How'd you pick which weight loss program was best for you?

Options

Replies

• dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The Mediterranean diet is a bit higher carb percentage, but it isn't just mainly bread and fruit, no.

I chose calorie counting here on MFP because it made the most sense to me and was the easiest path to follow. It challenged me to think creatively about how to get the most bang for my buck, calorie wise. I love to eat, so I naturally started to gravitate towards foods that have less calories that I could eat more of (vegetables) and the higher calorie food less frequently or in smaller portions.
    I chose this way because I wanted something I could stick with and not feel deprived or confused. It also encourages me to move more, because the more I move, the more I can eat! Haha
    Hopefully I answered the question you were asking.
    It seems like a lot of people on this thread are misreading it and using it as a way to be preachy ...
  • meagan8376
    meagan8376 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    The Mediterranean diet is a bit higher carb percentage, but it isn't just mainly bread and fruit, no.

I chose calorie counting here on MFP because it made the most sense to me and was the easiest path to follow. It challenged me to think creatively about how to get the most bang for my buck, calorie wise. I love to eat, so I naturally started to gravitate towards foods that have less calories that I could eat more of (vegetables) and the higher calorie food less frequently or in smaller portions.
    I chose this way because I wanted something I could stick with and not feel deprived or confused. It also encourages me to move more, because the more I move, the more I can eat! Haha
    It seems like a lot of people on this thread are misreading it and using it as a way to be preachy ...

Yes thank you.

I don't mind carbs. I could never do the keto diet, those are some strong willed people.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    meagan8376 wrote: »

Yes thank you.

I don't mind carbs. I could never do the keto diet, those are some strong willed people.

Me either! I could not be held responsible for my actions if someone took my bread, pasta, and fruit away! Lol
    Not to mention, gallbladder issues run in my family, so I'd be very nervous about attempting any kind of high fat diet.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I set up my preferences and calorie target in platejoy.com then buy and eat what they recommend. Great recipes suited to me. For me it is set to low carb, nut allergies, seasonal produce, and typical supermarkets. I can change the preferences any time and there are a lot of options
This discussion has been closed.