Who's your fitspo?

Options
(Fitness inspiration)

in real life - my insiration is my daughter, keeping fit and keeping up with her, also to look good for my other half!

in media - Michelle Lewin - she looks incredible

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Tammy Hembrow and Sierra Nielsen.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I don't have a huge inspiration, I follow Megsquats on youtube though. Maybe I need to find some inspiration.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    I don't have a huge inspiration, I follow Megsquats on youtube though. Maybe I need to find some inspiration.

She's awesome!!!!!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I have any
  • meagan8376
    meagan8376 Posts: 94 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    My mom is my inspiration she's 50 but still has a body of a 20 year old.
    She goes to the gym and does it like no problem.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I used to follow so many fitness influencers on Instagram until I watched James Smith's video on how misleading they are.

I do enjoy James' videos but he's more around educating people on weight loss and calling out the BS so he's not really "fitspo".
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Kilian Jornet, Scott Jurek, Nicky Spinks

Not interested in the aesthetics, just the achievement
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I have a weird brain that isn't inspired by what other people do. If something is not related to me directly, other than admiring someone's efforts it doesn't have an effect on my plans or motivation. So, with that in mind, I don't have a fitspo. Like @VUA21, I'm my own inspiration because my own progress is more relevant to me than someone else's.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Okay, maybe this is nuts (or vain, or wildly self-indulgent), but -

I don't know anything about her level of fitness, but I happened to notice that Elizabeth McGovern is about my age & height, and has the same sort of ethnic background and coloring (eyes, hair, shape of face, etc.). There are few pictures of her from the time period when I was at goal weight that look similar to pictures of me from that time. (I'm not saying I'm as beautiful as she is or anything, more than a near-sighted person some distance away could have mixed up us up.)

And I have no real idea what I would look like at my current age and a normal weight. It's really helpful and inspiring to look at a photo of McGovern and say "Yeah, well, maybe I'd look sort of like that (on a very good day, after a Hollywood makeover)." It really helps me with that whole "vision thing." ;)
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Is it bad if I say myself? I do follow people on social media but I follow them mostly for fitness advice, workout moves, style, beauty tips etc.
    Same. If I wasn't doing this for myself I would have stopped a long time ago.

In terms of advice and things like that, Josef Rakich is worth a follow.
  • Pardyqueenxoxo
    Pardyqueenxoxo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Oh and seeing older, chubbier pics myself
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Lara Croft :lol:
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    This is my fitspo:
    MFP Fitspiration

Shame it's gone quiet recently.
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I like Whitney Simmons...her attitude is refreshing and I appreciate her effort.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    In real life: myself, my son, and my husband. I love getting stronger and not being limited. I want to set a good example for my son and teach him healthy eating habits as well as being fit. I want to look good for my husband. He takes care of his body and I want to look good for him as well.

In the media: Sara Sigmundsdóttir and Katrín Davídsdóttir. They are both awesome, strong, powerful women.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    In real life - my 80 year old super active mom.

In media, no one - I could care less. Plus my coworkers and OH work with PhotoShop and I have seen what it can do.

On MFP, too many people to mention, but I will give a shoutout to these two threads:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689837/does-this-uterus-make-my-stomach-look-fat/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10687999/tummy-surgery-after-180-pound-weight-loss-warning-some-graphic-pics/p1
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I guess I've changed my mind. I will say my grandpa. He's in his mid 80's and still gets up early and goes to the gym every morning. He's in great shape and has a lot of energy. Not at all like most people I know around his age, or even a lot younger.