Back to Keto?

Options
Entering the third week after stopping Keto, I have not lost weight even though I have been sticking to a 1,500 calorie per day diet. My lowest weight was 206.8 on Keto. I am now at 208.2. If I am not back in the 205 or 206 range by Monday, I am jumping back on the Keto diet to guide me through the final 40 pounds of weight to lose.

Replies

• xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I just started back on keto Im on day 3! Sending you a friend request :smile:
  • rw135
    rw135 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think Keto is great, but I do agree that calories are always important.
    I am back on track with keto too; it makes me feel better. I still track calories though so that I learn portion control and such. I never feel deprived when I am doing keto. I do a 1200 calorie diet, just for reference, and have been doing it just since August 1st.
  • xmarye
    xmarye Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    rw135 wrote: »
    I think Keto is great, but I do agree that calories are always important.
    I am back on track with keto too; it makes me feel better. I still track calories though so that I learn portion control and such. I never feel deprived when I am doing keto. I do a 1200 calorie diet, just for reference, and have been doing it just since August 1st.

Same here! Keto just eradicates my unhealthy sweet cravings, and helps me tune in to my TRUE hunger cues. I try to eat between 1200-1500cals depending on the level of physical activity that day.
  • hjsportsed1
    hjsportsed1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Entering the third week after stopping Keto, I have not lost weight even though I have been sticking to a 1,500 calorie per day diet. My lowest weight was 206.8 on Keto. I am now at 208.2. If I am not back in the 205 or 206 range by Monday, I am jumping back on the Keto diet to guide me through the final 40 pounds of weight to lose.

Stop going on and off the various diets. Just simply eat everything in moderation and within your calorie limit.
    Yes, this is this simple!!!

This....... try being cosistant. Just mho...

I have been consistent going on my third week and nothing as far as weight loss. I have even been starting to do the training for a 5K, thus more exercise. I think what I am doing now may be good for maintenance, but to get to my goal, I have to get back to Keto.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I counted calories to maintain a calorie deficit by eating less and running 30+ miles a week. I lost 50 pounds. As soon as I relaxed a bit the weight came back and I gained 30 pounds. I started Keto on July 10th and lost 16 pounds since. I don't count calories, I eat when I am hungry so it is a lifestyle that I am very comfortable with. I am also intrigued by the theories as how this may mimic the way we eating before processed grains and sugars. I am also reading a book "Tripping over the truth" which is exploring the relationship between cancer growth and glucose supply. I am still new to LCHF diet but I like how I feel, how it effects my appetite and ability to lose weight. I plan on continuing my research and the LCHF lifestyle indefinitely. I look forward to getting my blood work done to see how my cholesterol levels respond but will wait until I reach my desired weight first.
  • Amandah9889
    Amandah9889 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I tried the Keto diet and while it had benefits was horrible for me. I had kidney issues and GI issues with it. I want continue doing a low carb diet but maybe not a strict 20 g a day and not quite such a high fat diet. I need to get back to tracking calories and exercising regularly.
  • jenfitnessmama
    jenfitnessmama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just started back on Keto too and am in my 2nd full day! I forgot how mich I love this WOE and am always looking for Keto friends with open diaries!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options

Stop going on and off the various diets. Just simply eat everything in moderation and within your calorie limit.

I have been consistent going on my third week and nothing as far as weight loss. I have even been starting to do the training for a 5K, thus more exercise. I think what I am doing now may be good for maintenance, but to get to my goal, I have to get back to Keto.

I agree that it probably is water weight. You can gain a few pounds of water just by increasing carbs (and insulin). Staring a new exercise program may cause some extra water retention in muscle too.

If you like keto and find it helpful to losing weight, then go for it. If you prefer to not be keto, I would be patient with that water weight.

Best wishes.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

So you are eating very low calories, have become more active and eat more carbs.... So stress + increase activity + more carbs = more water weight storage. I can lose 5-7 lbs (and do weekly) going keto or close to it. I also subsequently, regain when I carb refeed (minus my fat loss).

Personally, be consistent for a few months, but also increase you intake. Unless you are looking to lose muscle, 1500 calories is severely low for an active male.

Totally this^ plus how sure are you of logging accuracy? Weighing everything on a food scale? Capturing everything?
  • hjsportsed1
    hjsportsed1 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »

So you are eating very low calories, have become more active and eat more carbs.... So stress + increase activity + more carbs = more water weight storage. I can lose 5-7 lbs (and do weekly) going keto or close to it. I also subsequently, regain when I carb refeed (minus my fat loss).

Personally, be consistent for a few months, but also increase you intake. Unless you are looking to lose muscle, 1500 calories is severely low for an active male.

Totally this^ plus how sure are you of logging accuracy? Weighing everything on a food scale? Capturing everything?

Yes, weighing food and logging it all. How many calories should I eat? I would like to lose 2 pounds per week, at the least one pound per week. I am 51, 5-9 and 207 pounds.