Trying to reclaim my life

Options
2»

Replies

• nhardee89
    nhardee89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    So far things have been great! I have much more energy and I feel better overall since I stopped eating out.
  • laurieaboots937
    laurieaboots937 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    nhardee89 wrote: »
    Hi guys, my name is Nick, 28, I work in a cell phone store and I currently weigh 353. I've struggled with my weight the majority of my life and it is a daily struggle. I'm trying to get my diet under control and avoid fast food completely since I work next to it daily. I'm currently engaged and getting married next year and I want to be able to dance with my wife. I want to be able to play outside with her kids before I'm too far gone. I'm here seeking motivation and support as I go through this transformation.

• PloddingTurtle
    PloddingTurtle Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    nhardee89 wrote: »
    So far things have been great! I have much more energy and I feel better overall since I stopped eating out.

Excellent! Care to share what you've done specifically to help fight the fast-food addiction?
  • gstaubs1
    gstaubs1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey Nick, you have come to the right place! I have found great motivation and inspiration here. Add me and best of luck my friend...You got this!
  • nhardee89
    Options
    gstaubs1 wrote: »
    Hey Nick, you have come to the right place! I have found great motivation and inspiration here. Add me and best of luck my friend...You got this!

Thanks for the add buddy! Everyone has been so encouraging and have given me such great advice, it has been wonderful.
  • SelenaMariaStewart
    SelenaMariaStewart Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You are the same age as me! You absolutely got this, just make sure to log your food accurately and focus on keeping to your calorie limits. You will see the weight fall off in NO time! Feel free to add me as a friend as well! I'm on here everyday if you need a good butt-whooping to keep you motivated! 😛
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    You can still make better choices even if you're eating take-out. Most fast food restaurants have at least one or two health(ier) choices like a grilled chicken salad or wraps. Even a small burger with a side salad is better than the huge double pattie with everything. All the bacon, cheese and mayo on burgers add a lot to the calories. Opt for a hamburger with extra pickles, lettuce and tomato - hold the mayo - you have a very filling meal for reasonable calories.

As far as other take-out - consider Thai food with loads of veggies. Even Chinese can be lower calories if you skip all the deep fried stuff and just have a stir-fry with plain rice.

Bottom line - just start paying more attention to total calories consumed and eat less than you burn. You can do it!
  • nhardee89
    Options
    RaeBeeBaby wrote: »
    You can still make better choices even if you're eating take-out. Most fast food restaurants have at least one or two health(ier) choices like a grilled chicken salad or wraps. Even a small burger with a side salad is better than the huge double pattie with everything. All the bacon, cheese and mayo on burgers add a lot to the calories. Opt for a hamburger with extra pickles, lettuce and tomato - hold the mayo - you have a very filling meal for reasonable calories.

As far as other take-out - consider Thai food with loads of veggies. Even Chinese can be lower calories if you skip all the deep fried stuff and just have a stir-fry with plain rice.

Bottom line - just start paying more attention to total calories consumed and eat less than you burn. You can do it!

I love pickles so that wouldn't be a problem. Still trying to avoid eating out but now I know that when I have no choice I can still make appropriate choices!
  • nhardee89
    Options
    Saibasu wrote: »
    You are the same age as me! You absolutely got this, just make sure to log your food accurately and focus on keeping to your calorie limits. You will see the weight fall off in NO time! Feel free to add me as a friend as well! I'm on here everyday if you need a good butt-whooping to keep you motivated! 😛

Sounds great and thanks for the advice! I can always use extra motivation!
  • Laura5662
    Laura5662 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, good luck with your weight loss endeavours! There's lots of hacks for quick, healthy food. When I don't have time, I just take ready made salad without dressing, put some roasted chicken slices on top (those that come in a package) and microwave two small sweet potatoes. Healthy and filling.

• annanthon123
    annanthon123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am retired but always took my lunch to work because the food I prepared was healthier and it’s a lot quicker than going out. Are you using this app to track your nutrition? I just started but think you only need to do it for a week or so to see where you stand. I eat a plant based whole food diet and I see I’m way over the recommendation on fiber vitamin A and C, which is great! Potasium is usually good but calcium and iron have been less than ideal so I adjusted my diet and am eating more green and beans. My calories are good, sugars and carb have been a little over. The food I eat is very nutritious and high in fiber and I’m really stuffed all the time, never hungry. I suggest you go to a website called nutritionfacts.org where there are a lot of videos that would be helpful for you. Good luck and keep up the good work!