Looking for more friends and some advice.

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,724 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't see where you've told us your current weight, or exactly how much you have to lose. If current weight isn't well over 200 pounds, and you don't have at least 50-75 pounds to lose, 2 pounds a week is too aggressive a weight loss rate to target. If your BMI is not quite 26, and 115 is a rational ultimate goal weight, I'm guessing you're on the shorter side of average, to maybe average, in height, and don't weigh 200 pounds right now or have 75 to lose.

I actually do currently weight 200 pounds and started at 217. :neutral: my goal is 145-150 because that’s what I was a few years ago at the smallest I have ever been, and I carry my weight a little differently so smaller than that would look strange for my body type personally. I didn’t intentionally lose 3/wk. It just happened to turn out that way when I started eating properly and exercising. With the foods I eat/like I think I would actually have a very hard time hitting a higher calorie goal to lose less than 2/wk

Ah - sorry, I misread.

At 200 pounds and with 50 pounds to lose, you're kind of on the cusp of 2 pounds a week being reasonable/safe. Three pounds is risky.

And seriously, reduced performance in the gym is a Bad Sign. Please find a way to eat more!

Some things that can work are eating nuts (healthy fats, calorie dense) or peanut butter, eating avocado, eating fattier meats or fish, using full-fat dairy (including cheese) rather than low-fat if you eat dairy, using a little more oil in cooking or on salads, adding nutritious starchy veg or fruit like bananas, etc. - low volume but calorie-dense things. Treat foods are fine, too, in order to get to an adequate calorie level, but if you want to keep it nutrition-dense, there are lots of nutritious foods that are higher in calories.

Edited to add: Once you get to goal weight, you'll need to eat more than you are now, to maintain that weight. This may be a good time to start practicing some workable long-term strategies! :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't see where you've told us your current weight, or exactly how much you have to lose. If current weight isn't well over 200 pounds, and you don't have at least 50-75 pounds to lose, 2 pounds a week is too aggressive a weight loss rate to target. If your BMI is not quite 26, and 115 is a rational ultimate goal weight, I'm guessing you're on the shorter side of average, to maybe average, in height, and don't weigh 200 pounds right now or have 75 to lose.

I actually do currently weight 200 pounds and started at 217. :neutral: my goal is 145-150 because that’s what I was a few years ago at the smallest I have ever been, and I carry my weight a little differently so smaller than that would look strange for my body type personally. I didn’t intentionally lose 3/wk. It just happened to turn out that way when I started eating properly and exercising. With the foods I eat/like I think I would actually have a very hard time hitting a higher calorie goal to lose less than 2/wk

So what happens when you get to maintenance?
  • scaye103092
    scaye103092 Posts: 48 Member
    Options

So what happens when you get to maintenance?

I plan on eating my calorie maintence level and exercising more when I get there so I can add a little more into my diet. Not much. It’s very easy for me to gain weight so I know I’ll have to weigh and calculate things for a long time til I get used to knowing what portions I can eat and such.