30 Pounds and Counting! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• happyjacks
    happyjacks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello!

So excited to have an extended support network! I am 5'7", currently at 181(ish) which is down about 10lbs from 3.5 weeks ago when I joined MFP. So far things have been going well! I feel really confident about the lifestyle changes this time (compared to when I've lost 20lbs before and then gained it back.)

I am 32 (almost 33) and married with two kids. My goal is to get to 165 by my birthday (10/5) I do work out regularly and have been since last August (and really, for the past several years I've been working out regularly) but I was eating like crap. Mt. Dew daily, donuts, cookies, candies, etc. Not good.

My workout is mostly cardio and I hope to start working in weights in September. My kids started school today and I am self-employed, working from home, so no excuses.

And that is what I keep telling myself about all of this - no excuses. I am too old to NOT know better. I am definitely not perfect, but I am determined. :)
  • happyjacks
    Options
    Sharing because you girls will understand:

When I got home from the gym this AM my scale showed 179.8. I about cried. Granted, my normal weigh-in time is right after I get up, so this doesn't count as my daily weight (I track daily because I am OCD like that) but I was so happy to see the seventies, even for a fleeting moment!

I should have shared earlier:

sw: 191.8
    cw: 181.2
    gw: 155

goal: 165 by my birthday (10/5)
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I cant wait to have that feeling of seeing the 170's. Its been a long time .... Hopefully i will next week (i weigh on mondays). Im excited for u happyjacks! Keep up the good work!
  • hepkitty
    hepkitty Posts: 133
    Options
    Hi guys, Keen to join in! I'm 27 years old, 5'7" and currently weigh 172lbs. I'm wanting to get down to about 150 so have 22 to go. I'd like to drop most if not all of it by Christmas, and I'd like to do it by building really solid, well-ingrained habits so that when I go away for 2 weeks after Christmas I can enjoy myself without having too much of a setback.

I got down to 154 in 2010 but gained it all back after our Sept & Feb earthquakes (I'm in Christchurch NZ). Probably a combination of factors, like psychological response to the earthquakes, the fact that tons of places were shut or unsafe (my usual running route is still under a foot of silty water, & full of cracks and holes), and the fact that I've been working from home since Feb (right next to the kitchen).

I'm starting to feel a bit more human lately though, and determined to get back on track and start building up better habits again. Luckily for me my husband also wants to drop a bit of weight so we're trying to motivate each other. But I think this group will be really good for me...when you guys are doing well and not, and you're the same size as me, there's no excuse!

Becky
  • kikilopez84
    Options
    That is awesome happyjacks!!! Keep up the good work :)
  • emom21
    emom21 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm Meg ... 30-ish, 5'8 and 183 lbs. 140 lbs is, I think, a good goal. I've had 2 children, so I know that changes things a bit. Really, I'd love to be 135. Secret wish! Anyway, my goal right now is to lose between 10 and 15 lbs by early October, and to have all of it off by July of 2012. We're in a super stressful time right now, so I'm trying to be kind to myself. I just want to feel comfortable and confident in my clothing. Right now i have about 2 shirts that are just OK, and 1 pair of jeans that aren't so great either. I REFUSE to buy a larger size. Recently I treated myself to a new haircut, but the next time I shop it will be for SMALLER clothing. Period.
  • emom21
    emom21 Posts: 13
    Options
    happyjacks ... We may have been separated at birth! LOL! Glad to know i'm not alone. It's just that doughnuts are so tasty with a cup of coffee and if I work out, all junk food should not count ... at all. In my world, anyway. : )
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in...let me know what the deal is!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me join! Reading through your post, I know how it feels for where you are! I am 23, 5'7 and 3/4 " I usually say 5'8" , a mommy to 3 little girls (6, 3, and 2) plus I work full time. My hubby and I are doing Insanity to finish losing weight. I have already lost 43 pounds but I am looking to get down to 135 to 140 ish. I have plateaued at 155, but that is my fault for over eating!

Glad to be a part of this group!
    Jen

Edit : I wanted to include I am doing a 24 hour exercise challenge for August too!
  • Betheroo
    Betheroo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Betheroo and I would like to have the encouragement of other women on this same journey. I joined MFP earlier this year (SW 178) and was doing well, but got derailed this summer during an extended international trip for a family wedding and visits. I want to get back on track and lay good habits that will last not just when life is routine but when things get crazy, too. I'm at about 169 now and would like to see 140 again (where I was eight years ago, before I had four kids!). I'm working on the Couch25K program and also run stairs for exercise. Looking forward to more accountability here!
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    I am in !! My goal was 25 pounds. But after I lost the first 15, I realized I was waaaayyyy out of control. So I think 30 is within range ... and who knows after that :) I weigh in on Friday mornings so I can have guilt-free weekends (I still watch, but I have the whole week at work to 'be good' - it is a good routine time vs the weekends). So I will post then !! Back in 2 days !!
  • happyjacks
    Options
    happyjacks ... We may have been separated at birth! LOL! Glad to know i'm not alone. It's just that doughnuts are so tasty with a cup of coffee and if I work out, all junk food should not count ... at all. In my world, anyway. : )

How funny - My name is Meggan, so maybe we really are! LOL. I love donuts, but can pass on the coffee and before MFP, I still worked out 45 minutes 4-5x a week but was eating SO BAD that I was still gaining weight. When I was facing the possibility of shopping at Lane Bryant for cothes, well, I decided no donut was worth that!

Compared to last Wednesday, I've dropped 1.8 lbs, so I am really pleased. I am down over 11lbs since I started, but have only deflated enough to fit comfortably into my regular clothes. I was bursting at the seams of them before. It's a bit disheartening, but it is what it is. It's still hotter than hades here (I am in AZ) so I am hopeful that by the time it cools off (like October?) I will be ready to go buy some new fall clothes.
  • happyjacks
    Options

, and the fact that I've been working from home since Feb (right next to the kitchen).

I work from home too and I swear while it is convenient, also makes it incredibly convenient to just eat whenever you want. On the up note, I have the flexibility to hit the gym, get sweaty, and then come home, do work and eventually get around to the shower when I have time.

It's great your hubby is also doing this with you. I need to get my husband on board - he is at his highest weight right now. He will eventually come around, I think. He's one of those guys that can stop drinking soda and his daily candy bar and drop 20lbs in 2 months though. I hate him sometimes. LOL
  • rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options
    Sharing because you girls will understand:

When I got home from the gym this AM my scale showed 179.8. I about cried. Granted, my normal weigh-in time is right after I get up, so this doesn't count as my daily weight (I track daily because I am OCD like that) but I was so happy to see the seventies, even for a fleeting moment!

I should have shared earlier:

sw: 191.8
    cw: 181.2
    gw: 155

goal: 165 by my birthday (10/5)

I am also an OCD scale girl...I have recently bought a digital scale that tells you your body fat in weight and %, your muscle mass and your bone density...I love it!
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! Look at all the new members!! How exciting!

Happyjacks: I will def cry when I see the the 170's!

Lost 1 pound this week. Was actually expecting a gain so I am happy with this. I didnt record this weekend because it was my birthday but we did work out both days :)
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!! I'm SO glad to see some new people! I hope we can encourage each other and everything on this thread or even on your walls. To tell you alittle about myself. I'm 27 yo, married for 3 years. Got comfy and ended up weighing in at 160 at my heaviest and my twin sister, who is a twig, practically beat me over the head and said I had to do something about myself. She's one of the reasons I started losing weight because we can't even share clothes! So now, I'm down about 6 pounds going on 7 and hoping to get to the 140's before my husband and I go to Jamaica in a couple weeks!! I kinda don't think that'll happen. :laugh:

Anyhoo, I forgot to weigh in yesterday. After being stuck between 154 and 155 for 2 weeks, I've finally hit 153.4 this morning! :bigsmile: *happy dance* I'll take .2 over nothing. ha!
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    So glad to meet you ladies and hear your stories.. A little about me...!
    I'm Alex! I'm 20 years old (turning 21 in December) and I'm tired of not feeling comfortable in my own skin. I finally weigh less than my boyfriend, which was a huge accomplishment for me. I started MFP at 175.6, though my heaviest was 178. Aye. I weighed in today at 163.6, and I'm steadily losing! I'm shooting for 140 by November which is when my bf and I will be going to Arizona to stay with a friend. I don't want to have to wear big/covering clothing while it's a million degrees out.. (and it will seem WAY hotter than it is since I'm from Alaska). I post progress pics monthly and my next will be September 7.

Anyone is welcome to friend me and follow me on my journey while I follow yours :)
  • melissa_leah
    Options
    I am 5'7" and wanting to lose about 30 pounds, feel free to add me! I could always use more motivation and support!! I post a lot!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    So just wanted to share, I hit an all time low of 154.8 this morning! WOOOHOOOO! I cannot wait to be in the 140's again!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So just wanted to share, I hit an all time low of 154.8 this morning! WOOOHOOOO! I cannot wait to be in the 140's again!

wow!! I can relate since I'm just at 154.4!! I can't wait to be in the 140's again either :laugh:

on another note: I have an nsv for this board. My husband mentioned last night that my arms are looking more defined than before!! :bigsmile: