30 grapes?

Options
So I’ve been wondering this for awhile, but how much calories would be in 30 green, seed-filled grapes? I know it’s a dumb question, but I tend to eat grapes a lot.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,991 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    fickleee wrote: »
    So I’ve been wondering this for awhile, but how much calories would be in 30 green, seed-filled grapes? I know it’s a dumb question, but I tend to eat grapes a lot.
    3b6wbt579jdn.png

• joe00678mfp
    joe00678mfp Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    1. Buy a scale on Amazon for like $7 (I use mine for recipes)
    2. Do you vary your fruit intake or only stick with grapes?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Weigh them
  • cdeane27
    cdeane27 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    100 grams of white grapes usually ends up around 60 cals. That usually gets me around 12-15 grapes.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    fickleee wrote: »
    3b6wbt579jdn.png

Except this isnt exactly true. All grapes are not the same size and weight. So best thing to do is to weight what you eat, as always.

Be as pedantic as you want to be.

Hard to believe you find a need to argue over (at the most) 50 calories.

I had a digital food scale when you weren't even born yet - so I agree.

I also think a cup of grapes isn't worth weighing.

Now.... multiply that by lets say 7 (days) what you get? It goes for everything we eat.

^^^^^^ This!!!!

Those 50-100 calories in "just a little bit" add up fast!!!!
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I take a portion of grapes to work for lunch every day. It’s as near 100g (66 KCal) as I can get without having to cut one in half. It’s usually 18-20 grapes, so if I were the OP and really couldn’t weigh I’d probably log 30 grapes as 175g (115 KCal) to be “safe”
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Search for “You don’t use a food scale?” by @quiksylver296. I can’t link it right now, I’m on my phone. But food scales are great for optimal calorie count.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    squeaker87 wrote: »
    Search for “You don’t use a food scale?” by @quiksylver296. I can’t link it right now, I’m on my phone. But food scales are great for optimal calorie count.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

That said, I don't weigh everything UNLESS (very important, that word) I'm not losing as expected. If I'm happy with my progress, I don't see the need to weigh my grapes because what I'm doing is obviously working fine. However, if I stop/slow down losing, I know it's likely because my logging has gotten sloppy and I need to get back to basics.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh everything every time either. I think one can become too pedantic about this.

Eating grapes ( ie not wine grapes) are all generally about the same size.

I would weigh an average size one, get the calorie count, and then each time from there on, just log it as 30 ( or however many ) serves.
    Though it would probably be quicker to weigh the bunch than to count out 30 grapes.

But if scale isn't handy or you are eating only a few, I would do the 'count and treat as average size' way.

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    A grape is a fruit, right? So that means 30 grapefruit... :smiley:
    :D:D:D
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    While now I probably wouldn't weigh out grapes, when I first started I would have and I think there is value in going through a period where you weigh every-damn-thing so you make sure there is nothing slipping through the cracks where you are accidentally eating way more calories than you think. OP is relatively new and says they eat grapes a lot. We all had that food that we were shocked the first time we weighed it, and while grapes probably wouldn't fit that category to me, someone who has previously thought of grapes as "free food" or who eats them all the time might need a reset of what a serving size looks like, or even what 30 grapes looks like. :drinker:

OP, the next time you have grapes, weigh out the serving you normally have and find an accurate database entry for grapes. Then you'll know going forward!