the information you enter. If you pick the most aggressive weightloss goal, you get the lowest calorie target.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I understand your view completely. I’m not taking the medication to fix the issue. I am using it only as a kick start to help me along. I am making lifestyle changes along the way as I want a long term outcome.
    If you want a good long term outcome, you drop the idea of kickstart.
    I was really surprised at the calorie intake of regular things in my day (coffee,tea etc). So that was a good eye opener to the things I’ve looked past.
    But there are practically 0 calories in coffee and tea?
    I make healthier choices with everything I eat now. I’m not saying it’s the BEST or the HEALTHIEST of choices as I’m still learning, but certainly more aware of the bad things.
    An even better approach is to stop dividing foods into good and bad, healthy and unhealthy, and learn to eat for both pleasure and nutrition. You can eat anything in moderation. Calling stuff you like, bad, is what makes you crave them like mad.
    I’m excited for this journey and a little scared as well. I’ve been overweight for so long that it became normal.
    If you can calm down a little - weightloss is nothing to be scared of, and nothing to be excited about, either - weight management will become the new normal.