Hanging Up My Cape and Tights!

Options
And getting out my Goth Undertaker drag. >:)

As of this morning, my BMI has dropped below the magic level of 45, and I am no longer "Super obese."
I'm merely "Morbidly" so.

(And no, many people would not regard being morbidly obese as something to celebrate, but many people have also never been super obese.)

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Rock it!
  • TinaZ2018
    TinaZ2018 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!!!!! I'm a big believer in celebrating every accomplishment. Big step or little step it's all worth noticing.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,754 Member
    Options
    Well done, and keep on keepin' on!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You are going in the direction you should...so.....CELEBRATE :D:)<3
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats on being (only) morbidly obese :wink:
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    WOOT!!! Go you!
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • wannabesmaller2017
    Options
    Every pound gone off our bodies help! Great job!!
  • jdubois5351
    jdubois5351 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Great job! Take this, stupid BMI!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Super obese sounds better than morbidly obese to me. I hate the word morbid. You have done so well :) , now let's get out of this category as fast as possible :)
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    👏👏👏👏
  • Deviette
    Deviette Posts: 979 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't even know there was a category above morbidly obese...

However:
    :star:🎉CONGRATULATIONS🎉:star:

It might not be a thing for others to celebrate, but they're not the ones who have done the work. You have, and you very much have a reason to celebrate.
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Emi1974 wrote: »
    Super obese sounds better than morbidly obese to me. I hate the word morbid. You have done so well :) , now let's get out of this category as fast as possible :)
    Well, yes; and the cape-&-tights "Superobese Superhero" costume is more fun to imagine than the Goth Undertaker outfits.

But, other than that, "Morbid" beats "Super" all around.

If I lose 0.5% to 1% of my weight per week, I can plan on being "Morbid" until sometime between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. Then I'll become "Severe," and can pretend-dress-up as a Spartan Schoolmarm. :o;)

I say again - we need a 'hysterically funny' or ROFL button! I am now picturing the Spartan Schoolmarm costume! But seriously? Congratulations on your progress! Go Go Go Goth Undertaker!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Emi1974 wrote: »
    Well, yes; and the cape-&-tights "Superobese Superhero" costume is more fun to imagine than the Goth Undertaker outfits.

But, other than that, "Morbid" beats "Super" all around.

If I lose 0.5% to 1% of my weight per week, I can plan on being "Morbid" until sometime between Thanksgiving and Valentine's Day. Then I'll become "Severe," and can pretend-dress-up as a Spartan Schoolmarm. :o;)

Severe does offer some potential for interesting props! Crack that whip!
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Well done. This is just the first achievement of many.
  • Evelyn_Gorfram
    Evelyn_Gorfram Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Deviette wrote: »
    Honestly, I didn't even know there was a category above morbidly obese...

Well, in the very strictest application of the terminology, I think that I was actually "Morbidly Super Obese" (but you really don't want to see the costume for that ;) ).

There's even Super-Super-Obese (usually abbreviated as "SSO"), which generally seems to start at BMI > 60 (although that gets into a realm where I don't really have a right, nor a desire, to do much joking around).
    Deviette wrote: »
    However:
    :star:🎉CONGRATULATIONS🎉:star:

It might not be a thing for others to celebrate, but they're not the ones who have done the work. You have, and you very much have a reason to celebrate.
    Thanks so much! :):):)

• elfin168
    elfin168 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Go you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!